Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47582
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #1351
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Well then quit acting like one...
He isn’t.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #1352
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Well then quit acting like one...

i am but a humble citizen activist doing my civic duty to the eccie community.

bhahahahaaaaaa
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 06:42 PM   #1353
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
post more bullshit and find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Remind us again how Taiwan has anything to do with out of control inflation and falling living standards in the US. I must have slipped on the condom I on used on your muther. I'm still picking her nipple hair outta my teeth
I used the somewhat generic term muther fuckers and you resort to personal insults. Fire away but you look kinda boorish.

Taiwan...now there is an interesting case study in pandemic response....maybe you should compare our response vs theirs. I'm sure you'll find a good conspiracy theory in there somewhere.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 06:58 PM   #1354
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I used the somewhat generic term muther fuckers and you resort to personal insults. Fire away but you look kinda boorish.

Taiwan...now there is an interesting case study in pandemic response....maybe you should compare our response vs theirs. I'm sure you'll find a good conspiracy theory in there somewhere.
Calling someone a “muther fucker” is a personal attack. And racist. Because you’re trying to act like something you’re not. According to you, “you’re an old white guy”. Your words. So you speak Ebonics? Take another step back. Or just quit the site. You’re making an ass out of yourself. But, from past experience, you’re good with that.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:39 PM   #1355
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Start another thread if you find the topic so interesting. This thread is dedicated to beating you up on economics, not pandemics.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:37 PM   #1356
bambino
Valued Poster

Just proclaim bankruptcy. We’re there already.,
Old 02-23-2022, 06:43 AM   #1357
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Start another thread if you find the topic so interesting. This thread is dedicated to beating you up on economics, not pandemics.
This topic was brought up by another poster...you.

You mentioned how well Taiwan handled the pandemic. So you want to go off topic only when it suits you?

Once off topic you muther fuckers could not even agree about the pandemic being the cause of all this supply chain disruption.

Quote:

I would throw one bone your way in that LL accidentally made a glaring contradiction with saying the covid was not responsible. It was the impetuous to bad decision making on item #2 above. It also shows the disastrous unintended consequences of the government putting the brakes on to a roaring economy.
We have proven that it was Trump who threw on the brakes in March of 2020 on our economy despite your denial of the fact and your wanting to turn the conversation to mothers.

So lustylad and you want to reelect the person who orginally shutdown our economy and compared to a country lustylad brought up...Taiwan, Trump handled his shutdown horribly.

I would ask bambino why he thinks muther fucker is racist but I'm sure he'll try and tie it to another conspiracy theory election fraud thread.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #1358
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default The price of tea in China

Quote:
I used the somewhat generic term muther fuckers and you resort to personal insults...
Oh, I C, muther fuckers is what you use to be sociable in your community?!?

Quote:
Taiwan...now there is an interesting case study in pandemic response...
And the price of tea in China is just as relevant to this thread as Taiwan is.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:11 PM   #1359
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Update -- Nothing is Looking Any Better, That's For Damned Sure

From 4 weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Just within the last day we've seen our esteemed Slumberer-in-Chief rail against the Fed, saying it needs to get on the ball and do something about all this inflation.

Well, yes -- at least insofar as the Fed effected all the bond-buying that enabled Congress to pass (and Joey to sign) the additional multitrillion-dollar spending measures that replaced estimated loss wage and salary income several times over.

Perhaps it's useful to ask a couple of "what if" questions.

For instance, what if the Fed begins tightening right into the jaws of the inevitable withdrawal of massive fiscal surge spending? What if demand for durable goods in large swaths of the economy is already weakening? (It is, actually.)

What if tightening pushes the 10y UST yield above 3% during the next 12-18 months? (It's been as high as about 3.2% on a couple of post-GFC occasions.)

That would imply 30-year fixed mortgage rates pushing 5%.

They're already climbing:

https://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/ma...rates-02162022

What if this causes the housing market, one of the key drivers of growth during the last two years, to weaken markedly in the face of rising rates?

What if this is the fakest economic "expansion" or "recovery" in US history and simply rests on a foundation of soft sand? (Well, this is surely the most medicated, stimulated economy in memory.)

What if about 20% of S&P 500 companies are essentially "zombies" incapable of handing debt service coverage and still throwing off enough free cash flow to remain viable on a sustained basis in a semi-normalized yield curve environment? (Another fund manager whose opinion I respect put out a note recently saying exactly that.)

That's why I think the probability is very high that within a year the Fed will be under great pressure to pivot back to accommodation as the economy weakens, especially if influential members of Congress start getting upset about a possible market selloff.

(Asset price support is the Fed's tacit "third mandate.")

What if we trade in the current inflation run rate for a big slowdown or even a recession commencing in late 2022 or 2023?

What if middle class and working class Americans are even more unhappy about that?

I'm afraid all this is even more true today given the Putin-Ukraine debacle. A growing number of private-sector economists are already musing about going on "recession watch."

WTF responded:

Quote:
This gent was on CNBC today and was wondering similar.

https://www.rosenbergresearch.com/
I posted that quote snippet only to point out that this guy is Dave Rosenberg, who posts the excellent "Breakfast with Dave" commentary every weekday morning. In my view, it's some of the best macro- and market commentary out today, and I think just about every institutional investor and fund manager subscribes, whether or not they're generally prone to agree with his take.

