Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Question "Program Not Responding" Messages

Eccie Staff,

I am glad to see that the warning message off the Eccie site issue has been cleared up because I no longer get that message on my Firefox browser when I log on to the site, but I think now we have collateral damage to repair on some of the members computers.

I have been having repeated messages of "Program Not Responding" messages with both Firefox and Outlook.

Does anybody have any specific advice on how to fix those problems?

I have already tried the normal routines of logging off and rebooting and today I ran a complete virus and spy-ware scan on all the files on my system. It turned up with 88 threats, but they were only cookies which the system cleaned up and also cleaned up temporary files and so forth, but the problem persists.

I think a lady mentioned on the board that she had to have professional help to fix her computer. Do you know what was done to fix your computer?

There was some mention of some blue booze bug and I wonder if I need to run a special antidote to remove whatever the hell that malicious bug did to my computer (if that was indeed the culprit).

I am going to try to restore my system to a prior date, but if anyone knows of a more precise fix, please let us know.

I have a feeling I am not the only one having computer problems after this "Attack Page" incident.

I suspect that a petty and envious competitor of Eccie went to such malicious extremes just out of spite to hurt the site and it's members, but karma will fix their clock.

However, right now I just want to fix my computer!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

You can try this from Microsoft to see if their scan will help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926449

I just did it so I am not sure if the problem is gone yet or not.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Serious Trauma

Thanks, jymie.

I ran your diagnostic program and it found a couple of things, but did not detect any particular worms, virus or Trojans just some minor things to uncheck on the tool bar which I doubt will fix anything.

From my perspective, the real problem appears to be embedded in the pst file of Outlook.

My browsers seem to run smoothly when I don't open Outlook, but when I open Outlook things become unstable fast and I get the accursed "Program Not Responding" message.

I uninstalled Outlook and then did a reinstall and it seemed to be running stable, but I had lost my contacts and important emails.

A friend suggested that I could import my contacts from the corrupt pst file since whatever worm I might have would be in the emails and not in the contacts.

The idea sounded logical and I thought I could at least salvage part of my system so I tried the idea, but Outlook froze up again during the process and I am back to square one. Groan!

Anyone have any ideas they want to share? I've done all the basics already. I searched for programs that are specifically designed to fix corrupt pst files, but they all freeze up half-way during the process.

I am going through serious trauma here after working on my pc for 5 days with the help of 3 IT experts, but this malicious blue booze worm (or whatever the hell it is) is still infecting my system and I'm about to blow a fuse!

Right now, I am thinking about contacting a priest to perform an exorcism on my computer before my head starts spinning on it's axis!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Well, obviously your Outlook data is torqued. So it appears that the only way to avoid further problems is to uninstall and re-install Outlook and start over. Do not use your old Outlook data.

By the way...

Do you even back up your Outlook PST files on a periodic basis. If not you should. Then you will not have to go through this type of thing again.
Mokoa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women