Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70439
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60114
gman4452953
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47641
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #76
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Hard to imagine that this thread sat there for three days before anyone posted.

Santorum is not proposing banning contraceptives.
Santorum was saying that amniocentesis is being used to promote abortions which is true. Find out you have a Downs syndrome baby, abortion. Find out you have disabled child, abortion. In the future, find out that you have a gay child? In places like India and China, find out you have a girl, abortion. Understand now. Santorum was right but you are trying to say that he said something else.

Olivia, Jimmy Carter was a deacon of his church. He also said that he sinned in his heart. That he lusted after women. Carter and Obama have both said that they believe in social justice. That means you cannot reach salvation with your own good deeds, you have to get everyone else to do good deeds as well. This allows people like Obama and Carter to force everyone else to do what they think are good deeds (through taxes and regulations) so everyone can be saved. We already have a religious fanatic in office.

Ronald Reagan did not increase the debt, Congress increased the debt. It is in the Constitution. Congress pays the bills the president can only accept it or veto it.

The reason that no one knows what Santorum thinks about any other issue is the reason behind the coverage. They don't want you to compare what Santorum would do to what Obama has (or has not) done. It is a smoke screen. What did Stephanopolous bring this up in a debate days before anyone was talking about it? Think he is taking his orders from the White House?

Stick to what is written on this site and don't accuse me of professional misconduct.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #77
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Aw, Shit! Everybody knows if Santorum were elected the Supremes would side with the Religious Right and say that conception begins with an ERECTION!

Run for your lives!

This last loser Teapublican hasn't been fully vetted yet!
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #78
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Ronald Reagan did not increase the debt, Congress increased the debt. It is in the Constitution. Congress pays the bills the president can only accept it or veto it.

Reagan had the veto pen and he only used it once in regard to the debt.

Government grew under Reagan despite wtf he promised.

Go spread your lies to poor dumb college students than know no better!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #79
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Bullshit, Santorum has decried contraceptives as a license to do "bad" things in the bedroom...like cunnilingus or sodomy (not sure how the two connect, but that's what he presupposes.) The amnio statements are just a strawman. He doesn't feel that we have any right to privacy in our own home.

He's been critical of the court ruling that overturned a law banning the prescribing of contraceptives to married couples.

He wants to legislate ID into science classes.

He admitted to living in PA during his time in the senate to "maybe a month a year." His kids attended a cyber school, available to PA residents at their home school district's expense, while living in Virginia.

Finally, he's a douchebag.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #80
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
What's wrong with the Republicans? They have a bunch of circus clowns fighting each other to run for President. That's what's wrong.
That was my point. If you actually read what I post, you'd see that I'm not a Republican or dogmatic unlike some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Aw, Shit! Everybody knows if Santorum were elected the Supremes would side with the Religious Right and say that conception begins with an ERECTION!

Run for your lives!

This last loser Teapublican hasn't been fully vetted yet!
That’s funny. He would have to get a chance to name a Supreme or two, but still funny.

Quote:
Hard to imagine that this thread sat there for three days before anyone posted.

Santorum is not proposing banning contraceptives.
Yes he is. Do you really, honestly, believe him when he spins thought that contraception should be banned into a states rights issue? That’s absurd.

“In an interview with Jake Tapper on ABC News, Santorum reiterated his opposition to the Supreme Court’s 1965 ruling that prevented Connecticut from banning contraception.
‘The state has a right to do that, I have never questioned that the state has a right to do that," he said. "It is not a constitutional right. The state has the right to pass whatever statutes they have. That's the thing I have said about the activism of the Supreme Court--they are creating rights, and it should be left up to the people to decide.’ “
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1181291.html

Here the moron wants to create a constitutional amendment for contraception.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kjls0Ln7D4&feature=re lated

He’s said on several occasions that contraceptives are dangerous. Last week he said in his day contraception was an aspirin between the legs and it was effective. He sounds like Sarah Palin now! Doesn’t he realize it takes two to get pregnant? Maybe if males weren’t pressuring females to have sex there’d be a whole lot less sex going on. Using this logic, clearly Islam's idea of putting burkas on women so their purity can protect them from make wickedness is a great idea. Or maybe still, if people would just think like him and not want to have pre-marital sex or sex that wasn’t for procreative reasons that there would be a whole lot less sex going on. Banning contraception is a thinly cloaked method for controlling women.

Quote:
Santorum was saying that amniocentesis is being used to promote abortions which is true. Find out you have a Downs syndrome baby, abortion. Find out you have disabled child, abortion. In the future, find out that you have a gay child? In places like India and China, find out you have a girl, abortion. Understand now. Santorum was right but you are trying to say that he said something else.
And? I have absolutely no problem with abortion. My body; my right. Period.

