Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #1321
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Skip Bayless, Stephen A. Smith debate Bob McNair's comments that the Texans aren't interested in Peyton Manning and are committed to Matt Schaub.
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1322
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Skip usually trolls, but yeah, strange situation.

Our O-Line looks to be fucked at the moment...
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #1323
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Skip Bayless spent 15-20 years in the Dallas sports media market and wrote 3 or 4 books about his beloved Cowpaddies.

Get a rope!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #1324
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Vickers to sign with the cowpaddies.

Brisiel visiting Raiders

Dreesson visits the Saints.

Mario spends another night in Buffalo.

Lions will host Winston.

Titans will host Myers.

Texans are quiet. Manningham?

Steve and Smith are too dramatic for my taste. They always seem to wine to try to make their point. Good debate otherwise if you cut out the antics.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #1325
Satin
Valued Poster

Well it's official....bye bye Mario....

I'm concerned about our offensive line...

Please keep Tate and let Jacobi go...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #1326
TheDon
Valued Poster

50 Mill guaranteed? Good for Mario, doubt he will live up to that contract, wish him well, though. Happy with Brooks Reed.

Love Tate, but wouldn't mind getting the 22nd pick for him, we can solve our o-line issues and we can always find another RB.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #1327
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don91 View Post
50 Mill guaranteed? Good for Mario, doubt he will live up to that contract, wish him well, though. Happy with Brooks Reed.
I am sure there are some Houston fans who are thrilled to see Mario in another uniform. Don't consider me to be among them! To many of those fans, Mario will always be the reason we do not have VY behind center. I understand why Mario chose to leave as well as why the Texans chose to not stand in his way. Mario is a difference maker and apparently Buffalo must have also thought so given the enormous size of the new contract they signed him to. I am happy for Mario but I consider it a sad day for the Texans.

As I have said repeatedly, we are a better team with Mario, not without him. I have nothing against Brooks Reed. He is a hard worker and a good player. However, he does not have the overall talent and upside of Mario Williams and probably never will. Hopefully, Mario will be going to a city where the fans will accept him for what he is and more importantly, not expect him to be someone he isn't. He is an extremely good, but not elite, pass rushing and run stuffing LB/DE. Good luck Mario against everybody but the Texans!

As for this off season, I am anxious to see what happens over the course of the next 6 weeks. All of a sudden the Texans have some glaring holes that cannot be filled through the draft alone. I have not given up on this off season but as I am writing this, it is not looking good on the home front!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #1328
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I am sure there are a few Houston fans who are thrilled to see Mario in another uniform but I personally hate to see him go. He is a difference maker and apparently Buffalo must have also thought so given the enormous size of his contract. I am happy for him but sad for the Texans. As I have said repeatedly, we are not a better team without Mario. I have nothing against Brooks. Both he and Connor Barwin are hard workers and good players but neither have the talent and upside of Mario Williams. Hopefully, Mario will be going to a city where the fans will not spend 5 years being pissed off at him for not being the player they wanted the Texans to use with the 1st pick of the draft.

As for this off season, I am anxious to see what happens over the course of the next 6 weeks. All of a sudden we have some glaring holes that cannot be filled through the draft alone. I have not given up on this off season but as we speak, it is not looking good on the home front!
AW BT it aint that bad.. I think we all knew Mario was too expensive to keep. The worst thing of this situation is to think of what we could of had if we traded him last year. Now we get nothing in return. I hate to criticize in hindsight, but you can't help but wonder if trading Mario pre-2011 would have given us a top 5 pick or better. Also, we do have a home game vs the Bills next season so lets hope our O-Line (whats left of it) will hold up to our former beast.

This also changes the perplexity of the Draft and I'm all for the Texans looking into Drafting Nick Perry. I personally think the feller would make an outstanding OLB in the 3-4 and possibly could take over the starting role from Reed. Most scouts have him going bottom of the 1st or top of the second.

There is also Whitney Mercilus, the winner of the 2011 Ted Hendricks Defensive End of the Year. He recorded 16 sacks last year at the OLB position but may be taken higher than Perry, who I think is more likely to become a Texan. It sux that we need some major upgrades via draft but this is where the Texans excel. Don't hit the panic button just yet.

