Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47512
pyramider46370
bambino40309
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66
Default Immigration Help

Money can do wonders with politicians. What politician could pull enough strings to award citezenship to an illegal immigrant that is a friend of mine? Can this be done or am I dreaming? Please educate me on this if it is possible.

I have probably just watched the Godfather too much and think this can be done.

Thanks in advance.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
blowpop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

I'm sure it's possible. But if the "friend" happens to be a provider, best of luck with that - I have a feeling a background check is part of the process.
blowpop is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Not quite sure about the "political" angle. Before one can get citizenship, they have to get permanent residency (Green Card). I have heard (without any proof) that there is a possible pathway by marrying a citizen...but only in some states.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
spookyufo
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Was this person brought here before the age of 16 and attended school and now younger than 30?
spookyufo is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
Daddio
Valued Poster

Thanks for the info guys. Pleaes keep it coming.

Thanks Spooky, unfortunately She came after she was 16, not in school, and is under 30. I am familar with the latest Obama vote grab offer. I wish he would have just extend it to all femaile, hot, latina, immigrants!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
esiwbor2
Registered Member

If she entered with a visa and has overstayed her visa there is no path to a greencard
esiwbor2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Pleaes keep it coming.

Thanks Spooky, unfortunately She came after she was 16, not in school, and is under 30. I am familar with the latest Obama vote grab offer. I wish he would have just extend it to all femaile, hot, latina, immigrants!!!
10yrs, no criminal background and USC child? Might be able to stay. But moved here for better assistance.
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
What is the "vote grab offer?" I have a very serious situation...have had it for couple of years now...and, I'm at my wits end!!!!!

I'm a victim to a new law which Congress enacted in 2006...called The Real ID Act. This new law mandates that every State has to be compliant by 2014. State of Texas became compliant in 2008.

My dillemma is...I had my ID and SS card stolen. I can't get my ID renewed because I can't show PROOF of CITIZENSHIP. My situation is...I was born in another country and adopted by Americans...I'm a *Naturalized Citizen.* I'm estranged from my adopted family, so they can't help me...I've never had a US birth certificate...so, I Iiterally have NO form of ID.

DPS only accepts certain documents as proof of citizenship and I have none on that list. This is the most frustrasting situation I've ever seen! I'm in a catch-22 dillemma and don't know how I can establish proof of my citizenship.

If ANYONE can help with some information...or knows someone I can contact...PLEASE PM me...I would be so very grateful! Thank you!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
Money can do wonders with politicians. What politician could pull enough strings to award citezenship to an illegal immigrant that is a friend of mine? Can this be done or am I dreaming? Please educate me on this if it is possible.

I have probably just watched the Godfather too much and think this can be done.

Thanks in advance.
Sure it can be done. But it would'nt be legal. You wouldn't want a public official to commit a crime now would you?
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
sky_wire
Valued Poster

She needs an immigration attorney. This isnt something that off the cuff remarks will do any good.
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #11
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likinikki View Post
What is the "vote grab offer?" I have a very serious situation...have had it for couple of years now...and, I'm at my wits end!!!!!

I'm a victim to a new law which Congress enacted in 2006...called The Real ID Act. This new law mandates that every State has to be compliant by 2014. State of Texas became compliant in 2008.

My dillemma is...I had my ID and SS card stolen. I can't get my ID renewed because I can't show PROOF of CITIZENSHIP. My situation is...I was born in another country and adopted by Americans...I'm a *Naturalized Citizen.* I'm estranged from my adopted family, so they can't help me...I've never had a US birth certificate...so, I Iiterally have NO form of ID.

DPS only accepts certain documents as proof of citizenship and I have none on that list. This is the most frustrasting situation I've ever seen! I'm in a catch-22 dillemma and don't know how I can establish proof of my citizenship.

If ANYONE can help with some information...or knows someone I can contact...PLEASE PM me...I would be so very grateful! Thank you!
Liki,

The vote grab offer was Obama's misuse of presidential powers to atempt to appease Hispanic voters by allowing children who were brought to this country illegally, typically by their parents, who attended school, have kept their noses clean, and perhaps even served in the military, to get a 2 year 'pardon' with a 'card' that allows them to work in this country. While the plan may be a good idea ( I have a young lady friend and her brother who may be able to benefit from this plan), it was timed specifically to get the support of Hispanic voters. Obama wrote it up in a manner that for someone to object ot it would make them look bad, but it does not really address and solve the issue of the illegal immigrants in this country.

In your case, can you get a copy of the adoption papers? Do you know what court/county/state this took place in? Probably will take an attorney to get the docs you need from a court, but it sounds like a worthwhile investment in your case.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Daddio
Valued Poster

Thanks again for all the responses.

mojojo213, please provide more info if you can on how she may be able to stay or get a "card". Thank you.

tigercat, thank you as well for the explanation of the new "Vote Grab Offer". I wish my amiga would qualify, but she has not. I also wish Obama would have the balls to just open it up to any illegal immigrant with no criminal record to qualify. I really wish my friend could become a legal citizen, and I really wish I knew how to assist her further. I have talked to a wonderful immigration attorney but it seems as marriage is her only option at this point.

Let me know if you have another immigration attorney or any other avenue to assist this wonderful lady.

LikkiNiki, I think tigercat has hit the nail on the head. There has got to be some type of paper trail about your adoption. I agree, follow his advice.

Thanks again everyone. .
Old 09-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks to everyone with all the info and help...it is very much appreciated! Have a great week!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Daddio Immigration law is a bit complex but I'll try to explain the benefit I was speaking of.

If your friend is in removal proceedings and:

1. Has Resided in the US for a period of 10yrs or more
2. Is a person of good moral character
3. Is not criminally barred (felony, agg felony)
4. Can prove that their removal would cause extreme hardship to their USC chid, parent, or spouse.

Then that person may be eligible for Cancelation of Removal 42B. An alternative relief that person might be able to file for is Asylum Witholding but that's an even more difficult one to win.

Asylum withholding allows a person who has no legal status to stay in the US based of on fear of persecution from their native country, in other words they will not be removed to the persecuting country. This relief opens the door for work authorization.

Third relief is Voluntary Departure. If she has no criminal offenses or prior entries and the means for her own travel back then she can file for this. With this one she doesn't get to stay BUT as soon as she gets back to native country of citizenship she can begin applying for status.

Remember though she has to be in immigration proceedings...If she's been detained chances are they have given her the option whether she wants to go before an immigration judge or get put on the plane back.
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
uthorn
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 18

Liki, the ins, now called uscis has a great database of all naturalized citizens, just fill out http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-565.pdf and they'll get you a new naturalization cert.

I'm sure you can even walk to one of their offices and ask them to pull up your record based on name and dob if you don't have all info requested in the form.

Have a great week.
uthorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women