Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70478
biomed161028
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47765
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2024, 04:41 PM   #76
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
I know what I wrote. The point is that trying to write a law that gives a pass to kill a viable life just because a genetic defect might result in a less than optimal outcome is more than a little repugnant. Killing a child because it’s the wrong sex happens all the time in countries that have biases toward male children. That’s why the male to female ratio in china is off. To much pressure to have a male heir and artificial limitations on the number of children a woman can have.

It’s safer overall when writing an abortion bill to limit abortion after the point of viability to just the safety of the mother’s life. Anything else including rape or incest should be discounted.

I’m not a monster. I don’t like the idea of abortion in general but I don’t think it’s my place or the government’s to make that decision for others. However my limit is the point of viability. After that you are killing a child and you better have a damn good reason to do so. Like if going forward with the pregnancy could kill the mother.

Just my opinion.
Other Countries do a lot of things but this thread pertains to ours on the issue of Abortion.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 04:57 PM   #77
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
No Iam not. What Health concern are you talking about? There more Health risks with an Abortion than a women going through with a full term pregnancy. You're just concerned about a Freedom or a right issue associated with Abortion. You couldn't justify it if your life depended on it.
Now this is totally false.

See the report. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22270271/

Objective: To assess the safety of abortion compared with childbirth.

Methods: We estimated mortality rates associated with live births and legal induced abortions in the United States in 1998-2005. We used data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System, birth certificates, and Guttmacher Institute surveys. In addition, we searched for population-based data comparing the morbidity of abortion and childbirth.

Results: The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.

Conclusion: Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 04:59 PM   #78
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Other Countries do a lot of things but this thread pertains to ours on the issue of Abortion.
Again I’m just trying to illustrate the dangers of writing a bad law. Bad laws happen all the time. I know because I live in Texas.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:52 PM   #79
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Now this is totally false.

See the report. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22270271/

Objective: To assess the safety of abortion compared with childbirth.

Methods: We estimated mortality rates associated with live births and legal induced abortions in the United States in 1998-2005. We used data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Pregnancy Mortality Surveillance System, birth certificates, and Guttmacher Institute surveys. In addition, we searched for population-based data comparing the morbidity of abortion and childbirth.

Results: The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.

Conclusion: Legal induced abortion is markedly safer than childbirth. The risk of death associated with childbirth is approximately 14 times higher than that with abortion. Similarly, the overall morbidity associated with childbirth exceeds that with abortion.
Yeah, I guess the risk of death to a women during Abortion would be lower when you consider a one ounce fetus is being dismembered and then sucked out of a uterus opposed to a 7 to 8 pound live birth passing through a birth canal considerably smaller. Not all normal births result in death but all Abortions do.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:54 PM   #80
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Again I’m just trying to illustrate the dangers of writing a bad law. Bad laws happen all the time. I know because I live in Texas.
Restricting Abortion isn't necessarily a bad law.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:58 PM   #81
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Yeah, I guess the risk of death to a women during Abortion would be lower when you consider a one ounce fetus is being dismembered and then sucked out of a uterus opposed to a 7 to 8 pound live birth passing through a birth canal considerably smaller. Not all normal births result in death but all Abortions do.
Most abortions are done by pills these days. It's like having a heavy period
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 07:59 PM   #82
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Restricting Abortion isn't a bad law.
Few restrictions aren't bad. Banning abortion is bad
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:27 PM   #83
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Most abortions are done by pills these days. It's like having a heavy period
I would suspect it's a bit more chunky.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:49 PM   #84
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is the final post i’m going to make on this thread. I think i’ve said all I can say on this topic and I don’t think that i’m going to be able to change your mind on this matter. I respect your opinion on this matter but there are more people that agree with me than you. Eventually abortion rights are going to be important in electing candidates that will be able to restore logic back into women’s health laws.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:02 PM   #85
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is the final post i’m going to make on this thread. I think i’ve said all I can say on this topic and I don’t think that i’m going to be able to change your mind on this matter. I respect your opinion on this matter but there are more people that agree with me than you. Eventually abortion rights are going to be important in electing candidates that will be able to restore logic back into women’s health laws.
First of all it shouldn't be important for you to change my mind on this issue or anyone else's for that matter, it certainly isn't important to me to change anyone's mind. As far as others agreeing with you more than me isn't a problem for me at all. I don't require their acceptance of my view point.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:17 PM   #86
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Then don't require others who don't have your view point be forced to accept it.

That is what anti abortionists are doing. Forcing their beliefs on others. Just leave them alone.

They are not bothering you.

This sounds so much like the religious crusades of past centuries.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:53 PM   #87
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Then don't require others who don't have your view point be forced to accept it.

That is what anti abortionists are doing. Forcing their beliefs on others. Just leave them alone.

They are not bothering you.

This sounds so much like the religious crusades of past centuries.
I am not forcing you or anyone else to accept my stance on Abortion. If you feel you are being forced to accept my stance then maybe you should refrain from posting in this thread and replying to my post.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:04 PM   #88
DNinja69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Plenty of women are being forced to accept men's standards when it comes to choices that government has no business sayin NO to.

Now if most Americans did not favor some form of regulated abortion I would be fine with limiting its practice significantly. Last I checked the will of the people is what representatives are tasked with upholding.

Some localities think its a serious crime for a woman to sell her affection. Same principle applies. Monitor. Regulate. Not criminalize.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:47 AM   #89
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
I am not forcing you or anyone else to accept my stance on Abortion. If you feel you are being forced to accept my stance then maybe you should refrain from posting in this thread and replying to my post.

You don't seem to realize that the anti abortion stance you have, support and advocate is being forced on others by law.

Or you choose to ignore that fact.

So I ask you again: Why not leave others alone to make their own decisions, and not force them to accept your stance ?
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 07:47 AM   #90
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
You don't seem to realize that the anti abortion stance you have, support and advocate is being forced on others by law.

Or you choose to ignore that fact.

So I ask you again: Why not leave others alone to make their own decisions, and not force them to accept your stance ?
Is that my problem or yours?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women