Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160737
Yssup Rider60090
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40352
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35469
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #91
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 116

Hmm, I thought pussycat said he was a Democrat. I mean, that would make so much sense, because you know he is all about the Democratic Party's values...

Cap'n Crunch is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #92
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I don't think that is true. Why do you say that?
Since President Trump frequently changes his positions on several issues it is difficult to be 100% up-to-date on his current thoughts. I also believe Trump floats in the wind on certain issues and if public opinion runs counter to his desires, he will bend and give in.

Source: http://www.salon.com/2017/02/02/on-l...ent-convinced/

"In February of last year, early in the GOP primary season, the former reality-TV star assured viewers of Pat Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network that he would find a way to repeal the Supreme Court’s “shocking” Obergefell v. Hodges decision that gave same-sex couples the right to marry nationwide."

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-sex-marriages

“While the marriage decision is unlikely to be overturned in the near future, President-elect Trump has shown every indication to appoint to the supreme court and lower courts judges who will oppose the rights of LGBT people,” said Taylor.

Regarding transgender rights:

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a68713ec94d2

"The Trump administration signaled Friday that it was changing course on the previous administration’s efforts to expand transgender rights, submitting a legal brief withdrawing the government’s objections to an injunction that had blocked guidance requiring that transgender students be allowed to use restrooms that match their gender identity."

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...ts-rights.html

"President Trump on Wednesday rescinded protections for transgender students that had allowed them to use bathrooms corresponding with their gender identity, overruling his own education secretary and placing his administration firmly in the middle of the culture wars that many Republicans have tried to leave behind."
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #93
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ok, this is what you said. ( see below) I did not see where Trump said he was against gay marriage or against transgender equality.
My understanding is that Trump said gay marriage was settled by the Supreme court. And regarding the bathroom issue - he doesn't care who uses the bathroom.
Now other people on his team may have different views. You made it sound like he personally is against these issues. And that is not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Trump is against gay marriage. Trump is against transgender equality. Correct me if those 2 statements are incorrect.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #94
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ok, this is what you said. ( see below) I did not see where Trump said he was against gay marriage or against transgender equality.
My understanding is that Trump said gay marriage was settled by the Supreme court. And regarding the bathroom issue - he doesn't care who uses the bathroom.
Now other people on his team may have different views. You made it sound like he personally is against these issues. And that is not correct.
I think the links I cited made Trump's opinions on the issues quite clear -- at least at one point in time. By wanting to repeal the Obergefell v. Hodges decision that gave same-sex couples the right to marry nationwide it is clear that Trump did not support gay marriage.

And by rescinding protections for transgender students that had allowed them to use bathrooms corresponding with their gender identity shows that he does not support transgender rights.

As I said before, Trump changes his opinions quite often depending on how he perceives the political climate to be. I believe Trump does not support gay marriage but does not want to come out publicly against it at this point in time. Everything he has said in the past makes one believe he supports "traditional" marriages.

I will say that Trump is more LGBT friendly than most other Republican Presidents have been. But I would not consider him a "friend" of LGBT rights. But he is much more open to LGBT issues than VP Pence.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #95
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I'm not following this. Trump said that gay marriage is settled but Roe v. Wade may be overturned. I don't see him doing anything to same sex equality. And isn't that what that case is? So how can he be against gay marriage?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #96
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I think I'm taking you too literally. Are you saying that Trump may elect a supreme court justice who is anti abortion and therefore may also be not friendly to gay rights?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #97
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Image the utter OUTRAGE Republicans would have if ANY Democrat waffled even half as much as Trump does. It's astounding.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/7...hite-house.jpg
Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #98
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Default Trump interviewed by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News

Here is Donald Trump, in his own words, speaking out against gay marriage. Interview by Bill O'Reilly on Fox News, March 30, 2011:

O'REILLY: All right. Gay marriage, favor it?

TRUMP: I'm against it.

O'REILLY: Why?

