Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162638
Yssup Rider60404
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48452
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41651
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #106
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
WHIRL WHY DO YOU KEEP DODGING THE QUESTION: WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR IN 2008? YOU ONLY TOLD US YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR MCCAIN- SO THAT LEAVES OBAMA OR YOU DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST HISTORICAL ELECTIONS IN THE PAST 50 YEARS????.........
Duh..... let's see...
Bob Barr - Libertarian Party
Ralph Nader - Independent
Cynthia McKinney - Green Party
Chuck Baldwin - Constitution Party

I am no where near as brilliant as the House Intelligentsia here... but I believe those four candidates also had enough ballot access to enough electoral votes to win the presidency. Of course, that's only if enough people would pull their heads out of their asses and realize what a colossal fucking the two Major Parties have put on the country!

Not as if there weren't other disasters on that list.... just sayin..... back to ignore
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #107
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman View Post
Your numbers are a lie. Obama took office with less thah 8% unumployment, it is documented. Hew SWORE that if we passed the trillions of dollars is stimlus that we do not have, then unemployment would NOT go above 8.4. it is all over on video. Hell, it has barely been below 10% since.
GDP for this ENTIRE year is about 1% First quarter was .4 % WE are in another RECESSION. WE are BROKE> OBAMA wants to spend more
Democrats are POISON for this country. Independents and even liberals are leaving Obama in droves. He is the most anti-business in history. He does not have a clue, about how to get this economy started..
It is not about color, we could care less. It is about a sosialist aganda that has drug our economy to a stop.
No More Spending.
I think you are the LIE- I already addressed this issue with you- show me one source where Obama "swore" that it will go own. Using the word "Swore" is very deceptive on your part- but you are a republican so that's expected.

Do you honestly believe that when Bush took office that the 7.9% UE had maxed out??? Are you fucking kidding me? When Bush left office the UE rate was spiraling upwards daily. The rate when Obama took office was 10% it's 9.2% now so it's lower than when he took office. Did Reagan have the UE rate lower at the same period of time? No! Quit with your lies dude!
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #108
tttalinky
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default Where is the "LOVE" Yerassman

Please Yerassman, calm down and take a deep breath. I did not say that I would NEVER vote for Obama.

If Obama ever runs for President of Greece he has my vote and full
support. I hate to wish Obama on the Greeks but ...better them than us! That would be "Hope and Change"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerassman View Post
It is really sad with term limits we couldn't have had another 4 or 8 year term of Dubya and his cronies. You stupid ****ing GOP lovers make me f'ing crazy, like you all fell to earth or came out of a coma 2 years ago last January.
Your wonderful party caters to the banks, wall street, insurance companies and big oil because they f'ing own all of your asses. Your f*ck the common man at all costs agenda is going to fail.
Well guess what,I believe the american people are finally seeing the left for what it is, the next round of elections should put all your crooked ass's down for the count. The likes of Bachman, your presidential front leader is really a hoot. F- Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck, Oreilly, and lastly FOX. Mr, Murdoch will hopefully get his just due soon also.
Have you paid attenton to what is going on in Wisconsin? It will on the natonal front soon. Bring the right to their lieing ass knees.
tttalinky is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #109
JohnnyG1977
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

I for one voted for Ralph Nader. I believe the two-party system will bring about the ruin of this nation.

We desperately need the following:

1. Term limits for elected officials

2. Publicly financed elections

3. Higher taxes for supervisors, management, and executives

4. Tax breaks for the owners of capital

5. Salary increases for teachers and more public funding for education

6. A slow cutback on defense spending

7. Regulation of the media

A few more, but I can't think of them right now.

As for Reagan, he was a very malleable man. He wasn't very intelligent, but he took the opinions of conservative members of his cabinet and economists, like Milton Friedman, very well.

With respect to Obama, we are slowly discovering he is just another in a long line of politicians. However, it's not all his fault. Our political system has been engineered to change slowly.

