Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 05-11-2020, 08:42 PM   #76
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

If you honestly want to know.. why not go straight to the source? Shelley was sponsored and backed by a group called Woke Patriot---(they've apparently got a decent sized QAnon group).

If there's one thing I've learned about politics on the internet.. is that its far better to leave breadcrumbs than links.. because when you leave links, it then becomes a debate in the "political agenda" of whatever sources you post-- and that holds true regardless of what side you're on. If you want to know, look it up. If you don't give a fuck-- then you don't give a fuck.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #77
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Creepy Joe is what I call a tired swimmer. He can barely comprehend what’s going on. Maybe the silver lining in all of this that “we the people” can see first hand just how a liberal leftist judge blatantly abuses his authority by demanding an apology for the “officials” not the people but the officials. (His exact words) and vote his Harvard educated leftist ass out of office.

These “officials” are perfectly happy to see black folks and white folks go at it. It distracts the fact that that judge wanted that hair dresser to kiss his ring and the rings of “officials”

That is one of the most dangerous games our society could play with it’s future.
FunMonday is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:49 PM   #78
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

She is far from the first to find herself in jail on a contempt charge for this sort of thing... this particular judge is by no means unique in expecting a beyond normal level of respect in his courtroom. I agree totally that the contempt charge itself is BS and an overstep....

However-- where the "racism" thing comes into play for many-- is that she was given a "cease and desist" letter while others were taken to jail for a class B misdemeanor. Her contempt charge comes from ignoring the cease and desist-- but she STILL wasn't charged with that Class B that the ladies in Laredo were charged with. THAT is what stands out for me.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:37 PM   #79
Aoi
meh

Encounters: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
However-- where the "racism" thing comes into play for many-- is that she was given a "cease and desist" letter while others were taken to jail for a class B misdemeanor. Her contempt charge comes from ignoring the cease and desist-- but she STILL wasn't charged with that Class B that the ladies in Laredo were charged with. THAT is what stands out for me.
Depends on the circumstances of the other ladies. It is entirely possible that they had a history. Could be that the judge just felt like shit that day and threw the book at them.

But saying it's about race is just low hanging fruit.

That's like saying a man who got the job a woman wanted only got it because of sexism.
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:53 PM   #80
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbrotha1 View Post
More, my apologies. And please STOP making this about politics. It’s about the law.
Dallas County doesn't even arrest shoplifters for under $750 dollars in stolen items and places like NYC have let people out of jail solely for coronavirus containment so she shouldn't be going to jail for opening her salon.

I think her case does show how people are getting sick of our bossy government.

Maybe just a fine would work in this case - jail was just too much.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #81
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
How about the ones who never make it to trial-- because somehow an unarmed black man is more intimidating than a white man with a semi-automatic who has already killed several people......

If you cannot acknowledge that there is a difference in the way different races are treated in the criminal justice system-- from the police to the courtroom-- then you're choosing to be deliberately obtuse. I'm the Whitest McWhitey out there-- and its beyond obvious to even the most casual of observers.

The ladies in Laredo were charged with a Class B Misdemeanor (same as a prostitution charge in severity-- up to 180 days in jail and up to a 5k fine). The only reason they aren't sitting in jail today is that they were able to post the $500 bond and they weren't fuckfaces to the judge.
White privilege exists for rich white people who send their kids to high class private schools, live in fine homes with maids, drive new cars, are members of country clubs, send their kids to expensive name brand colleges, and buy convenience with all their money.

For average white people, there is no white privilege. Pay your bills and do your job or the world will let you know how little they care about you.

Money buys privilege and power and convenience. Being white gets you the hatred of a society which wants you to die out and government edicts to hire anyone but you - unless they can't do without you.

