Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70491
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-02-2021, 10:49 PM   #106
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Tax increase discussion among policymakers seems to be moving slowly, but ...

It's beginning to look less and less likely that progressives will get anything close to the tax hikes they desire.
Predictable. Spineless politicians whose only guiding principle is to be re-elected aren't eager to inflict pain on any of their constituents. They may demagogue against the 1%, but when the chips are down they know who their major campaign donors are.

It's sooo much easier to spend, spend, spend on more freebies for your constituents than it is to raise everyone's taxes to pay for them.

We're looking at federal deficits of $2 trillion plus for as far as the eye can see.

Bottom line is we're fucked - unless MMT is validated and we can somehow spend ourselves into oblivion without triggering runaway inflation and dethroning the US dollar as global reserve currency.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:00 AM   #107
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I see where Schumer said something like this in 2012. Are you aware of anything he's said more recently?

I would like to dedicate the rest of this post to Chung Tran and SpeedRacer. You are intelligent and good writers, and I always enjoy reading your posts. Except for the one about the 300 pound pregnant lactating ghetto hooker on her period that Chung Tran banged in a Redbird Roach Motel: https://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=2675863

However, on the subject of tax policy, you gentlemen have lived your lives in darkness. I sincerely hope that this parable from Captain Midnight's link will enable you to know the truth, so that you may live your remaining years in a state of enlightenment. Higher and higher taxes are not a good thing. They kill the goose that laid the golden egg:

When a tax is levied on buyers, the demand curve shifts downward in accordance with the size of the tax. Similarly, when tax is levied on sellers, the supply curve shifts upward by the size of tax. When the tax is imposed, the price paid by buyers increases, and the price received by seller decreases. Therefore, buyers and sellers share the burden of the tax, regardless of how it is imposed. Since a tax places a "wedge" between the price buyers pay and the price sellers get, the quantity sold is reduced below the level that it would be without tax. To put it another way, a tax on good causes the size of market for that good to decrease.

For example, suppose that Will is a cleaner who is working in the cleaning service company and Amie hired Will to clean her room every week for $100. The opportunity cost of Will's time is $80, while the value of a clean house to Amie is $120. Hence, each of them get same amount of benefit from their deal. Amie and Will each receive a benefit of $20, making the total surplus from trade $40.

However, if the government were to decide to impose a $50 tax upon the providers of cleaning services, their trade would no longer benefit them. Amie would not be willing to pay any price above $120, and Will would no longer receive a payment that exceeds his opportunity cost. As a result, not only do Amie and Will both give up the deal, but Amie has to live in a dirtier house, and Will does not receive his desired income. They have thus lost amount of the surplus that they would have received from their deal, and at the same time, this made each of them worse off to the tune of $40 in value.

Government revenue is also affected by this tax: since Amie and Will have abandoned the deal, the government also loses any tax revenue that would have resulted from wages. This $40 is referred to as the deadweight loss. It causes losses for both buyers and sellers in a market, as well as decreasing government revenues. Taxes cause deadweight losses because they prevent buyers and sellers from realizing some of the gains from trade.

Tiny, not sure what I've said in the past on tax policy with which you disagree. I have recently said I support raising the corporate tax to about 25% but not the 28% I believe Biden is proposing. I have also recently said I don't know the plans for paying for all the proposed spending.

To what comments are you referring?
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:36 AM   #108
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Predictable. Spineless politicians whose only guiding principle is to be re-elected aren't eager to inflict pain on any of their constituents. They may demagogue against the 1%, but when the chips are down they know who their major campaign donors are.

It's sooo much easier to spend, spend, spend on more freebies for your constituents than it is to raise everyone's taxes to pay for them.

We're looking at federal deficits of $2 trillion plus for as far as the eye can see.

Bottom line is we're fucked - unless MMT is validated and we can somehow spend ourselves into oblivion without triggering runaway inflation and dethroning the US dollar as global reserve currency.
It’s been in the works for years;

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ru...-dollar-assets
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #109
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Tiny, not sure what I've said in the past on tax policy with which you disagree. I have recently said I support raising the corporate tax to about 25% but not the 28% I believe Biden is proposing. I have also recently said I don't know the plans for paying for all the proposed spending.

To what comments are you referring?
Apologies SpeedRacer. I just did a search of old threads and indeed you're not in desperate need of enlightenment on taxes. I was thinking about this exchange, and my memory had faded,

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1061430824

You see, I thought I'd hooked you and was going to reel you in. You were to be the first convert to the Free Markets Church of Tiny. But I couldn't quite get you there. Although I tried. I really tried.

That said, I would much rather be governed by people like you instead of the the current bunch in Washington. You're a reasonable person. If you ever run for office, please let me know and I'll contribute to your campaign, unless you're running against someone like Gary Johnson.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #110
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post

I read that Biden's own budget, including both his proposed spending and proposed tax increases, calls for net federal debt (debt owned by the public) to be 117% of GDP around 10 years from now.

What worries me as much as the debt is the transition of the USA from comparatively low government expenditures and low taxes to something like France.

I recently completed my Greatest Piece of Work for eccie, a comparison of the five developed countries with the lowest government expenditures as a % of GDP (Low Spending Countries) to the five with the highest (High Spending Countries). This will be the subject of a future thread. I fully expect to be awarded the Nobel Price in Economics for this, even though I'm not an economist.