Hence, "hope and change" really isn't all that possible given the constructs of the American political system.

Take my word, folks. I graduated Phi Beta Kappa in political science from a university renowned for its political science department.
JohnnyG1977 is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #110
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Well TexHomoHog, Odumbo sure counted illegal aliens in the 47M uninsured American figure, so................

BTW: I wonder what percentage of them purchased forged documents......
What source do you cite to separate illegal immigrants form legal immigrants? I know of none. See:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/03/uninsured-us-citizens/

Furthermore, why do you think that an undocumented immigrant who lives here or his family don't need insurance? If they get sick, I still pay for their care through my insurance or through increased medical costs. When I am visiting another country, my health care is paid for (through the national health care system of the country I'm visiting). Why are visitors here any different?
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #111
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

More statstical proof that Wellendowed's claim of poor (low ranking) health care in America is baloney !.

The attached link shows that the US of A ranks very high in major areas of health care treatments; including Breast Cancer Survival, cervical cancer survival, Collerectal Cancer, incidences of vaccination for preventive diseases, asthama mortality, in-hospital mortality rates, and smoking rates !

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0 CCEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. oecd.org%2Fdataoecd%2F1%2F34%2 F36262514.pdf&rct=j&q=organiza tion%20of%20economic%20coopera tion%20and%20development%20hea lth%20care%20rankings&ei=JaA2T t-rI8LpsQKBnuGaCw&usg=AFQjCNEDie gCGMonr0SYeiaFeXDGTmRRhw

This study is by the reputable Organization For Economic Co-operationa and Development and includes 30 of the world's largest economies...it is referenced in today's WSJ editorial "Why Canada is Beating America" ..a very good read !

BTW, Canada isn't beating America because of it's nationalized health system, which is bankrupting Canada, but because Canada has lowerd it's tax rates, increased employment, cut it's public debt, and is prospering...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...881011290.html
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #112
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

As I have said before, yes, I voted in the 2008 election...but it wasn't for McCain or Obama.

BTW, you keep dodging the issue of what issues are you "conservative" on ?

Quote:
First off I am not a liberal- but at least I Vote something you failed to do in 2008 or is that you voted for Obama and are afraid to admit it?

WHIRL WHY DO YOU KEEP DODGING THE QUESTION: WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR IN 2008? YOU ONLY TOLD US YOU DIDN'T VOTE FOR MCCAIN- SO THAT LEAVES OBAMA OR YOU DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL IN ONE OF THE BIGGEST HISTORICAL ELECTIONS IN THE PAST 50 YEARS????

I bet you voted for Obama but you don't want to get I.M and Marshall upset right?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #113
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Obama didn't swear; but his right hand person (Christiina Roemer) offered up that opinion in a report that was being discussed before Congress !

And we know, as MunchMasterMan has previously said, if it's in the report you cite, then you own the information in that report !

If your defense of Obama hangs on legalise like the definition of "swore" then your arguement gets weaker; you start to sound like Bill Clinton defending his lies by invoking - "depends on what the definition of is is".......

Quote:
I think you are the LIE- I already addressed this issue with you- show me one source where Obama "swore" that it will go own. Using the word "Swore" is very deceptive on your part- but you are a republican so that's expected.

Do you honestly believe that when Bush took office that the 7.9% UE had maxed out??? Are you fucking kidding me? When Bush left office the UE rate was spiraling upwards daily. The rate when Obama took office was 10% it's 9.2% now so it's lower than when he took office. Did Reagan have the UE rate lower at the same period of time? No! Quit with your lies dude!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #114
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
When I am visiting another country, my health care is paid for (through the national health care system of the country I'm visiting). Why are visitors here any different?

TexHomoHog, are you visiting these countries legally, or are you living in them illegally?
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #115
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
More statstical proof that Wellendowed's claim of poor (low ranking) health care in America is baloney !.

The attached link shows that the US of A ranks very high in major areas of health care treatments; including Breast Cancer Survival, cervical cancer survival, Collerectal Cancer, incidences of vaccination for preventive diseases, asthama mortality, in-hospital mortality rates, and smoking rates !

