Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 03-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #1
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305
Default Dream Interpretaions, how much of it is real?

I for one have always had vivid, colorful, and very strange dreams through out my life. I keep a dream diary, and every once in awhile I will look back through it and read past dreams with amazement at how close and spot on some of this stuff is with relation to what might have actually been going on in my life.

I always wondered how much of this "dream interpretation" analysis was real or just fad. I kind of put it up there with astrology, and birth signs. But it does make one wonder.

Case in point, I just recently had the strangest dream. Without giving too much detail, I have ventured into a new part of my life, kind of a new beginning with an investment into a new business. A part of me has had a very checkered past, and interesting one at that where I could write a book and probably make profits on the sales on how my life has spun over the years. This particular dream was of me and several expectant mothers all in a labor and delivery room. The doctors and nurses were busy about helping with delivering babies. After much pain and agony during labor I gave birth to a small cute pig! In my dream I told the nurses I was going to name him Peku..!

So.. as weird as that dream was, I went to look up the interpretation and here is what it said:

Pig
To see a pig in your dream, symbolizes dirtiness, greediness, stubbornness or selfishness. Alternatively, the pig may represent gluttony, opulence and overindulgence. Perhaps it refers to someone who is dirty or someone who is chauvinistic.
If you like pigs and think that pigs are cute, then your dream about a fat dirty pig represents your misconceptions about certain things. What you believe and what is reality may be two different things. This pig may be analogous to a relationship or a man in your life. You think that the pig will be a certain way, but in actuality reality is not at all what you had imagined.

Birth or Giving Birth
To dream of giving birth or see someone else giving birth, suggests that you are giving birth to a new idea or project. It also represents a new attitude, fresh beginnings or a major event. Alternatively, the dream may be calling attention to your inner child and the potential for you to grow. A more direct interpretation of this dream, may represent your desires/ anxieties of giving birth or the anticipation for such an event to occur.

To dream that you are giving birth to a non-human creature, signifies your overwhelming (and unfounded) fear in the health of your baby. You are overly concerned that your baby may have birth defects. This type of dream is common in expectant mothers in their second trimester. If you are not expecting, then it refers to your fear in the outcome of some decision or project. You are trying to overcome difficulties in your life and achieve inner development. In particular, if you dream that you are giving birth to a monster, then it implies that your inner creative energy has yet to blossom and grow into expression. You may have some hesitation in releasing this "monster" for fear that others will judge you or that they will not accept your ideals.
To dream that the mother dies during birth, represents transformation. The dream represents the ending of one thing (death) and the new beginning of another thing (birth). You may be making life changes or getting rid of your old habits and ways.

So after reading that, I thought wow, that is almost spot on with what is in some ways going on in my life!

Anyway, thought I would see what others have dreamed about, and if you believe there is actually something to this?

Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Hi Bebe
I do believe that standardized dream interpretations are not the best thing, i don`t believe in them. What i do when i work with dreams and interprete them is within a group and with the "If this were my dream...." method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamwork

"Dreamworking differs from classical dream interpretation in that the aim of dreamwork is to explore the various images and emotions that a dream presents and evokes, while not attempting to come up with a single, unique dream meaning. In this way the dream remains "alive" whereas if it has been assigned a specific meaning, it is "finished" (i.e., over and done with). Dreamworkers take the position that a dream may have a variety of meanings, depending on the levels (e.g. subjective, objective) that are being explored.

A tenet of dreamwork is that each person has his or her own dream "language". Any given place, person, object or symbol can differ in its meaning from dreamer to dreamer and also from time to time in the dreamer's ongoing life situation. Thus someone helping a dreamer get closer to her or his dream through dreamwork adopts an attitude of "not knowing" as far as possible.

When doing dreamwork it is best to wait until all the questions have been asked—and the answers carefully listened to—before the dreamworker (or dreamworkers if it is done in a group setting) offers any suggestions about what the dream might mean. In fact, it is best if a dreamworker prefaces any interpretation by saying, "if this were my dream, it might mean..." (a technique first developed by Montague Ullman MD, Prof. Stanley Krippner, and Dr. Jeremy Taylor and now widely practiced). In this way, dreamers are not obliged to agree with what is said and may use their own judgment in deciding which comments appear valid or provide insight. If the dreamwork is done in a group, there may well be several things that are said by participants that seem valid to the dreamer but it can also happen that nothing does. Appreciation of the validity or insightfulness of a comment from a dreamwork session can come later, sometimes days after the end of the session."

The symbolism is not fixed. it varies. Would you like to share your dream in full length? If you want we can try a round of interpretation?
You say your dream, then i (and other members of this group) ask questions relating to the dream. then everyone says what the dream would mean for himself and then you can take valuable information with it?
Hugs Nina
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
Hi Bebe
I do believe that standardized dream interpretations are not the best thing, i don`t believe in them. What i do when i work with dreams and interprete them is within a group and with the "If this were my dream...." method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamwork

"Dreamworking differs from classical dream interpretation in that the aim of dreamwork is to explore the various images and emotions that a dream presents and evokes, while not attempting to come up with a single, unique dream meaning. In this way the dream remains "alive" whereas if it has been assigned a specific meaning, it is "finished" (i.e., over and done with). Dreamworkers take the position that a dream may have a variety of meanings, depending on the levels (e.g. subjective, objective) that are being explored.