Quote:
Olivia, Jimmy Carter was a deacon of his church. He also said that he sinned in his heart. That he lusted after women. Carter and Obama have both said that they believe in social justice. That means you cannot reach salvation with your own good deeds, you have to get everyone else to do good deeds as well. This allows people like Obama and Carter to force everyone else to do what they think are good deeds (through taxes and regulations) so everyone can be saved. We already have a religious fanatic in office.
I have no idea what you are getting at here. Jimmy Carter was a buffoon. He was a deacon. So what. He “sinned” in his heart? Just one more thing to make him an idiot. Obama is not a Christian fanatic.

Quote:
Yes, we all took Civics. Regan did increase the debt. That fact doesn’t change the fact that he was a great president.

Quote:
The reason that no one knows what Santorum thinks about any other issue is the reason behind the coverage. They don't want you to compare what Santorum would do to what Obama has (or has not) done. It is a smoke screen. What did Stephanopolous bring this up in a debate days before anyone was talking about it? Think he is taking his orders from the White House?
The two couldn’t be more different. I detest Obama, but that doesn’t make me a friend to women-hating religious fanatic. Sanitarium would drag us all back to the Stone Age if he could. He’s an asshole of gigantic proportions. Anybody that believes that he does, in my opinion, is a religious fanatic. I don’t even worship his Gods and demigods why should I be subject to them?!?
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #81
MC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

Great post, Olivia.
MC is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #82
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Back to the great Reagan...who is no different than Santorum or Obama for that matter.

Out of control government spending is the problem and Reagan was the one that started that ball a rolling.

Ron Paul is the only person that would try and balance the budget. But both parties want you fixtated on social issues.

http://www.harrybrowne.org/articles/Reagan'sLegacy.htm

Ronald Reagan was neither a hero nor a malevolent villain. He was simply a politician but the quintessential politician.
A politician is someone who tells you one thing and does another usually the opposite.
And on that basis, Reagan ranks right up there with Franklin Roosevelt as one of the most successful politicians ever.
But in terms of his effect on America, he was one of the worst.
It isn't just that he continued the great American presidential tradition of making government bigger and bigger. He also was the first President since Dwight Eisenhower to stir any hope in liberty-loving Americans that things might change for the better. But by the end of the 1980s, his failure to reduce government in any significant way caused many small-government advocates to believe that if Ronald Reagan, who talked the best game possible, couldn't seem to change anything for the better, it was obvious that no one could. In the process, he did a great deal to demoralize libertarians.
His electoral victories gave doctrinaire conservatives something to cheer about, because they're far more concerned with winning elections than in bringing liberty back to America. It's not surprising that they revere both Franklin Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan, since both were cut from the same cloth.
Does It Matter?
Does it matter that the Reagan legacy is a fraud?
Yes, it matters a great deal.
It matters because we need to understand that since the 1920s no American President has made a determined effort to reduce government significantly. It isn't that it can't be done. It's been proven only that no Republican or Democrat is going to do it.
It matters because it reminds us that politicians are not to be believed not about their records, not about the foreign dangers that supposedly require us to go to war, not in their promises to obey the Constitution and fight for smaller government.
It matters because it demonstrates that we shouldn't put our faith in apparent heroes. Instead, our salvation lies with ourselves. It is we who must carry the message of the benefits of liberty, and spread that message far and wide until the public demands and no politician can resist the restoration of the American way.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #83
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Great post, Olivia.
Thanks

Regan dangerous to some, great to others and was a quarter of a century ago. This guy is the here and now of our nation. He's gaining popularity because the Religious Right is strangling our country just as bad as the Give Away politicians are. We need to worry about our era and the legacy we are leaving instead of looking to the past to find solace to our anger. Regan's dead. He died a horrible death. Isn't that enough?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #84
CJ7
Valued Poster

metaphorically comparing the president to Hitler, idiot remarks about public schools, prenatal care/testing breeds abortion ... Santorum may get his leg humped by the far right long enough to get the nomination, but being electable in a general election?

Say goodnight, San ol pal.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #85
Missy Mariposa
Magdalene in gogo boots

User ID: 10853
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Santorum was saying that amniocentesis is being used to promote abortions which is true. Find out you have a Downs syndrome baby, abortion. Find out you have disabled child, abortion. In the future, find out that you have a gay child? In places like India and China, find out you have a girl, abortion. Understand now.
So what? Unless there's something illegal about abortion, I don't see the problem. Wanting to cockblock people from doing something legal doesn't sound...right to me. Don't the gun people get up in arms when the words "gun control" are even uttered? (For the record, I love guns I'm not anti-gun at all - just not exactly a card carrying NRA member either) It's the same thing. They want to do/have something legal and people are trying to mess with it. This is no different. Personally, I couldn't give a rats ass about what you do with the contents of your uterus because it's not my uterus.

