Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 251
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160937
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453021
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #91
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
+1
. . . even if only marginally.

Palin is marginally more sane than who?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #92
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Rasputin. But no one ever gave Rasputin a gun.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #93
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Pelosi
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #94
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

The problem with Palin may be that she is very sane ... or at least sane in the sense of winning an election
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #95
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Palin is having the last laugh...at the bank.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #96
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Barbara Boxer comes to mind - unfortunately.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #97
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
This from a man who claims he would "hit it" when discussing Pelosi! A few more recommendations like this and I may just have to vote for her! ;-)
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #98
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
[Back comes Michael Irvin]

Come on, man!!! That is a role/goal of ANY government...ours or anyone else's. The ONLY thing that distinguishes OUR government from others is the when, the how, & the how much....

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defen[s]e, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The Keebler elves don't do/pay for all that.
Re-read it. It doesn't say , "steal from those who make or have money to pay for free stuff for everyone who votes for us."

Armed robbery or "income rediststribution" as the statists like to call it hardly falls under the heading of justice either then, or now, resist it and see how long you have "liberty" as well. And those who think the two words "general Welfare" gives the over reaching government the right to run rough shod over the rest of the document in order to salve their collective class guilt. . . well, let's just say it doesn't lead to my domestic tranquility.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #99
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Nancy , Boxer and Sara in a three-way! I'm an equal opportunity fuc'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
This from a man who claims he would "hit it" when discussing Pelosi! A few more recommendations like this and I may just have to vote for her! ;-)
She won't be running....

...but if it makes you feel any better, I'd fuc Palin too.

Quote:
Barbara Boxer comes to mind - unfortunately.
I'd tap Boxer also.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #100
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'd tap Boxer also.
Take her! Take Barney Frank too! Take ‘em all! Maybe then, they’ll quit screwing the rest of us.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #101
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Take her! Take Barney Frank too! Take ‘em all! Maybe then, they’ll quit screwing the rest of us.
I got my on Frank, I don't need Barney's
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #102
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
I still don't see "redistribute wealth" in that list.
Then lean in a little closer....could be you're just not paying attention...could be you're willfully refusing to see...

ANY method of funding a government is, by definition, a redistribution of wealth amongst the citizens subject to that government. Somebody is going to feel put upon. Somebody is going to think/feel/believe that they are not getting back their $1 worth of benefits & services for every $1 of funding they have to pony up. That's life.

MORE perfect UNION
INSURE domestic TRANQUILITY
provide for the COMMON defense
promote the GENERAL welfare

...all phrases to emphasize that the Articles of Confederation government that the Constitution was replacing lacked sufficient authority to accomplish those goals. That's the case irrespective of however many missives Ayn Rand writes to the contrary...

Call it "redistribution of wealth"...call it "sufficient funding authority within the framework of powers - explicit AND implied - that followed in furtherance of these goals". Call it what you will...the fact remains that authorizing a government...ANY government to do these things empowers that government to fund them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Re-read it. It doesn't say , "steal from those who make or have money to pay for free stuff for everyone who votes for us."

Armed robbery or "income rediststribution" as the statists like to call it hardly falls under the heading of justice either then, or now, resist it and see how long you have "liberty" as well. And those who think the two words "general Welfare" gives the over reaching government the right to run rough shod over the rest of the document in order to salve their collective class guilt. . . well, let's just say it doesn't lead to my domestic tranquility.
Armed robbery??....Seriously???? The Davidian compound is --------> that way...

I'm not a statist...far from it. But a government empowered to act towards an end is a government empowered to fund the means to accomplish it. That was the whole problem with the Articles of Confederation in the first place. Come to the think of it...also the problem with the Confederacy about fourscore years later.

About as simple as it gets... Anyone else who feels SO ripped off...SO put upon by your government....has the ultimate power to vote with one's feet! If you can get a better PERSONAL deal elsewhere...take it!
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #103
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Default I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Then lean in a little closer....could be you're just not paying attention...could be you're willfully refusing to see...

ANY method of funding a government is, by definition, a redistribution of wealth amongst the citizens subject to that government. Somebody is going to feel put upon. Somebody is going to think/feel/believe that they are not getting back their $1 worth of benefits & services for every $1 of funding they have to pony up. That's life.

MORE perfect UNION
INSURE domestic TRANQUILITY
provide for the COMMON defense
promote the GENERAL welfare

...all phrases to emphasize that the Articles of Confederation government that the Constitution was replacing lacked sufficient authority to accomplish those goals. That's the case irrespective of however many missives Ayn Rand writes to the contrary...