TRUMP: I just don't feel good about it. I don't feel right about it. I'm against it and I take a lot of heat because I come from New York. You know, for New York it's like, how can you be against gay marriage? But I'm opposed to gay marriage.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #99
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Trump is against transgender equality.
WTF is "transgender equality"? Trannies can use either bathroom, I can only use one. They have more rights than I do!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #100
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

Trump doesn't support gay marriages? ..... and he's against transgender rights? ..... well no wonder I voted for him as that's exactly what I was looking for in a presidential candidate ..... stand up for your convictions when you know they're right .....and above everything else fuck political correctness .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #101
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm not following this. Trump said that gay marriage is settled but Roe v. Wade may be overturned. I don't see him doing anything to same sex equality. And isn't that what that case is? So how can he be against gay marriage?
Trump will not do anything to fight same sex marriage because he knows that the majority of the people now support it. But that does NOT change the fact that he has been against it in the past. Roe v Wade is a totally different issue.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #102
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think I'm taking you too literally. Are you saying that Trump may elect a supreme court justice who is anti abortion and therefore may also be not friendly to gay rights?
Yes. Being against abortion and being against gay marriage are 2 platform planks of the far right. Trump will definitely nominate a person for supreme court justice who is anti-abortion. Whether or not that person will also be anti gay marriage is yet to be seen. That does not seem to be as important an issue to Trump right now.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #103
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
WTF is "transgender equality"? Trannies can use either bathroom, I can only use one. They have more rights than I do!
In all honesty, I am more conservative on the bathroom issue. I think a person should use the facilities matching their plumbing. But to me it's no big deal.

http://www.transequality.org/

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/o...-equality.html
Old 03-22-2017, 02:59 PM   #104
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Mmmm, yum.

So you are saying pussycat is a Democrat who voted for Obama?
I'm a 5th generation Texan borne and raised in Houston. My family's been big in Democratic party politics for generations. We fought on the Confederate side. I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980, for Walter Mondale in 1984, for Michael Dukakis, Bill Clinton twice, but knew from the start that Obama was a fraud. I voted for the Republican ticket in 2008 and 2012, and for Trump. I'm registered in Harris County where my perm. residence is.

The Democratic Party is heterogenous just like the Republicans. There's no such thing as "Democratic Party values" or "Republican Party values."

One thing I like about Trump is that his views are contrary to most positions taken recently by both parties. I like the similarities between himself and Andrew Jackson (a Democrat) and Abe Lincoln (a Republican).

Lincoln's platform was based primarily on these things,

a.limiting immigration
b.federal support of infrastructure
c.raising tariffs on foreign goods

Just like Trump!
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:50 PM   #105
Milly23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I'm a 5th generation Texan borne and raised in Houston. My family's been big in Democratic party politics for generations. We fought on the Confederate side. I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980, for Walter Mondale in 1984, for Michael Dukakis, Bill Clinton twice, but knew from the start that Obama was a fraud. I voted for the Republican ticket in 2008 and 2012, and for Trump. I'm registered in Harris County where my perm. residence is.

The Democratic Party is heterogenous just like the Republicans. There's no such thing as "Democratic Party values" or "Republican Party values."

One thing I like about Trump is that his views are contrary to most positions taken recently by both parties. I like the similarities between himself and Andrew Jackson (a Democrat) and Abe Lincoln (a Republican).

Lincoln's platform was based primarily on these things,

a.limiting immigration
b.federal support of infrastructure
c.raising tariffs on foreign goods

Just like Trump!

I don't need to hear your family history to say, there is something crazy for you to say you knew Obama was a fraud from the beginning. Mostly because he hasn't proven to be a fraud in anyway. I tell you this, your somehow jumping to Obama being a fraud from the jump and you finding appeal in Trump sings of something just a little deeper. I mean, I'm tired of beating around the bush here. You point to your family having ties to the Confederate side, you said you voted for every male Democratic nominee in recent history, when they weren't African American. And your reasoning was you knew he was a fraud from the start. And he was a fraud how? And then you something about Trump just called you to him? Yeah I wonder what's going on there. If you want to call people a fraud from the start, I'm going to say the same thing about Trump.

There are things that are Democratic/Republican party values.

Also, Trump is more different from Lincoln than like him. Way to try to compare him to a historic president but no way. And boy do people love throwing that Lincoln is a Republican thing, kinda how Trump did this week, saying many people don't know that. Maybe if he did some research, he would know why people don't care about that because Lincoln isn't the same kind of Republican as today. Again, the Republicans today are more of the southern Democrats that left the party because leaders in it were trying to bring in the African American voting bloc.
Milly23 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women