That salon owner didn't get white privilege - she went to jail until lots of people said it was just too much.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:49 AM   #82
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
That salon owner didn't get white privilege - she went to jail until lots of people said it was just too much
Basically this is what happened until the politicians saw it as an opportunity to milk the issue. And yes the judge is a politician as well. Without having access to the renditions of exactly what was discussed in the court or the complaints we don’t know if the judge had knowledge of her GoFundMe account. If he did I’m sure that’s a great way to piss off a leftist judge. Very likely the judge did not know about her “war chest” or her connections to fight this case.

FF is absolutely right. Most white folks simply do not have “white privilege”. In fact, during an ejection year the courts also want media fodder. In this and many other cases they want a “flag pole case” to show their mostly minority constituents that a white defendant does NOT receive preferential treatment.

Frying a white, educated (Luther probably does not have a degree), perceived high wage earner or well funded defendant not only provides a certain thrill but it strengthens constituent loyalty. It’s not always blatant but it can be dangerously subtle. In this context the ones who cry racism the most are the most racist. An extreme example is Jesse Jackson claiming civil rights violations when his sole intent is extortion and power.

I’m not convinced the judge is a bigot but I do believe he saw the salon owner as a threat to his leftist shrine. He simply underestimated her ability to shine a national spotlight on his bad decision. Ironically the judge went to Harvard and even with all his experience he’s still a complete dumb ass.

An old lawyer told me once that only idiots go the courthouse because anything can and will happen. After all these years I firmly believe he was right.
FunMonday is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:19 AM   #83
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi View Post
Depends on the circumstances of the other ladies. It is entirely possible that they had a history. Could be that the judge just felt like shit that day and threw the book at them.

But saying it's about race is just low hanging fruit.

That's like saying a man who got the job a woman wanted only got it because of sexism.

Actually, its not really likely that they had a history. Having a record in most cases will prevent you from getting licensed (yes, they were licensed.. I looked both of them up on TDLR). Some crimes will allow for a license 5-10 years post conviction-- but one of the two ladies in Laredo is 20--- so its pretty easy to conclude without digging deep that she had a clean record. We could just say that the judge in Dallas felt like shit that day, too-- but its easier to yell "POLITICAL AGENDA".

No, its not the same as claiming sexism over a job offer. Ideally, the law is the law and the rules are the rules. If two people commit the same offense, they should at the very least be charged the same. Conviction is another matter... but the charges shouldn't differ.

If claiming race is a factor is "low hanging fruit"... so is claiming political stance.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:30 AM   #84
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post

For average white people, there is no white privilege. Pay your bills and do your job or the world will let you know how little they care about you.

You're confusing white privilege with class privilege. I don't know of any white folk who have ever been pulled over for being in the wrong neighborhood. I do know a few people of color who have. "White privilege" has nothing to do with socioeconomic standing. It has everything to do with some of the judgments that still stand regarding the differences in races. Now-- many longstanding examples of white privilege have contributed to the wealth divide... but that doesn't mean all white people are rich or all people of color are poor. The concept of white privilege is a very simple concept that tends to bleed into other concepts.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #85
Golden Man
Premium Access

Encounters: 91

Quote:
Actually, its not really likely that they had a history. Having a record in most cases will prevent you from getting licensed (yes, they were licensed.. I looked both of them up on TDLR). Some crimes will allow for a license 5-10 years post conviction-- but one of the two ladies in Laredo is 20--- so its pretty easy to conclude without digging deep that she had a clean record. We could just say that the judge in Dallas felt like shit that day, too-- but its easier to yell "POLITICAL AGENDA".

No, its not the same as claiming sexism over a job offer. Ideally, the law is the law and the rules are the rules. If two people commit the same offense, they should at the very least be charged the same. Conviction is another matter... but the charges shouldn't differ.