Here's a teaser. The high spending countries are France, Finland, Denmark, Belgium and Italy. And the low spending countries are Ireland, the USA, Switzerland, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

The low spending countries happen to be the five wealthiest in the world, in per capita terms, when you kick out tiny countries and petrostates.

Here are comparative numbers:

Low Spending Countries:
Average GDP per capita, adjusted for purchasing power, 2019: $78,300 per person
Average GDP annual growth, 2010 to 2019: 3.8%
Average Government Expenditures as a % of GDP in 2018: 25.2%
Average Government Revenues as a % of GDP in 2018: 25.5%

High Spending Countries:
Average GDP per capita, adjusted for purchasing power, 2019: $53,665
Average annual GDP growth, 2010 to 2019: 1.3%
Average Government Expenditures as a % of GDP: 52.4%
Average Government Revenues as a % of GDP: 51.3%

So GDP per capita for the Low Spending Countries is 46% higher than the High Spending Countries. And average GDP growth was almost 3X higher! Although admittedly without Ireland and Singapore, average GDP growth would have only been 80% higher.

Every one of the Low Spending Countries outperformed the High Spending Countries in both average GDP growth and GDP per capita, with one exception. Denmark's average annual GDP growth was 2%, and Switzerland's was 1.92%.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:33 PM   #111
DesWad
Legit poster

Encounters: 49

We need to keep Trump in office as long as possible, perhaps until his death so that these kinds of problems can be solved.
DesWad is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #112
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTickler View Post
We need to keep Trump in office as long as possible, perhaps until his death so that these kinds of problems can be solved.
Trump would bankrupt this shit show. Maybe he already has?????
Old 06-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #113
DesWad
Legit poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Trump would bankrupt this shit show. Maybe he already has?????
when did you flip sides?
Old 06-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #114
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
when did you flip sides?
I didn’t. I think he would bankrupt this country due to fraudulent spending. Doesn’t China hold most of our debt? DUH, do you actually think your taxes go to the US government? No, to the Central banking system. I guess you’re not paying attention. Putin kicked the central bank out and restored to the gold standard in Russia. China is also doing some moves. Bottomline, the dollar will not be the fiat currency in the world. The sooner we get on the gold standard the better. Joey Bribes is printing fake money.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:05 PM   #115
DesWad
Legit poster

Quote:
I didn’t. I think he would bankrupt this country due to fraudulent spending. Doesn’t China hold most of our debt? DUH, do you actually think your taxes go to the US government? No, to the Central banking system. I guess you’re not paying attention. Putin kicked the central bank out and restored to the gold standard in Russia. China is also doing some moves. Bottomline, the dollar will not be the fiat currency in the world. The sooner we get on the gold standard the better. Joey Bribes is printing fake money.
Trump wanted to be back on the gold standard. China has been dumping US debt for about 5 years now. It will take them about 40 more years to dump it too...So you are a non Trump supporting Republican? Trump may have said some stupid shit but he did more for this nation than any other President since the Roosevelt days.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:15 PM   #116
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Trump wanted to be back on the gold standard. China has been dumping US debt for about 5 years now. It will take them about 40 more years to dump it too...So you are a non Trump supporting Republican? Trump may have said some stupid shit but he did more for this nation than any other President since the Roosevelt days.
Hey, give Bambino a break, I'm the only non Trump supporting Republican on this site. Just kidding about giving him a break, I'm almost 100% sure he agrees with everything you've written in this thread. When he said "bankrupt the shit show" he probably means "end the spending lunacy," not "bankrupt the country."
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #117
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

Shit don't cost much get a garden and use it as fertilizer.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:20 AM   #118
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripmany View Post
Shit don't cost much get a garden and use it as fertilizer.
Thanks for the advice. I’ve made it clear in this forum that I prefer to shit on my neighbor’s lawn. Please see Vitaman’s “A new low for Trump supporters” thread.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:40 AM   #119
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Apologies SpeedRacer. I just did a search of old threads and indeed you're not in desperate need of enlightenment on taxes. I was thinking about this exchange, and my memory had faded,

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1061430824

You see, I thought I'd hooked you and was going to reel you in. You were to be the first convert to the Free Markets Church of Tiny. But I couldn't quite get you there. Although I tried. I really tried.

That said, I would much rather be governed by people like you instead of the the current bunch in Washington. You're a reasonable person. If you ever run for office, please let me know and I'll contribute to your campaign, unless you're running against someone like Gary Johnson.
I remember having the debate a while back and I think both of us made very reasonable defenses of our positions. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. There are many people who are much more astute on issues than I am and I will give them credit when due.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:15 AM   #120
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Say what?!?

Russia has not gone on the gold standard, and neither has China. And neither will.

Both nations have been accumulating gold reserves and seemingly are intent on continuing to do so in the future. But that isn't remotely tantamount to placing the nation's currency on anything resembling the classical gold standard.

And, no, China does not "hold most of our debt." (Only a very small percentage of it.)

And somehow you believe that "the sooner we get on the gold standard, the better?" Seriously?

Do you realize what that means? Great Depression 2.0, overnight.

No politician is going there, obviously. Severe financial crises and economic depressions don't exactly make a big hit with voters!

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women