Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70422
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35401
Mojojo33117

Old 01-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
tmo_2010
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46
Default Decent auto mechanic.

Hello KC gents,
I wanted to get few car mechanical work done
- Transmission Serive
- Coolant flush
- Brake flush
All these mentioned above are major services, dealership is charing me fortune to get that done.
Anyone know of good car mechanic who can take care of services without charing like dealership does?

Please let me know.
tmo_2010 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:27 PM   #2
KCAsianDude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

What part of town are you in ? H&L Auto on St John is a friend of mine. Straight up guy and won't over charge you.
KCAsianDude is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
tmo_2010
Valued Poster

Thanks. Does he do good on repair / services i listed above?
Old 01-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #4
KCAsianDude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

Yup
KCAsianDude is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:15 PM   #5
Knight69Fun
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Osipik Automotive in Merriam does all that and more, and is honest about what repairs need doing.
Knight69Fun is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 04:17 AM   #6
mojoworkin
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

SK Mechanic in Olathe. I had a dealership tell me I needed a new heater fan motor. $400+. I took it to SK, they said it was a loose wire, and fixed it, no charge.

https://skmechanic.com/reviews
mojoworkin is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #7
nostrings12
Valued Poster

Encounters: 52

Williams automotive Lenexa
Lynden in Merriam both are very good and reasonable
nostrings12 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:20 AM   #8
tmo_2010
Valued Poster

Thanks you guys taking time making suggestions.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:18 AM   #9
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2

Donovans in Shawnee, family owned for over 80 years.
Lenexa Automotive in old town.

Does your brake pedal fade? I've never heard of a "brake flush" being routine maintenance?
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:57 PM   #10
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

mw,
Brake flush same time as trans fluid change. Quite infrequent though.
Looks like op is at one of the only do all these things a few times during life of vehicle schedule.
One of my guys scraped up a car last night that t-boned another. Driver was bawling that her brakes wouldn't... that 5 yr old car had a mostly empty brake reservoir.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 03:45 PM   #11
tmo_2010
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by malwoody View Post
Donovans in Shawnee, family owned for over 80 years.
Lenexa Automotive in old town.

Does your brake pedal fade? I've never heard of a "brake flush" being routine maintenance?
I am at 200k miles.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM   #12
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post

mw,
Brake flush same time as trans fluid change. Quite infrequent though.
that 5 yr old car had a mostly empty brake reservoir.
Not even close. Her reservoir was low because there was a leak somewhere. If an hydraulic part is losing fluid it needs to be repaired/replaced and then bleed the air out of the brake line and that is the only time you need to bleed the brakes. I've never heard of a flush and it certainly is not routine maintenance but sounds more like a scam. I know you're the resident expert on gals and hotels but I've done many many brake jobs and have never even heard the term flush used.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #13
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

As someone who has done auto repair professionally, things have changed a lot in the maintenance world for vehicles.
A transmission service is important. I recommend every 30k as the fluid breaks down from heat. They can tolerate more heat with synthetic fluids, but newer vehicles push higher Temps. I never recommend a flush. As the transmission wears, clutch material is suspended in the fluid. A worn transmission or one with higher mileage will almost certainly fail with a flush as all that material is suspended in the fluid. All new slippery clean fluid will cause excess heat on the worn clutches and result in failure. I have seen it many times. Smaller engines in bigger vehicles are more susceptible to premature failure as the engine spins more rpm to build power which cooks the fluid. I just replaced a transmission in a 2015 Ford edge. 2.0 EcoBoost, 85k. Fluid was burnt and clutches gone.
A brake flush is a necessity in modern vehicles. Brake fluid is a hygroscopic fluid. It absorbs water. Over time, this can damage brake system components from the I side out. With the integration of ABS,Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Systems with integration to engine management, a brake flush is highly recommend to ensure the life of the valves in the system. It is not a standard interval. Brake fluid is clear, when it starts to darken, it should be changed.
A cooling system service is recommended every 3 to 5 years. The coolant breaks down and becomes acidic. This can damage plastic components in the system, which there are a lot. It will also get dirty and over time this dirt will plug small passages in the radiator and heater core(s).
The brake system is a sealed system. If fluid in a reservoir was empty, either the pads/shoes were consumed or a fluid leak.
I service all my fluids annually personally, but since I still moonlight doing it and have a lift, it is simple for me.
kccountryboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:42 AM   #14
JohnnyGleet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

As opposed to an indecent mechanic?
JohnnyGleet is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #15
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccountryboy View Post

A brake flush is a necessity in modern vehicles. Brake fluid is a hygroscopic fluid. It absorbs water. Over time, this can damage brake system components from the I side out. With the integration of ABS,Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Systems with integration to engine management, a brake flush is highly recommend to ensure the life of the valves in the system. It is not a standard interval. Brake fluid is clear, when it starts to darken, it should be changed.
Ok, you obviously are well versed and I won't dispute what you say. It's been a couple of decades since I twisted wrenches for a living and I certainly agree with your thoughts on the other systems. I pay a shop for maintenance now but I own several late model vehicles that I've had brake work done to and I'v not had to replace any hydraulics, just pads and rotors. I usually replace the rotors because they are not that expensive as opposed to resurfacing. Your point on fluid is well taken but I guess I'm a dinosaur who's not convinced it's necessary.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women