Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453053
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40460
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #91
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I think WE is the perfect argument against "intelligent" design. He proves more the theory of "delayed evolution."
COG- how would delayed evolution work? Take a simple animal like a Giraffe- scientist say the Giraffe "evolved it's long neck- how could it be- the giraffe has a unique design- it has a certain membrane it it's brain that prevents it from passing out when it bends it's long neck down for a sip of water and brings it back up- if it didn't have that membrane it's blood pressure would fall so rapidly that it would pass out. How does that get evolved? It had to have always been there since day one- things like that you can't pass on or "evolve" in a delayed fashion.
Look at it this way- if the Giraffe at one time didn't have that membrane- then there must have been a period where a giraffe was drinking water and all of a sudden a lion approaches when the giraffe lifts it's head it would have passed out and then gets devoured by the lion- so how does it pass on that gene if it gets eaten every time?

How does a Woodpecker not scramble it's brain every time it drills its beak into a tree??? Well I will tell you- someone or some entity intelligently designed the woodpecker where it is able to drill it's beak into a tree without having a massive headache- you just don't "evolve" those types of abilities- it's designed by the creator.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #92
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Osteen is a fucking predator.

But here's one of the shitheads who started it all, at his best!

Yssup is just pissed because he sent him a $1000 dollars
and only got back a sack of beans.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #93
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Oh, I see

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9r3bM1eNQ
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #94
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:

COG- how would delayed evolution work? Take a simple animal like a Giraffe- scientist say the Giraffe "evolved it's long neck- how could it be- the giraffe has a unique design- it has a certain membrane it it's brain that prevents it from passing out when it bends it's long neck down for a sip of water and brings it back up- if it didn't have that membrane it's blood pressure would fall so rapidly that it would pass out. How does that get evolved? It had to have always been there since day one- things like that you can't pass on or "evolve" in a delayed fashion.
Look at it this way- if the Giraffe at one time didn't have that membrane- then there must have been a period where a giraffe was drinking water and all of a sudden a lion approaches when the giraffe lifts it's head it would have passed out and then gets devoured by the lion- so how does it pass on that gene if it gets eaten every time?

How does a Woodpecker not scramble it's brain every time it drills its beak into a tree??? Well I will tell you- someone or some entity intelligently designed the woodpecker where it is able to drill it's beak into a tree without having a massive headache- you just don't "evolve" those types of abilities- it's designed by the creator.
Not necessarily so.

In your giraffe example, the membrane may have started to evolved first. It allowed the evolution of the longer neck in parallel. Not only one change has to happen at a time.

Why can’t people accept the idea that evolution may be the tool that a divine being used to produce diversity? Personally, I see no reason that a god must have created things with abrupt discontinuities, smoke, and blaring trumpets.

“Creation” is about Why; “Evolution” is about How. They are not contradictory unless you are one of the folks who believes that oral history told in parables is supposed to be literal (and in that case trying to discuss anything is a waste of breath).

“Intelligent Design” is nothing more than creationism in sheep’s clothing—just because you claim to be a non-religious theory doesn’t make you one.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #95
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Thank god (snicker), we have a biblical scholar and a naturalist to help us all out. I do have a question, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #96
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

“Pre-adaptation”! A creature is born with a genetic deformity – e.g., a more pointed beak or an extended neck – that allows it to better exploit a niche in its environment. That beneficial, mutated gene is subsequently passed on to its offspring and, eventually, over the course of thousands of generations that beneficial genetic-mutation becomes more accentuated and/or results in the origin of a creature quite unlike its original forebear. That is evolution.

Furthermore, and as others have already posted, the theory of evolution does not necessarily proscribe the existence of a divine intelligence: or vice versa.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #97
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
“Pre-adaptation”! A creature is born with a genetic deformity – e.g., a more pointed beak or an extended neck – that allows it to better exploit a niche in its environment. That beneficial, mutated gene is subsequently passed on to its offspring and, eventually, over the course of thousands of generations that beneficial genetic-mutation becomes more accentuated and/or results in the origin of a creature quite unlike its original forebear. That is evolution.

Furthermore, and as others have already posted, the theory of evolution does not necessarily proscribe the existence of a divine intelligence: or vice versa.
Yep.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #98
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Quote:

Not necessarily so.

In your giraffe example, the membrane may have started to evolved first. It allowed the evolution of the longer neck in parallel. Not only one change has to happen at a time.

Why can’t people accept the idea that evolution may be the tool that a divine being used to produce diversity? Personally, I see no reason that a god must have created things with abrupt discontinuities, smoke, and blaring trumpets.

“Creation” is about Why; “Evolution” is about How. They are not contradictory unless you are one of the folks who believes that oral history told in parables is supposed to be literal (and in that case trying to discuss anything is a waste of breath).

“Intelligent Design” is nothing more than creationism in sheep’s clothing—just because you claim to be a non-religious theory doesn’t make you one.
That's not what is stated- the membrane sole purpose is when the giraffe dips it's neck to drink the membrane closes off rapidly thus preventing a rapid drop in blood pressure- it would make no sense for the membrane to have been there if it had a short neck- you are really fishing with that one.

Ask me this OlD T- why can't a Cardinal, Parrot, Crow, raven, or virtually any other bird "jack hammer" it's beak into a tree? If any of those dare to do that- their brains would be scrambled- google the design of a woodpecker- it's brain has "cushions" surrounding it that absorbs the shock- also the woodpecker has a very unique design that actually raps around the inside of it's skill- was that evolved?
So Old T are you telling me the Woodpecker evolved the cushions around it's brain to drill into wood? Aren't there other birds that eat insects inside of trees- why haven't they "evolved" this mechanism?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #99
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #100
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

Si...