Video: Whitney Mercilus OLB Prospect

Also for the Peyton sweepstakes, Titans, are also talking to Saturday(Peytons Fav Center). Its quite possible that Texans may be able retain Myers if Peyton and Saturday go to Titans as a package.

Well, looks like Texans need a #3 QB, guess who is today's prospect.. Our own Case Keenum. He will likely be at the bottom-mid draft and Texans may just get him..

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...c-909eef744fcf
Old 03-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #1329
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Happy with Brooks Reed.
As far Donnie being happy with Brooks Reed, I am as well. I was also happy with Matt Schaub being our starting qb last year. Until, he went down with a freak, season ending injury and we did not have an adequate replacement. Let us all hope that we will not be searching for an adequate replacement for Brooks Reed next season. The pickings are mighty slim at that position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
The worst thing of this situation is to think of what we could of had if we traded him last year. Now we get nothing in return.

Playing the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" game is sort of like being a Monday Morning Quarterback. It is easy to make all of the right calls, after the fact!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #1330
TheDon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
These Vegas odds have now been updated. Texans are moving up. Anyone bettiing???

Cardinals: 19% ($100 wins $250)
Dolphins: 16.5% ($100 wins $300)
Redskins: 13% ($100 wins $400)
Jets: 9.5% ($100 wins $600)
Chiefs: 7.5% ($100 wins $800)
Retire: 6% ($100 wins $1,000)
Seahawks: 6% ($100 wins $1,000)
Texans: 4% ($100 wins $1,500)
49ers: 3% ($100 wins $2,000)
Broncos: 3% ($100 wins $2,000)
Titans: 1.5% ($100 wins $4,000)
Other Team: 11% ($100 wins $500)
Quote:
Broncos and Titans seem like the play to me.
From ESPN, it really sucks my book didn't have odds on this prop, I want to bang my head against the wall..
Quote:
Adam Schefter emails (and subsequently tweets) to inform that Matt Flynn will be visiting Miami, and the clear signal is the Dolphins feel they are essentially out on Peyton Manning. From what we're hearing, this is a two-team race for Manning's services between Tennessee and Denver.
Quote:
As far Donnie being happy with Brooks Reed, I am as well. I was also happy with Matt Schaub being our starting qb last year. Until, he went down with a freak, season ending injury and we did not have an adequate replacement. Let us all hope that we will not be searching for an adequate replacement for Brooks Reed next season. The pickings are mighty slim at that position!
I don't think anyone is glad to see Mario leave, but for the price we needed to give him, I think we're just happy to have Reed, who isn't as gifted as Williams, take his place, as he looks to have potential. Would have been great to keep him, but it just didn't seem possible financially. And it wasn't. I wish him the best as well, I think we all do. But it was just frustrating with him at times, I think we all believe he could have been more productive. He's still a hell of a talent.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #1331
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Playing the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" game is sort of like being a Monday Morning Quarterback. It is easy to make all of the right calls, after the fact!
Agreed, that's why I hate to criticize in hindsight. This is also why I'm hoping something will happen with Ur bro-n-law Schaub.. Looks like no Peyton, so I'm hoping for an extension. I know some are hoping for TJ to take over 2013, but I'm not sold just yet. If Schaub has a break out year, it could play out similar to what happened with Mario. I want the SB window open for as long as possible.

Video

Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #1332
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

We Got Him Back!!!

Adam Schefter:
Quote:
Chris Myers contract with Houston: 4 years for $25mil with $14mil fully guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...14909355982848

What a relief!!! Now that we got our 2 key Free Agents back for next year(Foster & Myers), I'll exhale!!

Now how long to the draft again?
Old 03-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1333
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

^^
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #1334
Satin
Valued Poster

Yes sir...now we need a kicker and punter...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #1335
TheDon
Valued Poster

Jason Allen to the Bengals, Eric Winston to the Chiefs. Best of luck to both men.

Now we need a CB..

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women