And shortly thereafter, Why_Yes_I_Do responded thusly:

Quote:
Thx for the post. But darn my luck here. I was looking for the "silver lining" in your post but all I'm seeing is cheap rusty pot metal, made in China. Will keep digging around though.
Sorry, I don't mean to do the metaphorical equivalent of throwing a skunk into a nice, pleasant garden party. I did recently read a book that might improve one's mood.

https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Revolut.../dp/1641772301

Very interesting and enjoyable read. The author details the upcoming convergence of a whole panoply of new innovations which promise to create a fresh technology-driven productivity surge. (We sure do need one -- only a period of robust growth over the next decade or so has a snowball's chance of helping us "pay for all this shit.")

Sorry for the interruption. Please return to your regularly scheduled shit-slinging!

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #1360
beguilingeyes
Gaining Momentum

Default Nukes

These assholes will never pay off the TRILLIONS they are racking up.

And if anyone comes a calling for the money, they will look at them and say " We can have 10 nukes in your 10 biggest cities in 30 minutes. Shall we talk about the payment plan I like. "

And the Fed loves to just get their interest payments of fake money. Those in charge of the Fed lust for power not wealth.
beguilingeyes is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:23 PM   #1361
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beguilingeyes View Post
These assholes will never pay off the TRILLIONS they are racking up.

And if anyone comes a calling for the money, they will look at them and say " We can have 10 nukes in your 10 biggest cities in 30 minutes. Shall we talk about the payment plan I like. "

And the Fed loves to just get their interest payments of fake money. Those in charge of the Fed lust for power not wealth.

not going to happen. first of the 3 major components of the debt, intergovernment borrowing, US held debt by US companies and investors and foreign held debt the smallest is foreign held debt. by far. of the 30 trillion in debt less than 5 trillion tops is held by foreign nations.

the top five holders total only about 3.5 trillion. only Japan and China hold over 1 trillion each and just barely.

they are

1. Japan

Japan is the largest holder of U.S. debt, with $1,304 billion in Treasury holdings as of December 2021, beating out China as the largest holder of U.S. debt.2

2. China

China gets a lot of attention for holding a big chunk of the U.S. government's debt and for good reason, given its rapidly expanding economy. China takes the second spot among foreign holders of U.S. debt with $1,068 bllion

3. United Kingdom

The United Kingdom has increased its holdings in U.S. debt to an eight-year high December 2021 to $647 billion.

4. Ireland

As of December 2021, Ireland holds $334 billion in U.S. debt, which is 4% of foreign debt

5. Luxembourg

Luxembourg is the fifth-largest holder of U.S. debt among foreign countries. As of December 2021, Luxembourg holds $323 billion in U.S. Treasuries

https://www.investopedia.com/article...st-us-debt.asp

first, debt can't be dumped unless it is held for one year regardless of the yield term which is typically 5 years or 10 years to reach maturity. after 1 year then it can be sold on the market, of course if you do that on a 5 or 10 year yield you are barely making back your principle investment with little to no yield. and that is if someone will buy it.

the next largest block is intergovernmental borrowing about 6.5 trillion. the GOV is not going to call that in, probably ever. it represents the intentional overspending by Congress given revenue brought in. unless it becomes a federal crime to spend more than is brought in the assholes in Congress will happily keep overspending on pork barrel bullshit. you can bet on that!

so given 6.5 trillion the GOV loans itself and about 5 trillion at the most being generous held by foreign nations the vast majority of the debt is held by US investors. companies, investment houses like hedge funds and investment funds and even uber wealthy private citizens like Warren Buffet.

that amount is about 18.5 trillion.

so less than 1/3 total is either GOV lending to itself and foreign nations. almost 2/3 nearly 20 trillion is owned by US investors.

if nothing else this should stop any fretting about "foreign nations own too much US Debt" because they really don't own much at all. 5 trillion is being generous. the top 5 only owns 3.5 trillion. who cares about another trillion and change owned by a bunch of small fry nations?
Old 03-12-2022, 06:43 PM   #1362
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

buying debt. I don't get this. why is anyone buying negative money since it has no value???
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 06:59 PM   #1363
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
buying debt. I don't get this. why is anyone buying negative money since it has no value???

what do you mean "negative money"? in Japan maybe but not the US.

Treasurys
TICKER COMPANY YIELD
US1YU.S. 1 Year Treasury1.176
US2YU.S. 2 Year Treasury1.746
US5YU.S. 5 Year Treasury1.95
US10YU.S. 10 Year Treasury1.997

US treasury notes pay out the yields above on maturity. nothing negative about it.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:39 AM   #1364
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Mr Biden, your order is ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
what do you mean "negative money"? in Japan maybe but not the US.

Treasurys
TICKER COMPANY YIELD
US1YU.S. 1 Year Treasury1.176
US2YU.S. 2 Year Treasury1.746
US5YU.S. 5 Year Treasury1.95
US10YU.S. 10 Year Treasury1.997

US treasury notes pay out the yields above on maturity. nothing negative about it.
Which is about 100 times better than current savings account interest rates. Well... until we go parabolic. We might just need a war to distract us from that potential problem. Now where could we find one?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #1365
Wile E Coyote
Premium Access

Encounters: 90

Biden believes it is never his fault. His spending does not equate inflation, the war in Ukraine did.
Wile E Coyote is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women