Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70457
biomed160866
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452978
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47680
pyramider46370
bambino40406
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35596
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #1186
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy View Post
Foster's game, on the other hand, didn't miss a beat no matter who was at QB. The General got that one wrong..
I agree, Foster's game "didn't miss a beat no matter who was at QB." But what does that prove?

It was quite obvious that the Texans offensive game missed several beats after Schaub went down for the season. I believe the Texans were a better offensive team early in the year when Foster was out with the hammy than they were later in the year when Schaub was out with a broken foot! Once again, I am not saying that Schaub is a better QB than Foster is a RB. But I am saying that Schaub's QB position is more important to the Texan's offensive scheme than Foster's RB position! Just sayin'

Indeed, the general got that one RIGHT! Way to go general!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #1187
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
TJ will have the entire off-season, playoff experience, and can run 100yds faster than Schaub can run 50yrds.
What's your point? The same can be said of TJ and P. Manning and many others. I will concede that T.J. is faster than Schaub if you will concede that T.J. is also faster than Manning and probably Brees, Rodgers and Brady. Now where do we go from there?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #1188
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

We must have not been watching the same games. From what I saw, Foster carried the offense to the playoffs. Not Schaub. Not Yates. Not Dre. Not even worth an arguement. The MVP of the Offense BAR NONE is Arian. I'm not saying the RB position is more important than the QB position. I'm saying Foster is more valuable to the Texans than Schaub. On that note, MJD is more valuable to the Jags than what's his face, Ray Rice is more valuable to Ravens than Flaco. If you seriously think Schaub is more valuable, what happened in 2009? Man BT u got it worse than I thought.
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #1189
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
We must have not been watching the same games. From what I saw, Foster carried the offense to the playoffs. Not Schaub. Not Yates. Not Dre. Not even worth an arguement. The MVP of the Offense BAR NONE is Arian. I'm not saying the RB position is more important than the QB position. I'm saying Foster is more valuable to the Texans than Schaub. On that note, MJD is more valuable to the Jags than what's his face, Ray Rice is more valuable to Ravens than Flaco. If you seriously think Schaub is more valuable, what happened in 2009? Man BT u got it worse than I thought.
Don't tell me, instead you might want to tell that general feller. He's got a stake in this too!

If I have it "worse" than you thought, I am obviously in select company. If I am not mistaken, the feller that Satin said "has forgotten more than we will ever know" must also have it "worse" than you thought.

The way I see it, I will side with the general on this matter! I have been listening to him for years and have always thought that general feller's pretty damn smart when it comes to Houston professional football!

With that said, I will admit that you're pretty smart when it comes to football. But after all of these years, I have rarely ever 2nd guessed the general. He is normally spot on! On the other hand, in the past few months I have already 2nd guessed you a time or two!

Will the third time be the charm?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #1190
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

TJ is faster than P Manning and Brady. Not so sure about Rogers and Brees. My point is there was no offseason 2011. TJ was a 3rd string rook. That was then this is now. He has played and won in big games. He will have a full season and off-season under his belt. I would rate him better than a handful of the league's worst starting QB's. His running ability adds a new dimension. I have no quarries with Schaub starting next year. However, Yates has a legitamate shot at being our future QB perhaps 2013 on. Though that arguement is irrelavant for now as we are still in the Schaub era. What I'm getting at is the gap between Schaub and TJ is closing. The General, unless he knows things about Leinart that we don't, is a fool to rate TJ that low.

And yeah I just might look up that article and post a few comments. My first would be to ask why he even wrote it in the first place. Many fans have different opinions and will try to discredit him no matter what order he dreams up. Why not take an anonymous poll and have the players rate themselves? Hell I think they did and proved us all wrong. CUSHING WAS VOTED MOST VALUABLE

And as I'm typing this I'm watching a NFL network special on Cush's outstanding rookie season.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #1191
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
is a fool to rate TJ that low.
I can assure you that the general is nobody's "fool." He is paid very well to know Houston professional football inside and out. He is highly respected, not only in Houston, but in professional football circles throughout the entire country. If he were a "fool" as you say, he would have been shown the door many, many years ago! There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of sports journalists from around the country who would give anything to be the lead beat writer for an NFL franchise. With so many professional journalists gunning for one of only 32 positions they won't stay employed very long if they are guilty of writing "foolish" articles! If nothing else, the general is a survivor who does his homework! And he has withstood the test of time!

