Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47732
pyramider46370
bambino40438
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #1231
Observing
Valued Poster

Default Got wave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
No- I don't see a wave but you keep on telling yourself if that makes you feel good. What I saw was an Alabama Senate race where the voters of Alabama decided that Jones was a better representative of their state than Moore.
Special Elections So Far Point To A Democratic Wave In 2018.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter

The last 23 years of data shows that special election results correspond pretty closely to midterm results.

All 100+ Lies Team Trump Has Told About Russia: Chronologically
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b04bd8793e96e4

"In this journey, I will never lie to you. I will never tell you something I do not believe. I will never put anyone's interests ahead of yours. And, I will never, ever stop fighting for you.”
>Donald Trump<
Observing is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #1232
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
The question that needs to be answered by Republicans is what happened?
People didn't like the choices so they stayed home.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #1233
Observing
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Ummmmmmmmm....
NOPE!

Alabama voter turnout far surpasses expectations reaching well over 1 million voters.
http://whnt.com/2017/12/12/alabama-v...illion-voters/

Doug Jones' Alabama miracle: It all came down to turnout.
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/13/dou...wn-to-turnout/

African American Voters Made Doug Jones a U.S. Senator in Alabama
The state’s Black Belt made big turnout gains in support of the Democratic candidate, providing his margin of victory in the Senate special election in a deep-red state.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...labama/548237/

"Alabama’s Secretary of State John Merrill told CBS 42 News Tuesday afternoon that he predicts 25 percent voter turnout in today’s election.
Monday, Merrill told us he anticipated that 20 percent of voters would show up at the polls to cast their ballots. The five percent increase still puts the turnout within the range of Merrill’s predictions ahead of the initial GOP runoff election between Senator Luther Strange and Roy Moore.
Merrill told the Associated Press at that time that a typical primary brings a turnout of 30 to 32 percent, whereas he only expected 20 to 25 percent of eligible voters to show up for the special election.
A source who has worked the polls for years at a location in Jefferson County told CBS 42’s James McConatha that turnout before 10 a.m. looked more like a presidential election than a special election. More than one Jefferson County polling location reported more than 600 voters had cast a ballot by 10 a.m. In Shelby County at the Pelham Civic Complex, 2,947 votes had been cast by 4 p.m. There’s a total of 9,500 voters registered there."
http://wiat.com/2017/12/12/voter-tur...-expectations/

So there ya have it!
Old 12-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #1234
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observing View Post
The last 23 years of data shows that special election results correspond pretty closely to midterm results.
Good!

So, let's see... The R's won special elections in Kansas, Montana, Georgia, South Carolina, and Utah in 2017. The d's won in California and Alabama. Only one of those was a "flip". That's 5 to 2.

That's some "wave".
Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 PM   #1235
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Good!

So, let's see... The R's won special elections in Kansas, Montana, Georgia, South Carolina, and Utah in 2017. The d's won in California and Alabama. Only one of those was a "flip". That's 5 to 2.

That's some "wave".
The D's won the governor's race in Virginia which was hotly contested and where Trump campaigned hard for the Republican candidate. Yes, it was a hold for the Democrats but a significant hold.

The House races that the Republicans won were also holds with heavily favored Republicans winning fairly easily.

The victory yesterday was deemed a huge victory for the Democrats. Observing is very correct in that the Democrats got out the vote and the Republicans did not.

You are right. The Republicans have had more victories in special elections than the Democrats this year but the Democratic victories have had a much greater impact on the U.S. political scene.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #1236
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Good!

That's some "wave".
I remember when Republicans were touting that winning state legislatures, school board and all those local elections is what lead to Republicans taken over most states and having their current grasp of Congress. But now gfeflunkie wants to talk about special elections and only talk about Congressional seats and it as proof there isn’t a wave. Not the gubernatorial wins in VA (which was a substantial win margin) and in NJ. Oh and they lost control of a state legislature in Washington state. In VA you had Dems winning the AG and LT Governor positions. In VA you had everyone shocked that the Dems flipped 10 seats in the House of Delegates. Dems won bigly in mayor races. I mean Montana elected its first black mayor and he’s a refugee. In Maine the voters sidestepped their Republican governor and voted to expand Medicaid under the ACA. But hey no wave. That's all just happenstance.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #1237
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes, I see what you all are saying now. Just got back from a dinner with my good friend who is a Libertarian - and doesn't like anybody - but he explained the deal with Alabama.

As to what happened -I think that speaks for itself. However, Trump got involved because as a businessman - he wants to win at all costs-that's what business people do- and if another Republican could join the Senate and get his agenda thru - then why not. Trump is not a true Republican - and he's gonna shake the party up and get this country great again - he has to work within the 2 party system that we have - and he's gonna do it the way he knows best. People should prepare themselves for that - successful businessmen are ruthless. I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Last year Trump won Alabama by almost 28%. Moore lost by 1.5%. That's almost a 30 point swing in little more than 1 year. I would agree that that was an overwhelming win.

