Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160695
Yssup Rider60027
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47615
pyramider46370
bambino40339
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35427
Mojojo33117

Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #91
guy fawkes
Valued Poster

Encounters: 81

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one"

Just one simple FACT. The US is a republic government not a TRUE Democracy. The electoral college nominates the President. Also this government is RUN by Congress not the president no matter who is in office. The 2 houses must agree. The veto power has limited uses. There is so much money invested by lobbyist.

And from those with interest " Religion should not be in politics" ELECT AN ATHEIST
guy fawkes is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #92
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Guy Fawkes, then why is NOBama using executive privelege to do what he wants? He has no regard for the constitution and does anything he can to bypass it and congress.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #93
guy fawkes
Valued Poster

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Guy Fawkes, then why is NOBama using executive privelege to do what he wants? He has no regard for the constitution and does anything he can to bypass it and congress.
Hummm Really the arguement

http://www.redstate.com/rep_michele_...-is-appalling/

Reality

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cult...n-is-junk.html
guy fawkes is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #94
papitochulo
Valued Poster

Politics always make me sick. Most people argue over things that we have no control over, well we do but only through $$$. The only laws being passed are the ones who benefit financially to a group or another. We don't control the economy by voting, we control it every time we go to the store and spend $$. The housing market, fuel prices even food prices are all controlled by speculation. The only thing that I don't really understand is the asumption that if someone gets any help they are getting a handout. I guess getting a student loan that allows me to be in a higher tax bracket due tomy degree is considered a handout no matter how much interest I paid or how much in taxes I pay. People are usually blinded by their own convictions and fail to see the real numbers and a different reality of what they think they know.
papitochulo is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #95
papitochulo
Valued Poster

Oh yeah didn't Paul Ryan get social security, which he used to go to school? I bet that is not considered a handout.
papitochulo is offline   Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #96
Guest061918
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

This thread is still active...damn!!!! I think I am gonna grab some cheetos in diz house and read some of the newer posts n shiz.
Guest061918 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #97
sundog
Gaining Momentum

I suppose this includes the verifiable falsehoods in the speeches of both Republican candidates. I have signed a petition demanding fact checkers at the debates. I recommend everyone do the same. It's hard enough making informed decisions in a calm environment, but when the cacophony of big money political ads gets going the average voter doesn't stand a chance.
sundog is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #98
sundog
Gaining Momentum

HandyGiraffe, you have nailed it. We bit on Bush tax cuts when we were sold the idea that lower taxes for the uber-rich would lead to more jobs. After eight years in office Bush II left with massive job losses, and an overall record of virtually no job growth at all. Then we got two wars that cost us blood and treasure, as well as the largest government agency in the history of the Republic, the Dept of Homeland Security. Oh, don't forget the Medicare Part D giveaway to Big Pharma, and that big moneymaker for Cheney's Halliburton, KBR's no-bid contracts. Add to that the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping with full complicity from the big telecoms and those freedoms of ours just picked up their hats and coats and slipped out the back door.

CollegeGirl, I respect your right to express your opinion, and I would defend it again if necessary (I'm a vet), but you are sooo off-base with your laudatory comments about Ryan. I am not interested at all in having his 'moral' code jammed down my throat, so I'm not real sweet on him pandering to the religious right.

Just for giggles, look at what the CBO said about the effect of the Ryan Budget on unemployment. Like we need to lose more jobs!

Over the past thirteen Presidential Administrations we've had 7 Republicans and 6 Democrats, and we've created 66 million private sector jobs. 24 million under Republicans. 42 Million under the Dems. There - I did the math for you.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #99
ghost636
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Policy aside i am disgusted by people who would rather burn this country to the ground than have an honest discussion, keep an open mind and compromise if needed. Politics has become a big game with two teams where most people are drawn to the biggest sh1t talkers and cheaters. Its pathetic and abhorrent since we the people are the real losers in the end. Americans lose their job and i have to hear republicans cheer that obama is going to lose. Its embarrassing. Try it for yourself, skim the headlines and see just how little anyone cares about us and how much more they care about power.
Violence breaks out over one racists YouTube video and Americans die and i have to hear the news tell me that its obamas fault???
ghost636 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #100
sundog
Gaining Momentum

Since political influence is determined by economic influence (lobbyists and special interests) it stands to reason that dollars are more important than votes. This is a description of an oligarchy. Also, dollars buy media time, and because most of us work too hard to do research on all of the crap that flies around out there so we succumb to catchy sound bytes that resonate with us personally. That's the 'art' of political advertising - divide the populace into identifiable groups and slam them with what they need to hear, then flash your candidate's face and name in front of them and - voila! - a candidate with no more in common with your interests than a claim of citizenship in your district is 'representing' you.

Our system is broken. I choose to operate under the premise that it is fixable, but we have to get money out of the equation. Romney's comment that corporations are people would be laughable if this race weren't so damned close. If we would all just think for a minute about what that means - if corporations were people we could send BP to jail for negligent homicide for the Gulf eco-disaster. If this trend (corporations are people, that is) is allowed to continue then all of our decisions and all of our rights will be controlled by CEOs and boards of directors. In this current election cycle fewer than 200 individuals have donated over 90% of the money. British oddsmakers are taking bets that Obama will win in November and the odds they are making are running 70 - 30. I'd like to think that would be the result...