Hell, I have even heard it said that the general "has forgotten more than we will ever know!" There is probably a hell of a lot of truth to that statement!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #1192
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

For that article, he's TJ's fool. Kube's fool, Knapp's fool and Arian's fool. A great sports writer indeed. This article was definately NOT one of his highlights.

That one I quoted earlier was crap as well.

Sorry General, you've got bigger expectaions from me.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #1193
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
For that article, he's TJ's fool. Kube's fool, Knapp's fool and Arian's fool. A great sports writer indeed. This article was definately NOT one of his highlights.

That one I quoted earlier was crap as well.

Sorry General, you've got bigger expectaions from me.
Don't get your feelings hurt but you and I will have to agree to disagree. I am going to err on the side of caution and line up behind the general on this one.

You're just going to have to play second fiddle on this matter! There is one simple lesson that I learned in 1969 during my first week of OCS. There is a reason they are the general and unless you have more stars, you never 2nd guess 'em. Indeed, rank has its privileges! That basic lesson has served me well all of these years and I'm much too old to change my ways now.

BTW, have I said yet that the general is a pretty smart feller?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #1194
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Don't get your feelings hurt but you and I will have to agree to disagree. I am going to err on the side of caution and line up behind the general on this one!

BTW, have I said yet that the general is a pretty smart feller?
OK fair enough. But if you really want to make an undisputable arguement in Schaub's favor, look for a contract extention. The main question is not what the general thinks, but rather what does Kubes think? Beyond that, SB berth. Will Schaub have a legacy? Great QB's have come and gone but the ones that really leave their mark are SB winners. Like I said I'll root for him this year.

A contract extension and/or SB win will greatly out-way anything a reporter can write about his value to the team. This is what I'm looking for--not an article, no matter who writes it. To me that's similar to reading rave reviews on T-Mac and Yao Min. Both played great, but were never really in sync, and in the long run both are widely viewed as disappointments. I know its a different game, but yet so similar thus far for Schaub and his H-Town legacy. If Schaub has already reached his plateau, don't expect him to have another pro-bowl-type season coming off a potentially career threatening injury with a 6 month heal time in his 8th year. I'm not a Schaub hater, but I am a skeptic and am starting to believe Texans need to look to explore options in hopes of landing a QB to carry them through the next 10 years (2013+).

And BT, I'm glad U like Schaub your a true believer and if he takes us to the promise-land, I'll say your a true fan for sticking by your man. However, as of now, putting Foster second wind to Schaub, is non-sense to me no matter who writes it. BTW if your going to "back" the general's article on Schaub most valuable, I could easily "back" the actual players and say Cushing is most valuable. What holds more weight? A renown sports reporter, or the actual unanimous vote by the team??? Yeah I know, your going to say "that's because Schaub didn't play the whole year." But IDK maybe Cush is a better argument than Schaub or Foster. Maybe the Texans will be known as Cush's team next year and years to come as the Ravens are known as Ray-Ray's team.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #1195
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Eh, I like the General for his old school stories and his thoughts on lemon squares, not so much on the Texans.

I like TJ, I like Schaub. I'd love me some P. Manning though. And you can't tell me that Gary Kubiak and Manning can't come up with an offensive scheme that will tear up opposing defenses, just can't buy that argument.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 AM   #1196
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

OMG I just visited the Article... and its far worse than I could have imagined. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...texans/#2588-6 After about 20 it all goes to shit. I've bolded some that should be bumped up and underlined some that should be knocked down. IMHO.. Though the top 10 all belong in the Top 10 the arrangement is not up to par.

To make it easy:
1. Matt Schaub, quarterback
2. Arian Foster, running back
3. Brian Cushing, inside linebacker
4. Andre Johnson, receiver
5. Johnathan Joseph, cornerback
6. Duane Brown, offensive tackle
7. J.J. Watt, defensive tackle
8. Connor Barwin, outside linebacker
9. Mario Williams, outside linebacker
10. Chris Myers, center
11. Brooks Reed, outside linebacker
12. Antonio Smith, defensive end
13. Owen Daniels, tight end
14. Eric Winston, offensive tackle
15. Danieal Manning, free safety
16. Ben Tate, running back
17. Glover Quin, strong safety
18. Wade Smith, guard
19. Kevin Walter, receiver
20. DeMeco Ryans, inside linebacker
21. Mike Brisiel, guard
22. Kareem Jackson, cornerback
23. Jason Allen, cornerback
24. Shaun Cody, nose tackle
25. Joel Dreessen, tight end
26. Brice McCain, cornerback
27. Lawrence Vickers, fullback
28. Jacoby Jones, receiver/punt returner
29. James Casey, fullback/tight end
30. Earl Mitchell, nose tackle
31. Darryl Sharpton, inside linebacker
32. Troy Nolan, free safety
33. Rashad Butler, offensive tackle
34. Antoine Caldwell, guard
35. Quintin Demps, safety
36. Neil Rackers, kicker
37. T.J. Yates, quarterback
38. Derrick Ward, running back
39. Tim Jamison, defensive tackle
40. Tim Bulman, defensive end
41. Sherrick McManis, cornerback
42. Jesse Nading, outside linebacker
43. Garrett Graham, tight end
44. Bryan Braman, outside linebacker
45. Tim Dobbins, inside linebacker
46. Shiloh Keo, strong safety
47. Matt Leinart, quarterback
48. Brandon Harris, cornerback
49. Derek Newton, offensive tackle
50. Brett Hartmann, punter

