Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60417
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41747
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36105
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-12-2020, 09:31 AM   #106
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Here's an anecdotal story for you.

My real name is somewhat racially ambiguous. It would be easy to assume that I may be a WOC if you just see my name and not me. When I was first venturing back into my profession-- my address was in a neighborhood that is predominantly black. When I started sending out resumes, I used to include my entire address. But, I wasn't receiving any calls. I took my resume in to a professional. He looked at me, looked at the address and told me to remove my street address and just put my city. Within 3 weeks I had multiple interviews and 2 offers. Coincidental? Perhaps. But when another person tells me to do something because he has seen the issue many times before.... obviously its not "just" me.
That is an excellent example - I have a counter example.

My niece somehow was given a name that sounds very black, though I believe the intent was a religious one. In any case, she received a conditional acceptance into law school and received a modest scholarship sight unseen based upon her resume and a phone interview - she did have very good undergraduate grades. When she showed up and to their horror, they saw she was white, they had to honor it to not look bad.

I laughed my ass off over that.

I would bet in a government job that a black name is a ticket to interviews. She (my niece) has a good staff job in the capitol now - admittedly, she is smart and works hard, but that name of hers opens doors.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:05 AM   #107
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Its only a ticket to interviews if they are too far below "quota". And only in certain industries. Clearly it must be a detriment in my field-- because I couldn't get any traction until I removed my address from my resume. Side note-- in government... its probably not her name as much as it is her gender that helps. Even white women are sometimes aided by affirmative action quotas if the employer has a history of not having enough female employees.

So.. your niece, with hard work, got into law school, got a scholarship, got to keep said scholarship.. and that somehow equates to affirmative action? I'm not following. Was the scholarship a minority scholarship? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #108
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Its only a ticket to interviews if they are too far below "quota". And only in certain industries. Clearly it must be a detriment in my field-- because I couldn't get any traction until I removed my address from my resume. Side note-- in government... its probably not her name as much as it is her gender that helps. Even white women are sometimes aided by affirmative action quotas if the employer has a history of not having enough female employees.

So.. your niece, with hard work, got into law school, got a scholarship, got to keep said scholarship.. and that somehow equates to affirmative action? I'm not following. Was the scholarship a minority scholarship? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious.
It was the opposite to where you were discriminated against because your name sounded black. It helped her get her foot in the door with a black sounding name. They didn't really want to help a white woman - they wanted a woman of color.

I'm sure she got points for not being a white man, though.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #109
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Affirmative action might have started out with good intentions but it produced ass clowns like Don Lemon. As a gay black man he can say or do anything he wants with total impunity. Was this the intent of affirmative action? Of course not but this is what we get when we let leftist take control.
FunMonday is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:02 PM   #110
Aoi
meh

Encounters: 170

Jussie Smollett.

Nuff said
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #111
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Let me guess. An ALL WHITE grand jury indicted Jussie Smollett again after a white prosecutor dropped the original false police reports.lol
Old 05-12-2020, 02:13 PM   #112
Aoi
meh

Jussie Smollett used white privilege to sue himself after he assaulted himself.
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:44 PM   #113
Havana Daydreamer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

There was damning video & the co-conspirators confessed......
Havana Daydreamer is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #114
neighbordude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

deleted
neighbordude is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #115
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Another thing white people love to do.

Pull out that ONE EXAMPLE that supports their case, despite the other 99% going against their case. Ohhh, and we're supposed to take that one example as the golden truth, and dismiss that 99% against.

It's so tiresome to hear.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #116
Aoi
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Creed View Post

Pull out that ONE EXAMPLE that supports their case, despite the other 99% going against their case. Ohhh, and we're supposed to take that one example as the golden truth, and dismiss that 99% against.

Stop whining.
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:43 PM   #117
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Well if I had to list all the shenanigans of the likes of Jesse Jackson, Don Lemon, and the esteemed John Wylie Price it would be a long night. And no I don’t hate black people. I dislike assholes regardless of race and especially if they are hypocritical asshole politicians or in the media who believe they can act with impunity.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:04 PM   #118
Aoi
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMonday View Post
Well if I had to list all the shenanigans of the likes of Jesse Jackson, Don Lemon, and the esteemed John Wylie Price it would be a long night. And no I don’t hate black people. I dislike assholes regardless of race and especially if they are hypocritical asshole politicians or in the media who believe they can act with impunity.
You forgot Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters and Lebron James.
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:45 AM   #119
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Creed View Post

Racist in and of itself - rc.

Just following in the footsteps of the above mentioned race-baiters.

Since u can read minds of white folks - why are you not at the forefront of improving race relations- rather than throwing mud and anger????
Or, is it that only White Folks are Racist - and U are looking for a reparations lifetime support handout???
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #120
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Racist in and of itself - rc.

Just following in the footsteps of the above mentioned race-baiters.

Since u can read minds of white folks - why are you not at the forefront of improving race relations- rather than throwing mud and anger????
Or, is it that only White Folks are Racist - and U are looking for a reparations lifetime support handout???
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am.

What's up wit' those reparations?!?!?

Where's my damn check??? $100 million. Quit playing!!

In all seriousness, DID YOU KNOW...that then plantation owners got reparations for losing slaves, but the slaves got nothing???

So, in reality, because Y'ALL have been kicking this can down the road so much, it really is an actual debt that is owed.

160 years worth of unpaid bills and figure in compound interest, boy, oh boy, the amount is probably in the hundreds of billions.

But I'm a fair guy, you know. Tell you what, just cut me a check of, say, a lousy $10M and we can call it even.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women