.....but I do like to make me some fun of our Evangelicals'

For instance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post

Ask me this OlD T- why can't a Cardinal, Parrot, Crow, raven, or virtually any other bird "jack hammer" it's beak into a tree? If any of those dare to do that- their brains would be scrambled- google the design of a woodpecker- it's brain has "cushions" surrounding it that absorbs the shock- also the woodpecker has a very unique design that actually raps around the inside of it's skill- was that evolved?
Me thinks wellendowed1911 is a Parrot that thinks he is a Woodpecker

Lay off on that ID wellendowed or you gonna scramble your brains beyond repair. You'll wind up a Tea Pot!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #101
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Quote:

Not necessarily so.

Why can't people look at nature and see that things are designed for a reason- A wildebeast, Zebra, Gazelle, antelope- how is it that all of their newborns can run within 5 minutes of life- yet a tiger's, lioness, hyenea's newborn can't run for several months- so are you telling me the Gazele newborn evolved how to run within 5 minutes of birth or did some creator design it to run within 5 minutes after birth to escape predators? Tell me how that gene gets passed on?

Take a look at the Cheetah and compare it to other cats- the Cheetah was clearly DESIGNED for great speed it sure as hell didn't evolve- because predators like the Jaguar, hyena, and leopard would greatly benefit if they could out run their prey- the next fastest cat reaches max speed of 40 mph- the cheetah runs max speed at 70mph- how did it evolve that great speed and the other cat's have not- and remember the Leopard hunts the same prey and lives in the same region as the Cheetah so why didn't the leopard "evolve" super speed?

However, the cheetah has oversized lungs and nostrils to intake great amounts of oxygen. The Cheetah has a flexible spinal chord, the cheetah has the longest tail in the feline family and the tail acts as a rudder to keep its balance. The Cheetah is the only cat in which claws do not retract thus giving it better grip and traction during the chase- please tell me how all of this gets evolved?
Was the cheetah once slow or had average speed and then one day said "geez" it would be great if I could run 70 mph and then all of a sudden they started evolved larger lungs, larger nasal passages flexible spine, long tail- anyone that looks at a Cheetah or watches it in action as it hunts a prey can clearly tell that the Cheetah was DESIGNED-!!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #102
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Si...

.....but I do like to make me some fun of our Evangelicals'

For instance:

Me thinks wellendowed1911 is a Parrot that thinks he is a Woodpecker

Lay off on that ID wellendowed or you gonna scramble your brains beyond repair. You'll wind up a Tea Pot!
lol WTF the proof is in the pudding- most people can't answer simple question- did the woodpecker evolve the ability to drill into wood If so- jeez it must have had an awful headache before that evolutionary skill was in place- everything had to be there or it's not going to happen.

WTF let me show you how flawless it sounds- just say there's species X that according to scientist evolved the ability to withstand sub freezing temperatures- let's say some internal mechanism in the species body got evolved to regulate it's temperature.
So there must have been a time where they didn't have this mechanism and the species would have froze his ass off and thereby couldn't possible pass the gene on- better yet here's a better example- if in the U.S.A today temperature outside were to hit 350 degrees we would all die off from the extreme heat- are you telling me that eventually our bodies would adapt or evolve to withstanding 350 degrees temperature? If so how would that happen if everyone would be dying from heat exhaustion- how are genes getting passed if species are dying?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #103
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Another deep and thoughtful discussion brought to you by the Church of Economic Worship.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #104
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
tell me how all of this gets evolved?
Was the cheetah once slow or had average speed and then one day said "geez" it would be great if I could run 70 mph and then all of a sudden they started evolved larger lungs, larger nasal passages flexible spine, long tail- anyone that looks at a Cheetah or watches it in action as it hunts a prey can clearly tell that the Cheetah was DESIGNED-!!!!!
Yes, it evolved. No it did not happen "one day", but over a long time, in gradual steps. And when it started out, it wasn't a cheetah at all.

But to your point about cheetahs and leopards: different tool sets to take advantage of different parts of the ecological sysyem. Just like football teams or many other things. Just as giraffes and antelope do not fight over the same plants.

However, if you believe as you do, let me ask you this: if god "designed" the cheetah overnight--poof! it just appeared fully formed as it is now--and you believe the cheetah is a superior design than the leopard, then why did a loving god (or "designer") hate the leopard and cause it to live life with an inferior design?

The reality is, WHATEVER answer you come up with, quit being a litteralist and accept that the "design" process may well have had an intelligence behind it but the designer may have chosen to do his/her work over thousands or millions of years, not a few hours. Keep your god as the designer, just don't fixate on putting litteralism into the bible (or Koran, or .... ) and you will find most folks don't disagree with you or laugh at you so hard.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #105
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

The reality is, WHATEVER answer you come up with, quit being a litteralist and accept that the "design" process may well have had an intelligence behind it but the designer may have chosen to do his/her work over thousands or millions of years, not a few hours. Keep your god as the designer, just don't fixate on putting litteralism into the bible (or Koran, or .... ) and you will find most folks don't disagree with you or laugh at you so hard.
i think you'd be better served keeping your faith yours and not tell someone to quit whatever it is you say they are being
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women