Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Still Looking
BANNED

Encounters: 399
Question Sig Lines? What are the DAMN rules on Sig Lines!

Ok, I understand providers use this as a form of expression and advertising. But what the heck are the rules in regard to size? I placed a picture in my sig line and the mods asked me to reduce the size of the picture. I just took it down. I'm seeing sig lines with pictures three times the size I had. So what’s the rule here?
Still Looking is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Here you go:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=12629
Col. Zodiak is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Duke of G
Ambassador

Encounters: 20

It's also in the guidelines: http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Quote:
#23 - Each member's signature line is an extension of their ability to express their personality to others online. We offer a relaxed and flexible set of guidelines for our members and staff to follow regarding maintenance of their signature area. In short, you are allowed 15 lines of text, space, and images. You may include colored text or larger font sizes, and you may include images that do not exceed 60 pixels in height. Limit font size to "5." Images or larger-than-default text will be counted as 3 of your 15 lines allowed, so please consider this when constructing your signature area. Additionally, you may include links and other items of contact info, but avoid mentioning specifics regarding acronyms, services, or rates. We also ask that you refrain from including links to or mention of competing websites.
Duke of G is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
LittleMiss
Account Disabled

User ID: 22398
My ECCIE Reviews

I also got a note about mine when there are others much worse. Changed it by taking a few lines and my picture out. Ended up making the picture my avatar instead and I can tell it made a difference
LittleMiss is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

I like seeing the "others are much worse than mine" comments.

If you see one that's not in compliance, RTM it
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank goodness for small banners, but yeah I am seeing chicks with a whole novel in their signature.

And does this rule apply to just the ladies?
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

No, this applies to all members on ECCIE.

If you see one that is in question, please use the RTM button to report it. It is this icon which is located at the lower left corner of each post.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Guest013121
Account Disabled

User ID: 127696
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Looking View Post
Ok, I understand providers use this as a form of expression and advertising. But what the heck are the rules in regard to size? I placed a picture in my sig line and the mods asked me to reduce the size of the picture. I just took it down. I'm seeing sig lines with pictures three times the size I had. So what’s the rule here?
yea, same here...ive had them on my signature line for months now and, i see now, so have many others...so why are we all getting notified today after so long of it not being a big deal?? oh well, although, im just here to work, participate, read, and have fun!
Guest013121 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Gemma, I am sorry that you feel that you are getting picked on, you are not.

The signature guidelines have been in place for quite awhile now. That you are only now being notified of it only means that it has brought to the attention of staff. As I explained to you via PM, moderators depend on the members here to help us a bit since it is virtually impossible for us to check on EVERY post or showcase to make sure it is within compliance.

Please check this post in the forum guidelines:

Quote:
#22 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illicit drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.
Also, if you will check the Terms of Service:

http://www.eccie.net/misc.php?do=tos

You will find that upon registering on ECCIE, you agreed to all the terms and guidelines on here.

As such, you are asked to report any violations that you feel are against the general guidelines.

Now I do thank you for getting your signature line in compliance in such a timely manner. Many times, staff has had to resort to issuing an infraction with points due to non-cooperation. This was not the case with you. I do wish other members were as understanding as you.

I hope this has answered any questions you may have as to this matter.

The Colonel
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
Still Looking
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
Thank goodness for small banners, but yeah I am seeing chicks with a whole novel in their signature.

And does this rule apply to just the ladies?
I had the following picture in my sig line and was asked to reduce it. I just removed it. I understood the MODS point it can be very distracting. So yes Sky it applies to the guys as well! I thinck they will look the other way if its naked pictures. yah thats the rule!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
Still Looking
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma34 View Post
yea, same here...ive had them on my signature line for months now and, i see now, so have many others...so why are we all getting notified today after so long of it not being a big deal?? oh well, although, im just here to work, participate, read, and have fun!
And your doing a great job! We all need to follow the rules. I know it must be frustrating to see others break the rules yet you are the being called out. I see it all the time. Classic example.... are you allowed to post "Taint" pictures in your ads or show cases? No huh? Well check this out....

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=591940

Let’s see how long before it gets removed! LOL See you ladies probably don't watch the ads like us guys. And we're sure as hell not going to complain LOL. But the MODS are busy and count on members like you and I to help out by reporting issues and helping newbies with the rules.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #12
Col. Zodiak
Account Disabled

Quote:
And your doing a great job! We all need to follow the rules. I know it must be frustrating to see others break the rules yet you are the being called out. I see it all the time. Classic example.... are you allowed to post "Taint" pictures in your ads or show cases? No huh? Well check this out....

Let’s see how long before it gets removed! LOL See you ladies probably don't watch the ads like us guys. And we're sure as hell not going to complain LOL. But the MODS are busy and count on members like you and I to help out by reporting issues and helping newbies with the rules.

It lasted about one minute after my attention was drawn to it. Thanks SL!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #13
Still Looking
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Zodiak View Post
It lasted about one minute after my attention was drawn to it. Thanks SL!

DAMN IT! I mean great job Z. I thinck thats all of them LOL

Old 11-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Zodiak View Post
Gemma, I am sorry that you feel that you are getting picked on, you are not.

The signature guidelines have been in place for quite awhile now. That you are only now being notified of it only means that it has brought to the attention of staff. As I explained to you via PM, moderators depend on the members here to help us a bit since it is virtually impossible for us to check on EVERY post or showcase to make sure it is within compliance.

Please check this post in the forum guidelines:

Also, if you will check the Terms of Service:

http://www.eccie.net/misc.php?do=tos

You will find that upon registering on ECCIE, you agreed to all the terms and guidelines on here.

As such, you are asked to report any violations that you feel are against the general guidelines.

Now I do thank you for getting your signature line in compliance in such a timely manner. Many times, staff has had to resort to issuing an infraction with points due to non-cooperation. This was not the case with you. I do wish other members were as understanding as you.

I hope this has answered any questions you may have as to this matter.

The Colonel
I understand and i have to apologize for my part as i was a lil upset lol...but i understand the need for rules and i should have read the rules more thoroughly. Thank u for being a respectful and nice mod and not getting upset with me as i am a lil bit of a hot-head hehehehe. Ur very welcome in regards to me getting my signature line within standards quickly. In the end, ur right, rules r rules, and we all have to play by them. (but i still think rules stink )
Gemma
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

I hear ya sweety, and thank u for this post as it helps clear things up

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women