Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47564
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 03-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #121
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Shhhhh!! Economists are talking.
Sorry. Im listening closely. Moscow Ellen provided some deep insight. Ill be quiet
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #122
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
Ill be quiet
That didn't last long. Another nonkept promise!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #123
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
That didn't last long. Another nonkept promise!
Shut up Lex. Im trying to listen to Trump supporters talking sense
Old 03-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #124
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Shut up Lex. Im trying to listen to Trump supporters talking sense

Rudeness, Hostility, Disrespect or insults

thank you valued poster!

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #125
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Rudeness, Hostility, Disrespect or insults

thank you valued poster!

you really are soft snowflake boy
Old 03-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #126
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

themystic doesn't know the economy!!!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:44 AM   #127
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Agree manufacturing jobs are up nicely under Trump - by almost half a million! Not sure you can link that directly or entirely to his China trade negotiations. You would need to look at where those jobs occurred to see how many are the result of new orders from customers who used to source from China and switched back to domestic suppliers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#79767c625635

Even then, there may be other compelling reasons to "reshore" manufacturing besides the trade dispute. Usually those decisions are driven by a mix of factors. Here is a good article.

7 Reasons For Bringing Manufacturing Back to the US:

– Shorter manufacturing lead times with domestically made products
– America offers a more skilled workforce
– The rising costs of freight expenses
– Fewer regulatory compliance and intellectual property risks
– Local tax incentives
– Responsiveness to consumer demands
– Offshore wages are rising

https://www.cadimensions.com/blog/on...s-on-the-rise/
Exports to the US from China dropped 28% year over year in February. To what extent the above possible reasons affected that versus how much the 26% tariff on Chinese imports did is hard to tell.

I would just imagine having suddenly to pay more than a quarter on every dollar of imports is going to reduce the demand a good bit. The above factors you listed have been present before the tariff and we didn't see any significant drop in imports from China.

I'm the last one to link correlation with cause but.....

On the other hand, Chinas overall exports across the globe are down and US tariffs didn't cause all that.

China continues to devaluate it's currency however. Perhaps other countries are beginning to take measures other than tariffs to combat that as well.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #128
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Agree manufacturing jobs are up nicely under Trump - by almost half a million! Not sure you can link that directly or entirely to his China trade negotiations. You would need to look at where those jobs occurred to see how many are the result of new orders from customers who used to source from China and switched back to domestic suppliers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde.../#79767c625635
From the Forbes article it sounds like Obama et al were so focused on growing government that there weren't any people left over to work in manufacturing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
I would just imagine having suddenly to pay more than a quarter on every dollar of imports is going to reduce the demand a good bit. The above factors you listed have been present before the tariff and we didn't see any significant drop in imports from China.

I'm the last one to link correlation with cause but.....

On the other hand, Chinas overall exports across the globe are down and US tariffs didn't cause all that.

China continues to devaluate it's currency however. Perhaps other countries are beginning to take measures other than tariffs to combat that as well.
Costs in the manufacturing heartland of southeastern China are getting out of control. Inflation in labor costs, rents and land is very high. Labor turnover for unskilled labor is unreal, two times per year is not uncommon. For some time before Trump, Chinese companies were moving production to places like Vietnam. Three years ago, before Trump was elected, I spoke with an executive of a company which owned a factory in China. They were going to transport it, lock, stock and barrel, to Cambodia. Then they were going to sell the land in China to property developers and make a bundle. And he said a number of other manufacturers were doing the same.

Tariffs were a consideration long before Trump. China slowed exports of garments way down because of high tariffs imposed by the USA and Western Europe. They continue to manufacture the fibers, yarns and fabrics, then export them to places like Vietnam, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka which don't incur high duties on finished garments.

While true in the past, China isn't devaluing its currency any more, that's bull shit spread by the trade hawks. They've been doing more of the opposite in recent years, trying to keep the value of the currency up, as capital flight drug down the value of the Renminbi.

It's much better to let free markets take care of this instead of attacking the problem with tariffs. The reason you're seeing more manufacturing jobs in the USA is because we're more competitive. Yes, Trump's change in corporate tax rates and deregulation is playing a big part in this. The USA is now more competitive with China and other countries. China doesn't have the huge cost advantages it did before. Tariffs have done diddly squat. Trump's worldwide tariff strategy makes no sense, and obsessing on the trade deficit between China and the USA makes no sense.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #129
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
GM will invest $300M in Bolt EV plant to construct new electric model

The investment will create 400 additional [U.S.] jobs at the Lake Orion facility.

March 22, 2019

General Motors has promised to invest some $1.8 billion in its US manufacturing efforts, and now know some of that money will go toward building a new electric vehicle.

GM announced on Friday that it intends to invest $300 million in its Orion Township assembly facility. The plant already builds the Chevrolet Bolt EV, in addition to the Chevrolet Sonic.

(CNET)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #130
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Riding Obamas coattails IB. A day late
Old 03-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #131
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Riding Obamas coattails IB. A day late
You're obviously lying. Odumbo swore it couldn't happen without a "magic wand" ... just like your ilk swore Trump couldn't win in 2016: Abracadabra!
Old 03-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #132
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You're obviously lying. Odumbo swore it couldn't happen without a "magic wand" ... just like your ilk swore Trump couldn't win in 2016: Abracadabra!
why has the trump presidency stalled? where is the wall. where is the infrastructure? where is the healthcare?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #133
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
why has the trump presidency stalled? where is the wall. where is the infrastructure? where is the healthcare?
The only thing stalled is your thought process.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #134
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sounds like someone doth protest too much. None of the items you are trying to gin up as faux outrage for not taking place would have even been on the table without Trump.

That they are not happening fast enough for your liking is absolutely laughable.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #135
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasurem View Post
There was very little movement by stocks over the 8 years O was in office, don’t even pretend he had any impact on the market... the stock market hasn’t moved much the last year, but, it was up like 7000 the first year of Trump.
The DJIA went from 7,000 points to 19,000 points under Obama, that is a gain of 12,000 points. You don't know your stuff. Obama cleaned up the mess that Bush43 and Dick Cheney left behind.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women