This should have been reneged with a letter of apology... I was going to comment on it. However in the comments posted, its said already and it appears unanimous. Epic FAIL not even 1 commendation.. and a fucking slide show???? General come on man your better than this... I mean really??? This could have been quite the opposite if fans could vote and the results be posted from the poll.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #1197
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
BTW if your going to "back" the general's article on Schaub most valuable, I could easily "back" the actual players and say Cushing is most valuable. What holds more weight? A renown sports reporter, or the actual unanimous vote by the team???
Uhhhh, correct me if I am wrong but Cushing won the "most valuable" player award for the 2011 season as voted by the players. Deservedly so! I sure as hell am not going to argue against that well deserved honor. Cushing earned it. He was a beast! With that said, the players didn't vote on an award for "the player with the most value to the organization as they move toward next season." If the players did vote on that, please provide the link. Somehow I missed it!

OK, let's take it from the top one more time, shall we? The general's ratings had absolutely nothing to do with which player was the 2011 "most valuable player." It was nothing more than the generals personal ratings on which player had the most value to the (Texans) organization as they move toward next season.

It was NOT, I repeat NOT, a 2011 Houston Texans Most Valuable Player award!

Geez, why is that so difficult to understand?
Old 02-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #1198
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

My thought on AF and MW for anyone that gives a fuck.

Both guys are, in a way, products of the system they play under. Here's the difference.

Kube's system, the zone blocking scheme, is made to be able to insert a certain type of player. They have to be patient, see the hole, make a cut and go. Think Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson. They were all hard fast runners but more importantly they were coachable and adapted to the system. What is AF if not fast and coachable? There was a reason he wasn't drafted. I'm not sure what it was but the same guy that made top tier backs out of the guys listed above did the same for AF.
Don't get me wrong, I really like AF. I've always liked how he would make something out of nothing simply by making sure to fall forward with a push. Hell, that alone get's him two yards. Do that twice and you're facing 3rd and six. Much more manageable than 3rd and ten. I just think there are plenty of backs out there with speed and coachability that could step in and learn the system and be a standout back in the NFL under this system.

Wade's system is completely different. He adapts his system to make full use of the talent he has within his scheme. MW has all the tools to be a great player and I think that Wade can put him in the position that will make the most of his talents and allow the other players around him to be better as well.

There is no doubt that Brooks Reed had a phenomenal year but Brooks Reed is no Mario Williams. Imagine what they could have accomplished together if Mario had been in the rotation while Wade was moving Reed, Barwin, Watt and Cushing around. Hell you never knew where those guys were going to line up. Throw MW into the mix and it is a QB's worst nightmare.

My point is this, if we can only keep one then I think it should be MW for the reasons stated above.

I really hope they can find a way to keep both without gutting the nucleus of the team and that they can both stay healthy.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #1199
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Those are lots of valid points, boardman. But I just don't want have to see us find another RB, Slaton and Moats sucked before Foster came. Love Ben Tate, but I'd rather just go with Foster. If our defense wasn't the second ranked, I'd be more on the singing Mario side.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #1200
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post

My point is this, if we can only keep one then I think it should be MW for the reasons stated above.

I really hope they can find a way to keep both without gutting the nucleus of the team and that they can both stay healthy.
Excellent post boardman! I suspect that many of the so called experts who are raising ten kinds of hell about getting rid of Mario will be the very first ones to call for Kubes head if Mario goes elsewhere and gets 12 or more sacks. It has become apparent to me that these guys are only satisfied with back up rookie qbs drafted in the 5th round!

It would be sad if it wern't so damn funny!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women