Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60030
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2022, 06:52 AM   #106
Loretta77
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Are the cases declining in Canada? I’d assume they are and if so they could easily say the virus is endemic now, this variant is far less fatal, treat it like the flu. Heck they could even say “because of our strict mandates, we’ve defeated the virus. Less severe restrictions now”
Loretta77 is online now   Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:18 AM   #107
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Question - how is this protest or standoff supposed to end?

In the US, the Biden administration tried to implement a vax mandate through OSHA but it was struck down by the SCOTUS (except for healthcare workers).

What is the legal status of the mandates in Canada and how would they be repealed there, assuming Trudeau and others (at both the national and Provincial levels) reversed course and agreed to repeal them?
From all that I have read and can tell, Trudeau and his government have to lift the mandate. I have not read (although perhaps I missed them) any court cases similar to the US challenging the status. So I assume that Trudeau basically has dictator like powers in this regard. And he can enforce any cross border mandate because unlike Senile Biden and the border with Mexico, Canada secures its border

So it seems the only way to get Trudeau to reverse course is public pressure like this
berryberry is online now   Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:20 AM   #108
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta77 View Post
Are the cases declining in Canada? I’d assume they are and if so they could easily say the virus is endemic now, this variant is far less fatal, treat it like the flu. Heck they could even say “because of our strict mandates, we’ve defeated the virus. Less severe restrictions now”
To many libtards - in the US and Canada, lockdowns, vax mandates, masks all about power and control. The tyrants don't want to give up any of this control
Old 02-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #109
berryberry
Valued Poster

LOL - bring it on you libtard fucktard tyrant

Trudeau Government Threatens to Criminally Target Americans Who Donated to the Freedom Convoy 2022
Old 02-08-2022, 10:21 AM   #110
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
You can now donate at GiveSendGo, F gofundme that blocked the money to the people of Canada.

Facebook has blocked a similar group in America, F Facebook
Yep. The Freedom Truckers have raised over $5.5 million via GiveSendGo in just a few days since the Corrupt Canadian Government and GoFraudMe conspired to steal their funds
Old 02-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #111
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Most of the mandates are provincial or territorial. Not from Trudeau. Not that facts matter.

And ironically, many of the restrictions have been easing recently. There's also polling that still shows strong support for many of the mandates and government actions among Canadians even as they, like we, grow weary of the pandemic phase and see that we're entering the endemic phase.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 11:01 AM   #112
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Most of the mandates are provincial or territorial. Not from Trudeau. Not that facts matter.
The Cross Border Vaccine Mandate that is the main subject of and started the whole Freedom Trucker protest was imposed by Trudeau. Because you know, facts matter
Old 02-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #113
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Facts matter to me. So if I'm hauling a load from Alberta to Quebec, do I need to show a vax card to cross Provincial lines? I don't think so. They don't stop traffic at Provincial borders. Do you need to show a vax card before you can pick up the load?

I read 85% of Canadian truckers are vaxxed so what's the big deal? Why force the other 15% to quit their jobs over a pandemic that is rapidly diminishing?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #114
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Which is cute and all, since you detected my sarcasm. But once it morphed into removing all COVID restrictions, the primary driver shifted and it's no longer just about the Jan 15 mandate. Hasn't been for over a week.

So get your facts straight.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #115
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
There's also polling that still shows strong support for many of the mandates and government actions among Canadians
Hey Gristle - I am sure you missed this - because you know, facts matter:

Majority of Canadians want COVID restrictions lifted: Poll

A majority of Canadians now say it is time to end COVID restrictions, according to an Angus Reid poll, a sharp increase from when the same question was asked in early January.

The latest poll, taken Jan. 27-28, found 54% want restrictions to be lifted compared to just 39% who wanted restrictions lifted when the same question was asked two weeks earlier.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ns-lifted-poll
Old 02-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #116
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Check the others as well, berry. Don't just cherry pick the ones you like
Old 02-08-2022, 12:22 PM   #117
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
...it's no longer just about the Jan 15 mandate. Hasn't been for over a week.

So get your facts straight.

Ok, I did a search on the Jan. 15 mandate. It's complicated. The vax mandate only applies to US-Canadian cross-border traffic and Canadian truckers are exempted from it. So wtf are they protesting about? Sounds like unvaxxed US truckers are the ones being shut out by this.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ts-2022-01-13/
Old 02-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #118
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Ok, I did a search on the Jan. 15 mandate. It's complicated. The vax mandate only applies to US-Canadian cross-border traffic and Canadian truckers are exempted from it. So wtf are they protesting about?

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ts-2022-01-13/
It's interesting what happens when a narrative gets co-opted, isn't it? Some are now looking for a full repeal of all COVID mandates. Some want Trudeau's government to step down.

And then there's whatever Berry wants
Old 02-08-2022, 12:45 PM   #119
Chase7
Valued Poster

Ottawa will allow 50% capacity Feb 21 for NHL games.

Canada basically has one sport and the liberals have also ruined that for everyone.
I’m surprised there’s not more done about that in Canada, by the people.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #120
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
It's interesting what happens when a narrative gets co-opted, isn't it? Some are now looking for a full repeal of all COVID mandates. Some want Trudeau's government to step down.

And then there's whatever Berry wants
Berry wants what we all want - to be able to drive to Toronto and fuck hot Canadian providers again.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women