Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Smart Phone Tracking: Can it be Shielded?

I understand that simply turning off a phone or closing tracking apps may not work.

Can a phone be shielded from incoming or out going signals?

Can a ophone be wrapped in Aluminum foil or copper screen wire to electronically isolate the phone?
ICU 812 is online now   Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
joeydalt
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

Leave it on and put it in Airplane Mode. Or if you want to be paranoid, turn it off and remove the battery. If you can't remove the battery, your paranoia will remain.
joeydalt is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:34 PM   #3
0x5f3759df
Registered Member

Encounters: 2

There are a scant handful of ways to protect yourself from phones. Here's some general best practice from someone who very much knows their shit.

-Pull the fucking battery out when you don't want to be tracked. If your battery is built in, get a new phone.
-If you can't pull the battery out and don't want to buy a new one, wrap the entire thing in aluminum foil, then slip it into a Mylar pouch. The things hard drives come packed in. Ask your local geek for one if you're not the type to buy computer parts. Seriously I see places selling them for a couple bucks each and I've got like 30 lying around in my study alone.
-If you absolutely need to use your phone, turn off bluetooth and GPS. I'm assuming you need mobile data for whatever you're doing. Bluetooth is easily leaked and a great way to track people from an opfor perspective. GPS is even easier.
---If you hit this point, your phone should be a burner only. Do NOT use a personal phone at this point.
-Your leakage vectors come in two flavors - apps and phone provider. The latter is only relevant when your phone provider has been subpoena'd as far as I know. Apps are the bigger risk to both TLAs and malicious parties. Force stop what you don't need, or better yet just don't install it. Again, use a burner. Deny app permissions whenever possible. Does snapchat REALLY need to know your location? Does facebook? Just deny it.
0x5f3759df is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Turning off GPS is not a solution.
Telcos can track phones from the towers and triangulate. They've been doing that for decades in "emergencies".
Pull the battery is only solution.
A Faraday cage (wrap cell in whatever, usually tinfoil) usually leaks a bit, Forget tinfoil, buy two Faraday bags.

As for Telco tracking, yes subpoenas. But also exigent circumstances, where all leo are allowed to declare an emergency for quite quick assistance from telcos. Every telco and ISP are required by the Feds to have posted procedures to follow that require Senior level LEO (not the beat cop or detective) to sign off. Think Grandma with Alzheimer that wanders off, but always has her cell.

Anyway, almost pointless in today's age as once a phone is back on, you're back on the grid. Does anyone with an SO actually want to explain why they are completely off grid? Instead of "left it at the bar, gym, shopping place, in the car (but not in the car)" (wherever the phone was for 59 minutes). Although the dead battery does work, how often can you use that?
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

I will 2nd the burner phone. I have it set up on my burner phone so that I can forward texts messages and phone calls. Then when I go to hobby I leave my phone at the office.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #6
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Of course a burner phone.
Or google voice.
But still, both must be secured so an SO can't discover.
In my neck of the woods, three times in last several weeks gals have mentioned that other clients have had tele#s compromised by SOs.
Ok guys, does anyone think one of our pro gals wants to partake in your personal drama?
Keep your phones secure.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Anyway, almost pointless in today's age as once a phone is back on, you're back on the grid. Does anyone with an SO actually want to explain why they are completely off grid? Instead of "left it at the bar, gym, shopping place, in the car (but not in the car)" (wherever the phone was for 59 minutes). Although the dead battery does work, how often can you use that?
Two?

Also, the SO may have another way to track you such as OnStar. Or the automated toll tag.

My wife actually put the same type of tracking device they used on "Breaking Bad" in my car.

One kinda solution other than a burner phone is to have a work or business phone that she doesn't have access to. Again, kinda and there are issues with that.

Quote:
Or google voice.
But still, both must be secured so an SO can't discover.
In my neck of the woods, three times in last several weeks gals have mentioned that other clients have had tele#s compromised by SOs.
Ok guys, does anyone think one of our pro gals wants to partake in your personal drama?
Keep your phones secure.
It's just not the car or the phone. It's credit cards and the bank.

Have a prenup. Put as much as you can in trusts and other untouchable legal instruments. Never co mingle. No joint accounts. Change the combination to the gun safe often.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #8
cowboysLIV
BANNED

Encounters: 33

read all of these possibilities gave me a migrant. Glad I'm single. But, I'll keep these in mind for the future. Thanks fellow hobbyist. Peace out!
cowboysLIV is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:27 PM   #9
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

Quote:
Or google voice.
Is linking a burner phone to GV ok?
GV works great but isn't GV linked to all your Google accounts, gmail etc?

Have noticed GV has not been running smoothly lately, seems to freeze up/crash a lot.
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:03 PM   #10
ronrocket
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zollner View Post
Is linking a burner phone to GV ok?
GV works great but isn't GV linked to all your Google accounts, gmail etc?

Have noticed GV has not been running smoothly lately, seems to freeze up/crash a lot.
To use GV, create a new Gmail account and get a number with that. Use that number with Whatsapp. Create a second account (Gmail or Yahoo) and make each the recovery account for the other, so neither is tied to your RW accounts. Also, use a VPN.
ronrocket is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #11
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

Thanks ron!
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 04:03 PM   #12
Fizley
Valued Poster

I usually hobby during the day. When I do I leave my personal phone at the office. As someone said above, they can find youjust by triangulation. With your hobby phone and your personal phone traveling at the same route, at the same speed, making the same turns, they would know who you are.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #13
Anonymous01
Valued Poster

Default Used by DoD, Homeland Security, etc., etc.

https://silent-pocket.com/
Anonymous01 is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #14
nickjordy
Valued Poster

hello sir im new here
nickjordy is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:23 PM   #15
Fizley
Valued Poster

Carpenter is correct. Triangulation is real and of you have a hobby phone and a regular phone constantly next to each other hitting the towers, it's easy to figure it out who you are.

A Simple GPS tracker is cheap and can easily be slipped into the crevice of your car by a suspicious spouse.

The police cameras,yes the ones on the telephone poles with the blue fashing light, records your license plate every time you pass.

Someone mentioned OnStar. One phone call to the company with the vehicles information can provide a suspicious spouse all the information of your whereabouts.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women