Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47609
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #106
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
A bipartisan meeting was offered and accepted. Nothing was said agreeing to a bipartisan decision. No president has ever agreed that bills must be bipartisan.

The repubs didn't ask for or offer up any compromises.

They had alternatives completely different from the dem's ideas.

When the majority party puts forth a deal and the minority party won't negotiate with them and only holds up their version, the results are very predictable.

The repubs didn't seek a bipartisan agreement to make Obama a one term President. It's obvious that America isn't on their focused agenda.
Any legislation that requires bribery to get even 60% agreement is bad legislation. Yes, I believe that should be true when the Republicans are in the majority also.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #107
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default give it up dude

great response, attacking me for my handle as if that proves anything and assessing me a 3 second attention span from where? who knows. and yeah the "full of shit" comment, i know nothing about debate and i dont read, real nice and very convincing, your arguments. your debate style is replete with personal attacks and swearing, is that impressing anyone? maybe it makes you feel good to let out all the demons but so much for a decent discussion.

in your response you ascribe to me things i never said, that obama constantly interrupted, well he did a few times, however. and somehow you say my memory doesnt remember a link where i read them, well whered you get that? I didnt read a link or anything to remember them, i remembered them from watching cpan when it happened

but one of the biggest things you havent been able to grasp so far is my original post was sarcastic and in the line of a parody but as i said..it was fairly close

the "summit" went on for 7 and a half hours, and after a while it was too much to stomach so i didnt watch it all, it was pointless. that was COG's point and mine in my original post.

you say you posted the link of the meeting, so why was my post bullshit when you had already posted a link? all you have to do is read it or watch it or whatever it was you posted.

below i have gone through it and copied direct quotes that substantiate what i posted. and yes the meeting was contentious and yes i think obama is a weasel and it was merely political (the meeting) and how obama responded was brusque at times and at times uncourteous. you dont think so , thats fine, you love him, i dont. i see and feel the pain of him and you see and feel the delight of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
john mccain was there...filmed by the c span...went something like this.... john mcain, "mr. president, i feel that there are several issues we need to discuss and...".... obama snaps, "the election is over john!" and he goes on to talk forever about his talking points
From the raw transcript:

THE PRESIDENT: Let me just make this point, John, because we're not campaigning anymore. The election is over.
Quote:
lamar alexander, "mr. president we have these concerns, we have discussed issues with many governors and....".... obama chuckles, " the bill on the floor that my friend Lamar is lamenting here has significant input from the Republicans." and he goes on to talk forever about his talking points
From the transcript:

SENATOR ALEXANDER: .......As a former governor, I also want to try to represent governors' views. They have a big stake in it. I know you met with some governors just the last few days......

THE PRESIDENT: But as I said, we've adopted a lot of the ideas that we've heard from your side of the aisle. So I hope maybe you could say, well, those are the ones that we think are good ideas; here are the things that we think are bad ideas, as opposed to just painting in broad brush.

(there is another section somewhere where he more closely states what i said, but here obama says he adopted repub ideas and he also says "as i said" so he said it before also)

Quote:
paul ryan, "mr. president, one reason Democrats are saying their bills will reduce the deficit is because they put in a separate piece of legislation the very costly idea of fixing the formula by which Medicare pays doctors and hospitals. If you add that in, this bill would not even be close to deficit neutral." obama dodging, "we disagree about the numbers and now about Medicare Advantage....." and he goes on to talk forever about that
From the transcript:

OBAMA: I'm going to call on Xavier Becerra, but I just want to follow up on a couple points. There are some strong disagreements on the numbers here, Paul, and, you know, but I don't want to get too bogged down in -- the first question I have is whether your side thinks Medicare Advantage is working well.

Quote:
various repubs, "mr. president...." obama without patience. "its not time for your talking points" and he goes on to talk forever about his talking points
he said that, i just quit looking for it, you have a browser like you said look for it.