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0 CCEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. oecd.org%2Fdataoecd%2F1%2F34%2 F36262514.pdf&rct=j&q=organiza tion%20of%20economic%20coopera tion%20and%20development%20hea lth%20care%20rankings&ei=JaA2T t-rI8LpsQKBnuGaCw&usg=AFQjCNEDie gCGMonr0SYeiaFeXDGTmRRhw

This study is by the reputable Organization For Economic Co-operationa and Development and includes 30 of the world's largest economies...it is referenced in today's WSJ editorial "Why Canada is Beating America" ..a very good read !

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...881011290.html
We rank high but we do not rank high on whether it is cost effective.

In simpleton terms.....do you want to rank high in changing your oil on a regular basis or do you want to rank high on overhauling an engine that has never had an oil change.

You are bragging on the latter as if that is a good thing....''never change the oil in your engine because we are great at overhauling your engine'' seems to be your position.

That is basically wtf the debate is about.

That is a stupid position to take, unless you are the doctors that overhaul engines.

Your metrics are all fuc'd up Whirlaway.

Remember we have a spending problem.

What that means is that in the long run.....your long term healthcare (Medicare) will be cut. That is just a simple math problem.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #116
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

A phony arguement that is bait and switch to the subject you are discussing....having a nationalized health care system doesn't guarantee access to the best doctors, hospitals, or treatments...in fact, the evidence proves that countries with nationalized systems have longer wait times for most procedures inlcuding hip replacements, heart surgeries, breast screening and whole range of other procedures that are routinely performed in the US without major wait times !!!!!!!!

Quote:
You can have a nation with the best schools/equipment/technology, but if 47 million of your citizens have no health care coverage and thereby no access to these wonderful facilities and brilliant MD's what good is it? Or when your citizens who have insurance have no access to these wonderful medical machines because they can't afford the premiums whay good is it? Or when aspiring med students can't attend these great medical schools because they can't afford it or those who can afford it come out of medical school owing 500,000 dollars in loans it kind of all defeats the purpose doesn't it?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #117
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
We rank high but we do not rank high on whether it is cost effective.

In simpleton terms.....do you want to rank high in changing your oil on a regular basis or do you want to rank high on overhauling an engine that has never had an oil change.

You are bragging on the latter as if that is a good thing....''never change the oil in your engine because we are great at overhauling your engine'' seems to be your position.

That is basically wtf the debate is about.

That is a stupid position to take, unless you are the doctors that overhaul engines.

Your metrics are all fuc'd up Whirlaway.

Remember we have a spending problem.

What that means is that in the long run.....your long term healthcare (Medicare) will be cut. That is just a simple math problem.

Wutta Dumb Fuck! WDF, free market principles are the only solution to reducing costs while maintaining quality and supply......conservatives have been trying to inject free market principles into healthcare but the marxist cult drones shoot it down at every turn....only the collapse of the system will force you cock suckers to accept them.....you MC drones want to cut the quantity and quality of healthcare services people receive....you scumbags have no regard for the sanctity of human life.........
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #118
Yerassman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Here is a copy of an email I received earlier today, pretty much lays blame where blame is due, I agree with every word of it.

A very interesting column.. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel...
He has been a journalist for 49 years.
He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House now? He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!
Yerassman is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #119
TexanAtPlay
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerassman View Post
Here is a copy of an email I received earlier today, pretty much lays blame where blame is due, I agree with every word of it.

A very interesting column.. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL

Charley Reese's final column for the Orlando Sentinel...
He has been a journalist for 49 years.
He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN.

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It's a short but good read. Worth the time. Worth remembering!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House now? He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!
Actually here's how the problem stacked up.

The 16th Amendment overrode the Constitutional prohibition on certain taxes -- before things like Tariffs and other collections funded the government. Of course, it was a much smaller government back then. Big-time "Progressives" were really on board with this, because it proves to be a nearly unlimited source of the means of confiscation of wealth.