The question that needs to be answered by Republicans is what happened? Certainly Moore was a terrible candidate in most people's eyes. Even many people who voted for him said they did so because they viewed him as the lesser of 2 evils. I think you also have to factor in Trump's approval rating which ranges from 33%-41%. How many people in Alabama voted against Trump rather than for Jones?

It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, the passage of a tax reform package will have on Trump's approval rating. I watched Trump's news conference today announcing the package and the tax savings for families he was throwing around sounded good. For some reason, I just don't trust politicians when they open their mouths -- whether they be Republican, Democratic, or Independent.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #1238
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
Look at what happened. Huge African American turnout...
Quote:
The African American vote was out in numbers higher than for Obama. They came out more than for the first African American president...
Congratulations, millsy!

You finally admit all your whining about GOP voter suppression was bullshit! And the Supreme Court made the right decision in Shelby County v. Holder!

I knew you would come around and see the light, dude!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:37 AM   #1239
gfejunkie

Uh-oh... Turns out Alabama just elected a racist. This should upset millsy...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-alabama.html

Of course, that would be IF he recognized REAL racism when he sees it.

Which he doesn't.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #1240
gfejunkie

Millsy probably even thinks this is racist...

Right???
Old 12-14-2017, 05:45 AM   #1241
gfejunkie

Quote:
But hey no wave.
You're learning. A 1.5% margin is more of a "ripple" than a "wave".

If that.

Jones will be out in 2020. He'll be that much of a fuck up. We already know he's a racist.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:52 AM   #1242
Observing
Valued Poster

Default Trump successful in business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Yes, I see what you all are saying now. Just got back from a dinner with my good friend who is a Libertarian - and doesn't like anybody - but he explained the deal with Alabama.

As to what happened -I think that speaks for itself. However, Trump got involved because as a businessman - he wants to win at all costs-that's what business people do- and if another Republican could join the Senate and get his agenda thru - then why not. Trump is not a true Republican - and he's gonna shake the party up and get this country great again - he has to work within the 2 party system that we have - and he's gonna do it the way he knows best. People should prepare themselves for that - successful businessmen are ruthless. I know.
DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED.
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/d...16-486091.html

Trump, the Bad, Bad Businessman.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/o...sinessman.html

Donald Trump Business Failures - Ranker
https://www.ranker.com/list/donald-t...ils/mel-judson
Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #1243
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Uh-oh... Turns out Alabama just elected a racist. This should upset millsy...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-alabama.html

Of course, that would be IF he recognized REAL racism when he sees it.

Which he doesn't.

Oh man let me answer all your stupidity in one response.

(1) The ad isn't racist. It actually had a stance that most African Americans believe. Which is that if we had candidates that had the issues that Roy Moore or Donald Trump had, we wouldn't even be in the conversation for office. They actually won and had a chance to win elected office. The stupidity of the ad you posted. They have a comment about how this isn't how you do African American outreach. Besides the fact that Jones did a lot more, he won with huge numbers in that community so maybe this person doesn't know what they are talking about. The ad was just bad with the guy at the end, most because of the stupid face he is making. But again the message is still something we talk about all the time. Nice try.

(2) No I don't think White Christmas is racist. You're just reaching now to deflect from your racism. But nice try again.

(3) Maybe look at what SpeedRacer was trying to show stupid people like you. 1.5% is easy to dismiss when you take it out of context. You know like how Trump won the state by 28% and Moore lost by 1.5%. That's a huge turnaround. Or that it was ALABAMA. Again, keep pretending there isn't a wave as your guy drowns in it. And yes he will be out in 2020 but not because he's a fuck up. That's when the seat was up anyway. Maybe you didn't know that because you are a moron. But guess what? 2020 is all we needed. The seat will be held for the rest of Trump's presidency. And that's going to be key to stopping legislation. Just look at how many times Trump's agenda was lost by 1 vote when they had this seat. Yeah he is such a racist that he put KKK members in jail. He is such a racist that he personally thanked the African American community, while quoting Dr. King. He is such a racist that us dumb n*****s came out in strong numbers for him because people like you must think we don't know better. Yeah he is the racist, not Roy Moore. You're either incredibly stupid or you're hiding your fear with stupidity. Either way, I'm laughing.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #1244
Txbear46
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
No, they did not stay home any more than usual. What it shows is this: if the minority population in this country (black, latino, asian, etc) wake up and decide to vote in the same numbers as white educated voters, our political climate will be absolutely transformed and the Republican party will be decimated.
Txbear46 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #1245
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Now,now Observing. We both know that successful businessman don't have a 100 percent success rate on everything they do.
Gotta take the good with the bad. And I'd take bad Donald over Hildebeast any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observing View Post
DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED.
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/d...16-486091.html

Trump, the Bad, Bad Businessman.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/o...sinessman.html

Donald Trump Business Failures - Ranker
https://www.ranker.com/list/donald-t...ils/mel-judson
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women