CG4U - Paul Ryan has never held a job that wasn't tied to the Federal Government. The one sashay into the private world was his consulting business (lobbying firm) that he abandoned after a year so he could climb back on the bureaucracy train. The guy is as phony as a three dollar bill, and as transparent as cellophane (damn - did I just show my age?) when it comes to the hot button issues that stoke the fires of the evangelicals. I WILL NOT see my country slide into either oligarchy or theocracy. I find it interesting that someone as savvy as you, being in the profession you are in, could think you would benefit from the bible thumpers taking over your government.

Citizens United HAS TO GO. Support MoveToAmend. Support Bernie Sanders. Support someone who will respect your right to choose for yourself, your right to vote. Make your voice heard. Make your voice count!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #101
sundog
Gaining Momentum

BTW - CG4U - I'd love to have the rest of this conversation in person some day! Just because you don't agree with me doesn't change the obvious fact that you are a bright, engaging young lady...smart girls turn me on!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #102
collegegirlforyou
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Alright, like i have said before i don't expect anyone to agree with me and hope that everyone wins in the endeavors they choose no matter what their beliefs or moral compass points at. And if anyone on this board feels that they or this country is in a better spot then they were 4 years ago then you have your answer on who to vote for. Politics only work based off of what people deem successful in their own life. Yes I know there are pessimists that believe that no matter what happens with an election that their lives will not get better and for what it's worth no worse, but i disagree. It's my opinion and it's already been eloquently put what a opinion is worth.
Paul Ryan received social security survivor benefits after his father died when Paul was 16 years old. Paul saved that money and instead of pissing it away or such chose to save up for college and manage to make something of the tragedy that comes with losing a father at a young age. His mother also collects medicare. As hard as i looked i never found a single speech or anything where Paul Ryan deemed social security or medicare as a hand out...and actually unlike democrats serving in the senate, (which the senate still haven't passed a budget) actually has a plan to make sure that future generations have such opportunities. So i guess you're point is that Paul Ryan didn't come from a lot of money and actually made something of nothing....Take a second and tell me how a child from Hawaii who by his own words slacked off in high school paid for an education at Columbia University? If you can answer that, I would be excited to know because i haven't found it. No one has because he was never vetted. If you don't believe that millions of Americans are taking advantage of government entitlements then i honestly believe you are in the minority. I just recently spent a lot of time with my father as he applied for social security (after a stroke that left him half paralyzed) and a lot of people in the office were claiming disability because of drug dependency.
As far as Ryan being a bible thumper so what? Even if he is...So what? What is he going to do? Make prostitution illegal? Oh wait, it is. Freedom of religion seems to do wonders unless you're a Mormon or christian then you're crazy right winger. Seems pretty intolerant coming from the part of peace, love, and intolerance. As far as voting in an atheist i could care less. More power to them!!! I don't look at political issues under a religious microscope like one party does. BTW, making fun of Islam is not racist (look up what a race is), and if you think all of the middle east violence was cause by an old you tube trailer that has been up for months and not because of failed foreign policy then well there's not a lot i can say other then keep watching the daily show. LOL Operation Fast and Furious got people killed, get irate about that.
I don't look at race, religion, soundbites, or any other ambigious subjects when deciding who to vote for. I wish Obama had succeeded, lord knows i think i hated McCain more then i could ever hate Barack, but he failed. I will always vote based off of history and i don't care what party the person is i hope they succeeded. The reason i pick on liberals is because of the undeniable bias in the media. Someone in this thread said they don't like someone jamming morals down their throat mean while they allow anti-morals to be jammed downed their throat via SNL, Music industry, The Daily Show, MSNBC, 30 Rock...etc. etc. It's the same thing it just makes people feel that they are smarter and more elite to make fun of a 2000 year old book and middle America. I mean i hear you guys tear apart Romney and Ryan with the scrutiny that comes when someone being canonized but really take that same set of standards and look at the Obama-Biden Ticket and Obama's cabinet. I mean really? If you guys looked at half of the stuff associated with all that then you guys would be like "wow, do these guys represent what i want?" If so great!! Vote for them without the feeling of intellectual superiority.
I am a very proud mother of a special needs child and under ObamaCare he will suffer due to inavailabilty of doctors and services which has already been told to me by both democrats and republican doctors. So i will vote for the Romney-Ryan Ticket. I have done my homework on my candidates. Have you done any on yours?

And if you're the type that say I don't vote because it doesn't matter then why chime in on a political thread? Opinions are like ass-holes and if you don't vote then yours just doesn't matter, hun.
collegegirlforyou is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #103
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

CollegeGirl, not throwing in the entire thing you wrote as it takes up lots of extra space, but I wonder, if you truly have done your homework on the Republican ticket, why in the world would you or any progressive woman want to vote for two guys who have openly expressed their intent to turn back all the Rights women have gained to the pre-1950s?
Solemate62 is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #104
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate62 View Post
CollegeGirl, not throwing in the entire thing you wrote as it takes up lots of extra space, but I wonder, if you truly have done your homework on the Republican ticket, why in the world would you or any progressive woman want to vote for two guys who have openly expressed their intent to turn back all the Rights women have gained to the pre-1950s?

Please list the rights they are going to take away from women. Yes, they don't support abortion but they are NOT going to take that right away. They could not pass it in Congress and they won't even try.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #105
TrailBlazer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

CollegeGirl, I think I'm in love. Hard to find like-minded providers that have not drank the O Kool-Aid. You ever come to big D I'd love to see you!
For all the others look at how Democratic political wives are treated and cheated vs. how Republican wives are treated. It's very telling.

Laz, You are quoting Steve Martin, not Tom Clancy, lol.
TrailBlazer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women