Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2020, 01:29 AM   #1
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default corona virus - We've been had, and Trump knows it

We've been had, and Trump knows it

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog..._knows_it.html

Health professionals overwhelmed Trump and his inner circle with doomsday scenarios, bullied by panic-obsessed virologists and epidemiologists — begging for attention and copying the alarmist playbook from the climate/global warming extremists, allied with the MSM Trump-haters.

And now the government has completely suffocated economic demand, creating a depression, an unnecessary calamity that is destroying lives, livelihoods, families, and fortunes for a generation. It is becoming apparent that the end-of-the-world predictions, computer models warning of an apocalyptic black plague worldwide, are all wrong.

Those paying attention were warned that the worse-case scenarios were hysterical, by the likes of Stanford epidemiologist John P.A. Ioannidis.

Re: Dr. Birx from The Hill:
Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predicted 500,000 people would die from the virus and has since Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predbeen revised down to predict 20,000 deaths in the U.K. She said the data the government has collected does not show that 20 percent of the U.S. population would be infected with COVID-19, cautioning against predictions that say so.
"When people start talking about 20 percent of a population getting infected, it is very scary but we don't have data that matches that based on the experience," Birx said.

"There's no ... reality on the ground where we can see that 60 to 70 percent of Americans are going to get infected in the next eight to 12 weeks," Birx later continued.

so... this felt like this was ginned up for hysterics by the health experts and to spook Trump into shutting the country down. looks like they succeeded.

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I don’t think this is quite right. I think it goes to Trump banning travel from China, and some powers that be in the state department not quarantining them on U.S. shores. I think the experts thought a fever was a good screening tool, but it wasn’t. I think some of the Democrat leaders like Schumer and Pelosi wanted it to spread in the US realizing they were going to lose to Trump.

The problem is that the virus spreads way quicker with a guesstimate of 50% having no symptoms. 80% of those that get it will think it is a mild cold. The issue gets to be 5% to 10% will get it bad enough they need hospital care. The numbers can escalate quickly and overwhelm the system. So even if 98% of people recover, it is a huge stress on the system
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
HoeHummer
BANNED

HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post

Health professionals overwhelmed Trump and his inner circle with doomsday scenarios, bullied by panic-obsessed virologists and epidemiologists — begging for attention and copying the alarmist playbook from the climate/global warming extremists, allied with the MSM Trump-haters.

And now the government has completely suffocated economic demand, creating a depression, an unnecessary calamity that is destroying lives, livelihoods, families, and fortunes for a generation. It is becoming apparent that the end-of-the-world predictions, computer models warning of an apocalyptic black plague worldwide, are all wrong.

Those paying attention were warned that the worse-case scenarios were hysterical, by the likes of Stanford epidemiologist John P.A. Ioannidis.

Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predicted 500,000 people would die from the virus and has since Birx, speaking at a White House press briefing, singled out a recent study on the United Kingdom that originally predbeen revised down to predict 20,000 deaths in the U.K. She said the data the government has collected does not show that 20 percent of the U.S. population would be infected with COVID-19, cautioning against predictions that say so.
"When people start talking about 20 percent of a population getting infected, it is very scary but we don't have data that matches that based on the experience," Birx said.

"There's no ... reality on the ground where we can see that 60 to 70 percent of Americans are going to get infected in the next eight to 12 weeks," Birx later continued.

so... this felt like this was ginned up for hysterics by the health experts and to spook Trump into shutting the country down. looks like they succeeded.

Not surprising at all. I never thought from the start the stats on cases and deaths were accurate.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #5
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Downstream thinking perhaps?

Quote:
We've been had, and Trump knows it...
Not disagreeing with the basic premise and I realize it is the topic of this thread, but uhhmm..what really bakes my noodle is what was your basic choice that brought you to that path? Please bear with the next gratuitous Matrix quote as well:

Morpheous: You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

What I mean is simply this: The virus is not a naturally occurring thing. It was created. By whom and to what end? Which leads to another hard choice. Either it escaped into the wild accidentally or....

Anyway, that's where I think 'we've been had' in regards to this adventure.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Not disagreeing with the basic premise and I realize it is the topic of this thread, but uhhmm..what really bakes my noodle is what was your basic choice that brought you to that path? Please bear with the next gratuitous Matrix quote as well:

Morpheous: You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

What I mean is simply this: The virus is not a naturally occurring thing. It was created. By whom and to what end? Which leads to another hard choice. Either it escaped into the wild accidentally or....