Call it "redistribution of wealth"...call it "sufficient funding authority within the framework of powers - explicit AND implied - that followed in furtherance of these goals". Call it what you will...the fact remains that authorizing a government...ANY government to do these things empowers that government to fund them.

Armed robbery??....Seriously???? The Davidian compound is --------> that way...

I'm not a statist...far from it. But a government empowered to act towards an end is a government empowered to fund the means to accomplish it. That was the whole problem with the Articles of Confederation in the first place. Come to the think of it...also the problem with the Confederacy about fourscore years later.

About as simple as it gets... Anyone else who feels SO ripped off...SO put upon by your government....has the ultimate power to vote with one's feet! If you can get a better PERSONAL deal elsewhere...take it!
The purpose of government according to men the Founding Fathers read and chose to emulate.

The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

“The central concept in Rousseau's thought is "liberty," and most of his works deal with the mechanisms through which humans are forced to give up their liberty. At the foundation of his thought on government and authority is the idea of the "social contract," in which government and authority are a mutual contract between the authorities and the governed; this contract implies that the governed agree to be ruled only so that their rights, property and happiness be protected by their rulers. Once rulers cease to protect the ruled, the social contract is broken and the governed are free to choose another set of governors or magistrates. This idea would become the primary animating force in the Declaration of Independence, which is more or less a legal document outlining a breach of contract suit. In fact, all modern liberation discourse at some level or another owes its origin to The Social Contract and Rousseau's earlier treatise, The Discourse on Inequality.”

Second Treatise by John Locke

IF man in the state of nature be so free, as has been said; if he be absolute lord of his own person and possessions, equal to the greatest, and subject to no body, why will he part with his freedom? Why will he give up this empire, and subject himself to the dominion and control of any other power? To which it is obvious to answer, that though in the state of nature he hath such a right, yet the enjoyment of it is very uncertain, and constantly exposed to the invasion of others: for all being kings as much as he, every man his equal, and the greater part no strict observers of equity and justice, the enjoyment of the property he has in this state is very unsafe, very unsecure. This makes him willing to quit a condition, which, however free, is full of fears and continual dangers: and it is not without reason, that he seeks out, and is willing to join in society with others, who are already united, or have a mind to unite, for the mutual preservation of their lives, liberties and estates, which I call by the general name, property. (2nd Tr., §123)

Adam Smith Wealth of Nations

...every individual necessarily labours to render the annual revenue of the society as great as he can. He generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry, he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. Nor is it always the worse for the society that it was no part of it. By pursuing his own interest he frequently promotes that of the society more effectually than when he really intends to promote it. I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the public good.

It is the highest impertinence and presumption, therefore, in kings and ministers to pretend to watch over the economy of private people, and to restrain their expense...They are themselves always, and without exception, the greatest spendthrifts in the society.

Wherever there is great property, there is great inequality. For one very rich man there must be at least five hundred poor, and the affluence of the few supposes the indigence of the many. The affluence of the rich excites the indignation of the poor, who are often both driven by want, and prompted by envy, to invade his possessions. It is only under the shelter of the civil magistrate that the owner of that valuable property, which is acquired by the labour of many years, or perhaps of many successive generations, can sleep a single night in security. - - - The acquisition of valuable and extensive property, therefore, necessarily requires the establishment of civil government.

Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.

The raising of the denomination of the coin [inflation]has been the most usual expedient by which a real public bankruptcy has been disguised under the appearance of a pretended payment.

Nevertheless, Smith was opposed to business people joining together to stifle competition and maintain higher prices. He favored government intervention to prevent this, to prevent various dishonest practices and to promote matters that benefited society. Smith believed the government should ensure competition in the market place. He saw competition as the surest way to create incentives for efficiency.”
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #104
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Beautiful words I B but I don't see any of those philosophical words in the Constitution. What is your point?
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #105
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Beautiful words I B but I don't see any of those philosophical words in the Constitution. What is your point?
Context! Remember, when the Constitution was written, only men with property could vote or hold office. They had no idea suffrage rights would be extended to those who owned no property - those who do not have a vested interest in preserving wealth. The Founding Fathers extrapolated and plagiarized ideas from Locke, Rousseau, Smith, et al, and created both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Those ideas, some of which I listed above, state very clearly that the purpose of government is to preserve property rights and not to redistribute wealth.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women