Regardless, that's NOT why his stance on birth control is as such. He's said MANY times that birth control is not okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MBO9tNNejo

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/46432879/

Quote:
On birth control being bad for women. "My position is birth control can and should be available," Santorum said, after video of him saying birth control hurts women began circulating and his most generous donor jokes cheap and efficient birth control was "aspirin between a gal's knees." Santorum did not step away from his belief that birth control is bad. "I support Title X, I guess it is, and have voted for contraception and although I don't think it works, I think it's harmful to women, I think it's harmful to our society."
I'm glad he voted for it, but I think his views on it are...antiquated at best. Birth control can save fertility when used to treat medical problems. Not to mention that the lack of birth control/condoms leads to more teen pregnancy, more unwanted pregnancy in adults, more abortions, and more unsafe abortions. I'd be willing to wager more dumpster babies and infanticide too but the "postpartum psychosis" defense works too well for us to really know.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-has-said.html
Missy Mariposa is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #86
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The left wins the argument is framed as a birt control/contraception issue, but loses when the issue is defined as a religious or freedom of conscience issue.

That is where the serious debate on the issue is being discussed, not the bloviating taking place here.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #87
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

This is the email I sent the Republican Chairman and copied to my senators and congressman. Not that it will do any good.

Dear Chairman Priebus,

We desperately need to get Obama out of office, and getting him out should be a cake walk. The President is literally handing the presidency to the Republicans. But you are blowing it. If Rick Santorum is nominated he'll be beaten by a margin so large it will make Regan's landslide look small. He is alienating women and Independents. I am an Independent voter and have been all my life. I will not sit an election out so unfortunately if Santorum is elected I will hold my nose and pull a straight Democratic ticket as I gag back the vomit voting for Obama.

The RNC has the power to influence politicians to endorse Romney. (The Democrats did it to Hillary.) He will beat Obama; Santorum will bring out record numbers to vote against his archaic and misogynist ideas that are fueled by his extreme religious fanaticism. We need to bring the country together now not divide it. Santorum will guarantee that no Republican agenda will get through congress and stagnate any growth because he will focus on making this a theocracy. Romney is a moderate Republican and that is what the country wants whether the diehards of the Party want that or not. He is all you have if the Republicans want to win the White House and Congress. Without him, it will go Democrat again.

Sincerely,

cc: Senator Hutchins
Senator Cornyn
Representative X
Old 02-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #88
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Santorum is not a problem. He won't get this or any other nomination. In 2008, he made a speech talking about how Satan has taken over America. Almost makes me look sane.

http://drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #89
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Santorum is not a problem. He won't get this or any other nomination. In 2008, he made a speech talking about how Satan has taken over America. Almost makes me look sane.

http://drudgereport.com/flash3s.htm
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #90
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Iowa poll shows Pres. Obama would lose to Paul, Romney, Santorum

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz1my7dpduS

Here are the numbers:
Newt Gingrich 37 percent vs. Barack Obama 51 percent
Ron Paul 49 percent vs. Barack Obama 42 percent
Mitt Romney 46 percent vs. Barack Obama 44 percent
Rick Santorum 48 percent vs. Barack Obama 44 percent

Election questions were asked of 611 likely voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.0 percentage points.

Only Paul beats the margin of error. Repubs are fresh from campaigning. We'll look at the numbers after Obama swings through the state.
North Carolina poll shows Pres. Obama has only 2 point lead over Santorum.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...bama-3045.html

Among always crucial independent voters, the picture is not much better for Republicans.
They dislike all the Republican candidates – Gingrich has a 24/61 favorability rating
among independents, Paul is at 39/46, Romney is at 31/57 and Santorum’s at 34/51.
Obama leads Gingrich among independents 52-40, leads Romney among them 48-43,
and leads Santorum among them 51-42. Only Ron Paul leads Obama among independent
voters, 45-43.
“Barack Obama’s approval numbers in North Carolina are the best they’ve been in
months and that reflects what we’re seeing across the entire country,” said Dean Debnam,
President of Public Policy Polling. “This will never be an easy state for Democrats at the
Presidential level but he has a very good chance of repeating his surprise 2008 victory
here.”
In seven swing states Obama loses to Romney and Santorum trails Obama by only 7 points !

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...oll/52871890/1

Obama vs Santorum 51% 44%
Vs Romney 47 48
Vs Gingrinch 54% 40%
Vs Paul 50% 43%

The survey of 737 registered voters, taken Tuesday through Saturday, has a margin of error of +/- 5 percentage points.
Who cares about Paul? Like he'll get the nomination.

tick,,,,tick,,,,tick,,,,,,

Do actually read any of the links you post? None of those polls are bad news for Obama. And none are good for you and yours. They keep spending money. Obama keeps raising it.
…tock.
…tock
…tock
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women