Quote:
it went eerily like the above and is a paraphrase but fairly close
and so it goes

obviously you should feel chagrined, but im sure you dont

here is one guys analysis of the healthcare meeting which i think goes to COG's point of transparency and obama breaking that promise and how conservatives feel about being shut out. when a major change is made to america, like taking over 1/6th of the nations economy, it would be nice to not ram down one-side's wants only but to find a way to bind the nation into one, and for a majority of the american people to have agreement with what was passed. but that wasnt the case, it was a heavy handed one side only take over without support of the american people, poll after poll showed that. it was accomplished because he had control of the congress.

Paul Ryan was one of the few bright spots during the 7 and a half hour long “bipartisan” Health Care Summit. I wasn’t able to watch as much as I wanted because of my work schedule, but what I did hear was more of the same. From the Democrats, it was sob stories and ideas based on emotions. From the Republicans, it was tort reform, buying insurance across state lines and anger at the President and Democrats for shutting them out of the process and breaking promises of transparency.
Even though the Republicans gave some great ideas, we all know that Obama isn’t going to incorporate any of them. This health care summit was designed to make Obama and the Democrats look good and the Republicans look bad. Unfortunately for Obama, I think it backfired on him. Several Republicans, in addition to Paul Ryan, had some great things to say and I’ll try to post some of them as I’m able. I also got the impression that the Republicans knew more about Obama’s plan than Obama did. They definitely came prepared.
If you missed Congressman Ryan, you can listen to him by clicking on this link —> Paul Ryan Health Care
He lays out the reasons why conservatives are opposed to the Obama’s health care plan while at the same time advocating for free market solutions to health care.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #108
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddayadda View Post
Wow!

Don't hold back Big Louie, tell us what you really think!

Considering the Dems have been in power the last three years (two years with a super majority in both houses) whats the bitch? Did the big bad Republicans take away Barak's check book? Lots of other Presidents have dealt with split houses and they seemed to do OK....take Bill Clinton for example....Obama is a bad executive...he isn't mean, he isn't stupid, he IS a good speech maker and some of his idea's are OK, but he cannot implement, he cannot bend or compromise, so the opposition is forced to do the same.
He had his chance and I don't think 4 more years of Bumbling Barak will bring this country out of the ditch...a ditch both parties put us in by the way.....
So keep on screaming and yelling, call some more names, make fun of peoples religion and lifestyle......Why does it bother anyone how many wives Gingrich has? But ol Bill can be getting blow jobs from 22 year old interns?
Your views are very shrill an self serving....and I don't hate you either.

Nailed It!

Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #109
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
I do not hate Obama. I hate his politics and worldview.

I do not hate gays; I just wish they would go back into the closet and stop demanding to be considered normal or mainstream. They are neither. If they want to be butt-pirates, fine. I just don't want to know about it or more precisely my kids to know about it.

I do not hate labor unions; I just think they have out-lived their usefulness and are now nothing more than corrupt pieces of garbage more akin to organizes crime than organized labor.

I do not hate women; I just think that an unborn US citizen should have the same Constitutional rights as a born US citizen. Women need to get over it when they say it is their body and they have a right to do as they please. No, it is not JUST their body. It is also the host for the body of another living human being.

Now, I do hate Muslims (in general). 19 Muslims attacked us on Sept 11th and the Muslim world celebrated. I can never forgive that. There were very few Muslims who publicly condemned the attacks. Those that sat in silence were giving their tacit approval for the attacks. Much like the German nation had to pay a huge price for Hitler's atrocities because the German people did nothing, the same can be said for the Muslim population.

Nailed It!

Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #110
JDNorthface
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaximander View Post
You have no idea what is in the actual scriptures
not that it matters as you evidently think you
are more moral than the Lord anyway.
To whit the scriptures talk about your ilk
quite a bit....
Those would be the same scriptures that talk about loving God and loving our brothers being the greatest commandments? We weren't given a pass on those commandments because we don't approve of someone's behavior.
JDNorthface is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women