A tenet of dreamwork is that each person has his or her own dream "language". Any given place, person, object or symbol can differ in its meaning from dreamer to dreamer and also from time to time in the dreamer's ongoing life situation. Thus someone helping a dreamer get closer to her or his dream through dreamwork adopts an attitude of "not knowing" as far as possible.

When doing dreamwork it is best to wait until all the questions have been asked—and the answers carefully listened to—before the dreamworker (or dreamworkers if it is done in a group setting) offers any suggestions about what the dream might mean. In fact, it is best if a dreamworker prefaces any interpretation by saying, "if this were my dream, it might mean..." (a technique first developed by Montague Ullman MD, Prof. Stanley Krippner, and Dr. Jeremy Taylor and now widely practiced). In this way, dreamers are not obliged to agree with what is said and may use their own judgment in deciding which comments appear valid or provide insight. If the dreamwork is done in a group, there may well be several things that are said by participants that seem valid to the dreamer but it can also happen that nothing does. Appreciation of the validity or insightfulness of a comment from a dreamwork session can come later, sometimes days after the end of the session."

The symbolism is not fixed. it varies. Would you like to share your dream in full length? If you want we can try a round of interpretation?
You say your dream, then i (and other members of this group) ask questions relating to the dream. then everyone says what the dream would mean for himself and then you can take valuable information with it?
Hugs Nina
Nina, that is really fascinating. Yes, if I have time would love to do something like that. I just think it works wonders to try and analyze the dream and focus on the feelings behind it. In all honesty that quirky "birthing pig" dream had me giggling when I woke up!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
guest042111
Account disabled

User ID: 58269
My ECCIE Reviews

I love to interpret dreams. Has helped me figure out things about myself.
guest042111 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Great, maybe we can use this thread - if Bebe is ok with it - for dream interpretation? Bebe, would you want to start? I am curious about the pig dream, sounds interesting , i want to hear all about it.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Where does wool come in?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #7
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Japanese artist Kazuki Takamatsu
“Strange Dream”
http://unusuals-things.blogspot.com/...strations.html

There is a provider out of LA that knows a lot about these kind of things.
I'll do a search and see if she's still out and about.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

I know seeing a fish means you're pregnant .
Naomi4u is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Let's all get into it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjegSDxnVX0
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
Great, maybe we can use this thread - if Bebe is ok with it - for dream interpretation? Bebe, would you want to start? I am curious about the pig dream, sounds interesting , i want to hear all about it.

Well I can tell you in my dream I was in a tremendous amount of pain while birthing this pig, and felt very anxious and somewhat annoyed with the doctor. When the pig was born, it was incredibly small, and dark brown in color, and a nurse in my dream was handling the baby pig somewhat rough, and I lashed out at her in my dream.

Hmmmm... any thoughts on this. Again, I did wake up amused and chuckling somewhat at the dream.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
Marshall
BANNED

talk about makin' bacon.........LOL
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
talk about makin' bacon.........LOL
buhahahah.. now that was a good one!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Has anyone ever noticed certain things you eat in the evening will cause you to dream?....Before I was vegan, if I ever ate anything with cheese on it before bed I would have the weirdest dreams....

I have a book called the dictionary of dreams, it's interesting to read..
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #14
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
Has anyone ever noticed certain things you eat in the evening will cause you to dream?....Before I was vegan, if I ever ate anything with cheese on it before bed I would have the weirdest dreams....

I have a book called the dictionary of dreams, it's interesting to read..
Medications will do that to me. I was put on Ambien CR for a week, and not only did I have weird dreams, I seem to have memory recall problems!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Well I can tell you in my dream I was in a tremendous amount of pain while birthing this pig, and felt very anxious and somewhat annoyed with the doctor. When the pig was born, it was incredibly small, and dark brown in color, and a nurse in my dream was handling the baby pig somewhat rough, and I lashed out at her in my dream.

Hmmmm... any thoughts on this. Again, I did wake up amused and chuckling somewhat at the dream.

Hi Bebe,
Thanks for telling me the dream (or us).
Was the dream in colour or black and white?
Were you as a person in the dream seing as if it was real or did you see yourself from above?
Where and how did you feel the pain (stupid question i know..)
Who was the doctor? I assume he was male? How old was he? was he reminding you of someone? Describe the feelings towards this doctor more elaborate?
Would you see the doctor as someone outside yourself or as a personality aspect of yourself?
Did the bad connection with the doctor influence your birth experience?
How did you feel when you first reallized you gave birth to a pig to something not of your own species?
You said the pig was incredibly small. How does the tremendous amount of pain relate to the relatively small pig?
did you like it? Did you feel love or care for this pig, i assume so at some point when you lashed out at the nurse who did not care for it.
How did the nurse look? Did she resemble someone? Was she a part of your own personality or someone external?
When did the nurse enter the birth process? Was she always there? Did the doctor and the nurse interact?
How did you feel after the birth process?

Thanks, Nina

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women