Anyway, that's where I think 'we've been had' in regards to this adventure.
The virus being Genetically Engineered is definitely a possibility, one I haven't dismissed completely.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #7
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
The virus being Genetically Engineered is definitely a possibility, one I haven't dismissed completely.

a number of experts have discounted that possibility.

if it was man made, they would have noticed it. so.. i dunno..
Old 04-01-2020, 11:22 AM   #8
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Sweater knitting from loose threads?

Quote:
So what do you do with all these loose threads?
  • The virus does not appear to be a naturally occurring thing
  • Chinese Doctor busted for smuggling in viruses? from China to US
  • Chinese Professor busted for smuggling viruses? out of US to China
  • Only Level 4 bio lab in China is in Wuhan
  • How well did China really take to negotiating (caving in) with Trump on tariffs
  • Are all the Politburo factions in China really singing Kumbiya together
  • Estimated current state of the real economy in China
  • Would China really bat an eye to 100,000 or 1M+ deaths
  • Disappearing Doctors in China that had sounded warning bells
Only thing I can think to do with that many loose threats is to knit the world's ugliest Christmas sweater ever known.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #9
BlisswithKriss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:

Doing a Fact check on this Americanthinker mob highlights the escalation of FAKE NEWS and rabid conspiracy theories..
I quote....Overall, we rate AmericanThinker, questionable based on extreme REICH Wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, and use of poor sources. With several failed fact checks.

Nice try Trump sheep member but no cigar....stop believing this lying propaganda and gobbledegook.
No wonder you display an abundance of everyday stupidity
You could be twice as smart and still end up Dumb.
BlisswithKriss is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #10
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisswithKriss View Post
I quote....Overall, we rate AmericanThinker, questionable based on extreme REICH Wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, and use of poor sources. With several failed fact checks.
Funny you never ever provide a link to what you are "supposedly" quoting.

Is it because the source doesn't really exist or that you know if you provide your source it will be shown to be some fanatic left wing source?
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:37 PM   #11
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Funny you never ever provide a link to what you are "supposedly" quoting.

Is it because the source doesn't really exist or that you know if you provide your source it will be shown to be some fanatic left wing source?
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/american-thinker
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-top-co...bsites-3303614
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
eccielover
Valued Poster

See BWK, that's not so hard is it. Now step up and provide your sources.

Mediabias rips them with I think the quote you sourced.

Allsides give them a medium confidence level.

Thougthco calls their content as coming from "impressive grassroots Americans"
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #13
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post

The problem is that the virus spreads way quicker with a guesstimate of 50% having no symptoms. 80% of those that get it will think it is a mild cold. The issue gets to be 5% to 10% will get it bad enough they need hospital care. The numbers can escalate quickly and overwhelm the system. So even if 98% of people recover, it is a huge stress on the system
No offense FS60 but do you really know that? At my local Krogers I've seen the clerks and stockers there for weeks, working face to face with customers and haven't heard of anyone dying or being sick with COVID. Is it possible? Yes. But I don't hear anyone talk about a possible crisis with grocery store worker who are in contact with a thousand folks everyday. Where's the concern for their stress?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:08 PM   #14
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:

Anything is possible but typically this type of Virus is classified as a Zoonosis, coming from an animal species. It appears a common species of Bat may be the responsible carrier or primary host then mutated to an amplifier host which has been supposedly traced to an animal native to Asia called a Pangolin, a mammal that resembles an Anteater except it has large plates or scales. Pangolins are common to the "Wet Markets" of China where the Virus found it's way to humans causing the Covid19 Virus. So If this Virus wasn't genetically Engineered or originated in nature from animals then I give up it must have came from Outer Space, lol.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Anything is possible but typically this type of Virus is classified as a Zoonosis, coming from an animal species. It appears a common species of Bat may be the responsible carrier or primary host then mutated to an amplifier host which has been supposedly traced to an animal native to Asia called a Pangolin, a mammal that resembles an Anteater except it has large plates or scales. Pangolins are common to the "Wet Markets" of China where the Virus found it's way to humans causing the Covid19 Virus. So If this Virus wasn't genetically Engineered or originated in nature from animals then I give up it must have came from Outer Space, lol.

i find it interesting that they don't know what species it came from bat or pangolin. just that it came from those 2.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women