Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
shayla84
Account Disabled

User ID: 159448
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Is there any mechanics or anyone that knows about cars please

So I have a 2009 or 2010 Chevy Impala can't remember which got here fine was out in the car all the sudden my car starts shaking and it says engine power reduced. Somebody who sort of knows about cars with dealing with stuff out there he turned it back on and it wasn't doing it but that can't possibly be the only thing he says maybe it needs new spark plugs can anybody please tell me what this could be or could help me out and look at my car I don't want to be stuck here as much as I love you all
shayla84 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
shayla84
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

When it was shaking and same power reduced I tried to drive around the the parking lot and I cannot get any speed and the RPM part would not go up at all
Old 01-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #3
WMJ4657
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Without seeing the car i would guess a couple of things. Fuel sensor is bad or fuel injector could be plugged. Just guessing not seeing the car.
WMJ4657 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Spark plugs could be a valid item but that depends on how old they are. However, odds are its something other than plugs cause it stopped.
WJM's thoughts have perhaps better odds of being right.
What you describe is common if you picked up a bad load of gas on your road trip. Which could clog up the fuel lines, pump, or injection. And, with the cold weather last few days, the odds are even better. And that includes the issue stopping, if the car has finished eating non quality gas.

Buy your car a full load of premium gas at a name brand gas place (which includes Quick Trip) and also get a small bottle of fuel injection cleaner and dump that in the gas tank.

Other than that, someone's going to have to get under the hood of you car.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
shayla84
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Well if somebody knows how to work on cars I'd been more than willing if you can get my car running right to donate as a couple or few hours of my time before I leave
Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
satan666
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

to add to what u.c said may not hurt to put a bottle of heet in your fuel also. but it most likely cut power as they do that to protect the engine itself from catastrophic failure. it could be the cam positioning sensor or the knock sensor are failing. newer vehicles require much more maintenance than 80's early 90's vehicles. do you have a service engine light on if so you may want to stop at a oreillys or advanced auto and have them read your codes with a code reader its free of charge and report back what they find in the trouble code bank.
satan666 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #7
Wyopoke
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Agree with the above although I bet you are fuel injected so no plugs. I'm going with a sensor (O2) or diode or possibly even the fuel pump which is probably in your tank.

Unfortunately the days of someone who isn't a certified mechanic without all the diagnostic equipment being able to help a damsel in distress with something like this are well behind us.

Try this: clickmechanic.com I looked them up and they come to you.

Good luck!
Wyopoke is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #8
satan666
Valued Poster

even fuel injected vehicles have spark plugs how do you think the fuel gets ignited in the combustion chamber.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #9
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

^^^^
Heh.

And yes putting a diagnostic reader on it would be more informative than our speculation.

But, unless something simple, like a bad load of gas, a current autoshop tech may be needed and that, he, might be rare on this board.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #10
satan666
Valued Poster

uc the comment above my last wyopoke said he bets it is fi so no plugs. I took that comment as stating the vehicle would have no spark plugs!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #11
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Yes there's spark pkugs, I'm just as amused as you were 3x6
Old 01-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #12
Rope4thecash
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 10

I would come nearer to thinking it went into the "limp home" mode...is there a light that came on in the instrument cluster? You could stop at any AutoZone or O'Reilly's and they could plug it in and check what's wrong for you, probably for free...it could be a timing belt, a cam sensor, a control module or any one of a dozen things...
Rope4thecash is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #13
shayla84
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

About 15 sensors showed up and someone jiggled all the stuff in side and now it's fine ... Weird
Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 AM   #14
notswilson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default it's probably not fine.

before you take any long trips, you should identify the cause so you at least know what you're getting into by not fixing it.

i think there are enough people that *seem* to know what they're talking about that if you get the codes we can decipher what they mean and make recommendations.

the codes will be jibberish but they can be looked up (you can google them too - look for OBDII codes)

i have a reader. if you're out north i can plug it in and see what's wrong but i probably wouldn't be able to do much with it afterwards. so while your offer of donated time sounds lovely, a smile and thanks would be enough.
notswilson is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #15
Cooper Barrett
Valued Poster

She failed to mention that she just blew a head gasket resulting in a valve job, complaining that they did an oil chance without authorization, So either she pissed them off and they put worn plugs back in it or they were like new. Kinda like the head bolts they didn't replace.

As someone who taught drivability you guys are speaking "alien" to her. The complete loss of power and correcting it's self by doing a wiggle test means that the wiring harness may have been damaged or has a loose connection due to breakage when serviced.
The 2 things that can cause this is the wiring controlling the coil packs either loose or damaged when they did the valve job or the fly by wire throttle body (TBA) actuator was left loose or it has bit the dust (see pic) as GM has had lots of issues with these and most shops replace the TB to cure it.
Codes for misfire or TBA would be helpful. Wouldn't be the first time a shop fixed something and either broke something or left it loose.
Get all codes in system written down, verify that the wiring and connectors look good(unplug and reconnect), CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY WITH PROPER CLEANER AND TOWEL, clear the codes, and take it for a ride.
there are 2 actuators one on gas petal and one on TBA. TBA unit is about $250 for GM part, $175 for aftermarket or Amazon has a deal, http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-217-31.../dp/B001C6JUE8

Cooper Barrett is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women