The 17th Amendment to the Constitution laid waste to the grand design of the Virginia Compromise. The SENATE was designed to represent the States, specifically the State Legislatures, and to be their voice in the Congress. If a Senator didn't perform the will of the Legislature, they could be REPLACED by that body in favor of one who will. Often they were already elected members of that State body. Once popular vote was forced through for Senators, it left the views of the State government unheard in Federal circles. The argument that the people should decide who represents them is a red herring. They already have representation by the House of Representatives, and of course they ELECT their State Legislatures. With the States unable to get together and overrule Congress, they became feckless, merely tax collecting and distributing branches of the Federal Overlord Masters.

The FINAL blow was the creation of the Federal Reserve. Destruction of the money supply denominated in gold and silver was a long standing aim, because it gave the Federal Reserve control of the currency, without anything tangible to back it. Fiat currency..which can be worthless on a whim. They aren't accountable to anybody, and they aren't elected by anyone. They could tomorrow flood the markets with $2 TRILLION and drive the value of the dollar down to unprecedented levels.....wait...they've already done that! There are an increasing number of dollars in circulation, but without an increase in productivity, you will see prices start to rise at a faster rate, as competition kicks in. When GDP goes up....inflation will flare with a vengeance.

The coming double dip recession, will hold off inflation...but it won't last forever. The only way the debt will be manageable will be to walk away from it, or to triple the number of dollars available....which would translate to be a nice 30% annual inflation rate over a 10 year or so period. So the "debt" will only be a 1/3rd of the size, but your retirement assets will be as well....and oil....how about $15 a gallon gas? Becauase at today's values, a barrel would be over $300.
TexanAtPlay is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #120
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAtPlay View Post
Actually here's how the problem stacked up.

The 16th Amendment overrode the Constitutional prohibition on certain taxes -- before things like Tariffs and other collections funded the government. Of course, it was a much smaller government back then. Big-time "Progressives" were really on board with this, because it proves to be a nearly unlimited source of the means of confiscation of wealth.

The 17th Amendment to the Constitution laid waste to the grand design of the Virginia Compromise. The SENATE was designed to represent the States, specifically the State Legislatures, and to be their voice in the Congress. If a Senator didn't perform the will of the Legislature, they could be REPLACED by that body in favor of one who will. Often they were already elected members of that State body. Once popular vote was forced through for Senators, it left the views of the State government unheard in Federal circles. The argument that the people should decide who represents them is a red herring. They already have representation by the House of Representatives, and of course they ELECT their State Legislatures. With the States unable to get together and overrule Congress, they became feckless, merely tax collecting and distributing branches of the Federal Overlord Masters.

The FINAL blow was the creation of the Federal Reserve. Destruction of the money supply denominated in gold and silver was a long standing aim, because it gave the Federal Reserve control of the currency, without anything tangible to back it. Fiat currency..which can be worthless on a whim. They aren't accountable to anybody, and they aren't elected by anyone. They could tomorrow flood the markets with $2 TRILLION and drive the value of the dollar down to unprecedented levels.....wait...they've already done that! There are an increasing number of dollars in circulation, but without an increase in productivity, you will see prices start to rise at a faster rate, as competition kicks in. When GDP goes up....inflation will flare with a vengeance.

The coming double dip recession, will hold off inflation...but it won't last forever. The only way the debt will be manageable will be to walk away from it, or to triple the number of dollars available....which would translate to be a nice 30% annual inflation rate over a 10 year or so period. So the "debt" will only be a 1/3rd of the size, but your retirement assets will be as well....and oil....how about $15 a gallon gas? Becauase at today's values, a barrel would be over $300.
There is another way out. Regardless of what any government or law says, every currency on the planet rides a petroleum standard. Put EPA back on a short chain, open every available field in the US and our coastal waters and drill. The only way to come out of this whole is to become not just "independent" of foreign oil, but an exporter of oil.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women