Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161122
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40460
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-13-2023, 09:55 AM   #76
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
A dozen plus years wasted, can't you see the one problem that still exists from day one?
Lol. Some people think they can (should) win the Super Bowl every year. Steelers fans are some of the most needy and spoiled in all of sports.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 11:52 AM   #77
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Lol. Some people think they can (should) win the Super Bowl every year. Steelers fans are some of the most needy and spoiled in all of sports.
Of course we are. It’s Pittsburgh! Great pro football team, heartbreaking College team and a joke of an owner for baseball. I hate hockey so it doesn’t count. Lol
I’m not as anti-Tomlin as Devo, but everyone needs to be accountable if the “standard” isn’t being met.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 12:05 PM   #78
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Of course we are. It’s Pittsburgh! Great pro football team, heartbreaking College team and a joke of an owner for baseball. I hate hockey so it doesn’t count. Lol
I’m not as anti-Tomlin as Devo, but everyone needs to be accountable if the “standard” isn’t being met.
Agreed with all of that (I also hate hockey). But Tomlin has the exact same resumé as Cowher (with an even better winning percentage) and I don't remember anyone wanting Cowher to leave or be fired. Even after three straight losing seasons (Tomlin has never had a single one of those).

And the nonsense that Tomlin only won his Super Bowl because it was Cowher's team is a straight up farce. If it was all because of the team, why didn't Cowher win more than one? Why did Cowher go 8-8 and miss the playoffs in his final season if the team was so great that seemingly anyone could win a Super Bowl with them? That's one of the biggest loads of bullshit in Pittsburgh sports history, that Tomlin only won it "because it was Cowher's team".

First of all, it wasn't all Cowher's team - they wouldn't have made it there without Timmons and Woodley - two absolute game wreckers, both having double-digit sacks that year (both were drafted by Tomlin). Secondly, Tomlin made it to another Super Bowl with even fewer players from Cowher's team and nearly won that one, too.

The guy's a great coach. And it seems only certain members of the Steelers fanbase think otherwise. Because around the rest of the NFL, he's coaching royalty.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:32 PM   #79
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Agreed with all of that (I also hate hockey). But Tomlin has the exact same resumé as Cowher (with an even better winning percentage) and I don't remember anyone wanting Cowher to leave or be fired. Even after three straight losing seasons (Tomlin has never had a single one of those).

And the nonsense that Tomlin only won his Super Bowl because it was Cowher's team is a straight up farce. If it was all because of the team, why didn't Cowher win more than one? Why did Cowher go 8-8 and miss the playoffs in his final season if the team was so great that seemingly anyone could win a Super Bowl with them? That's one of the biggest loads of bullshit in Pittsburgh sports history, that Tomlin only won it "because it was Cowher's team".

First of all, it wasn't all Cowher's team - they wouldn't have made it there without Timmons and Woodley - two absolute game wreckers, both having double-digit sacks that year (both were drafted by Tomlin). Secondly, Tomlin made it to another Super Bowl with even fewer players from Cowher's team and nearly won that one, too.

The guy's a great coach. And it seems only certain members of the Steelers fanbase think otherwise. Because around the rest of the NFL, he's coaching royalty.
Your memory has failed you. Cowher was 1000% under a lot of heat. That’s absolutely true. I remember because I was a Cowher fan and didn’t always agree with it.
I liked Cowher because he was able to get a team with Neil Odonnelll as QB to the Super Bowl.
Old 09-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #80
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Superbowl?

How about a playoff game, or one past the first round?

He's failed utterly as a coach and as a player chooser.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 05:32 PM   #81
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:

Rose colored glases, just found a local "Fire Mike Tomlin" facebook page, up to 4K members in a very short time, and get this, there are "GASP" black folks who don't like Tomlin, and, people who do point out the only reason he's still here, don't get called racists, as happens here.

He gets a pass, because of the Rooney rule, and the countrywide support for that rule, and, its the only reason he's still a coach here.

The NFL wants a narrative that works, no matter what, and, even the SCOTUS has said that preferences based on color, are unconstitutional, they have many black fans, and want to advertise to that base, I get it, but, its pissed off a ton of people like me, that have learned through life, the best person for the job is not ONE color, not white, red, yellow, or black, its the best person of any color.

That thinking is obviously, lost when your only agenda is money, and not the support of rights for everyone of any color.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 05:35 PM   #82
Devo
Valued Poster

I could say the same thing for Cowhers final years, post swearing, because it made his daughters mad or some other stupid shit and he became a different coach, and had lost his fire, I was NOT sad to see him go, except for the fact, I KNEW, that the next coach was going to be black, NO MATTER WHO SHOWED UP, and, that the best person for the job, was not going to be hired, and, its proven true, MEE DEE OK RITTY.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 05:39 PM   #83
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Well stated, but for the hockey, I think hockey is still the purest (And least woke) sport left, a bit pussified, if you grew up watching no helmet play, but, still better than what the other sports have become, at least locally.

City of Champions no more.

City of Chumps, well, I could say, that's never changed, but only gotten worse.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:32 PM   #84
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I’m not suprised they lost to the Niners, I thought they would. The Steelers aren’t elite yet. The Niners are. Better coaching, better players. Steelers go 10/7.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:09 AM   #85
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Rose colored glases, just found a local "Fire Mike Tomlin" facebook page, up to 4K members in a very short time, and get this, there are "GASP" black folks who don't like Tomlin, and, people who do point out the only reason he's still here, don't get called racists, as happens here.

He gets a pass, because of the Rooney rule, and the countrywide support for that rule, and, its the only reason he's still a coach here.

The NFL wants a narrative that works, no matter what, and, even the SCOTUS has said that preferences based on color, are unconstitutional, they have many black fans, and want to advertise to that base, I get it, but, its pissed off a ton of people like me, that have learned through life, the best person for the job is not ONE color, not white, red, yellow, or black, its the best person of any color.

That thinking is obviously, lost when your only agenda is money, and not the support of rights for everyone of any color.
Who said anything about race?? Oh yeah, just you.
Old 09-14-2023, 03:13 AM   #86
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
I could say the same thing for Cowhers final years, post swearing, because it made his daughters mad or some other stupid shit and he became a different coach, and had lost his fire, I was NOT sad to see him go, except for the fact, I KNEW, that the next coach was going to be black, NO MATTER WHO SHOWED UP, and, that the best person for the job, was not going to be hired, and, its proven true, MEE DEE OK RITTY.
Dude, it seems like people from different races sure make you upset. No idea where any of this is coming from, as nobody else even mentioned race. And you have no idea who the best person for the job was - you weren't there. You're just upset a black guy got it. That's pretty disgusting.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:14 PM   #87
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

I could care less what race our coach is. I just want to get back to good, contending football.
My concern is can Tomlin win without a franchise QB. Most coaches can’t and when you hire a joke for an OC, you’re done.
All we can do is hope Canada is learning quickly, but about 40 games into his Steeler experiment and nothing tells me things are changing: That’s 100% on Tomlin.
At the same time, Kenny sucked Sunday….so there’s that.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:06 AM   #88
tommy156
BANNED

Week 1 was a thorough failure, from top to bottom, no doubt
Old 09-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #89
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who said anything about race?? Oh yeah, just you.
The moderators, after I was reported.

Some of you should know that.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:36 AM   #90
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
The moderators, after I was reported.

Some of you should know that.
Edit to ad:

And the owners whose policy holds their name, and, the fact that that rule was CRITICAL in what coach was hired.

You cannot separate the choice of this coach, his experience, and his current record of being a loser in the post season, IF, he can even get there, based on that fact alone.
Devo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women