If claiming race is a factor is "low hanging fruit"... so is claiming political stance.
Grace, why are you wasting your time responding to Aoi, I’m sure you have heard the oks saying about arguing with an idiot.
Also remember the fact that this lady had received 18,000.00 from the SBA prior to going to court, so any bs about having to open to feed her family, is well bs. And more importantly she choose to create this shit show for publicity, she could have called or emailed her clients to inform them that her shop would be open, but NO, she called every television and radio station in DFW to announce that she was planning to violate Abbott’s executive order(which while debatable, does carry the weight of being law) and the late. Her GoFund me page was set up two days before she went public with her plea. In simple this a third tier part time bar room singer found her a bunch of suckers, and is now a half million dollars richer.
Golden Man is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #86
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Man View Post
Grace, why are you wasting your time responding to Aoi, I’m sure you have heard the oks saying about arguing with an idiot.
Also remember the fact that this lady had received 18,000.00 from the SBA prior to going to court, so any bs about having to open to feed her family, is well bs. And more importantly she choose to create this shit show for publicity, she could have called or emailed her clients to inform them that her shop would be open, but NO, she called every television and radio station in DFW to announce that she was planning to violate Abbott’s executive order(which while debatable, does carry the weight of being law) and the late. Her GoFund me page was set up two days before she went public with her plea. In simple this a third tier part time bar room singer found her a bunch of suckers, and is now a half million dollars richer.

Frankly-- I'm still furloughed and have nothing better to do
Old 05-12-2020, 08:37 AM   #87
Aoi
meh

Quote:
We're talking about someone getting different sentences/treatments, not about someone getting licensed. I'm telling you that any number of reasons could have resulted in them getting a harsher charge and/or sentence, including having a criminal background, the judge feeling like an ass hole that day, the judge not liking them personally and so on. You're hedging your bets on "Racism." I'm saying it could be any number of reasons.

In that case, you would need to provide examples of how this was a racist incident. Since you're all about virtue signaling, why the fuck aren't you making it a point to actually prove that it was racism?

Also, as far as screaming political agenda, while, I don't think it was, but across the country, only one side is actively looking to institute authoritarian measures in the name of "safety."

Quote:
Uh, no.

How someone is charged can vary on a number of things, including background, the circumstances of each individual case, the authorities actually pressing the charges and so on. You're being awfully naive when you think these things don't factor in and it must be "MUH RACISM!" as the be-all reason. Grow up.

Quote:
Both are low-hanging fruits, but of the two, given this pandemic, only one side has taken extreme authoritarian measures. Democrats are actively looking to keep things shut down. Democrats are actively demonizing anyone that is even thinking of re-opening the economy. Democrats have actively stalled the process in getting progress on laws being passed.
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #88
Golden Man
Premium Access

Encounters: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Man View Post
There are a couple of autocorrect typos in my post, “oks saying” should have been “old saying”, and “late” should have been “law” at the end of the third from last sentence.
Golden Man is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #89
Aoi
meh

Quote:
You're confusing white privilege with class privilege. I don't know of any white folk who have ever been pulled over for being in the wrong neighborhood. I do know a few people of color who have. "White privilege" has nothing to do with socioeconomic standing.
Is it white privilege...

that the NBA is overwhelmingly black?

that whites don't have a "white history" month?

that whites can't say they have "diversity" in culture?

that whites don't have affirmative action letting them into colleges despite having shitty fucking qualifications?

that whites being killed be black officers isn't given any media attention?

that Obama was given 8 years of free passes despite being the shittiest President ever?

Was it white privilege that demonized and forced Nick Sandman (the Covington kid) into the media spotlight and ruined his life because of a lying media?

Is it white privilege that allows a black person to claim "racism!" and still have some measure of an offense against a white person?

Is it white privilege that propelled the BULLSHIT BLM movement that were largely based on lies? (Mike Brown)

Is it white privilege that you can't say "white lives matter" and not somehow be looked at funny?

etc, etc..

Quote:
It has everything to do with some of the judgments that still stand regarding the differences in races.
Fucking cite something, Grace. You love to virtue signal, but all you do is talk shit and don't back it up with the facts.

Quote:
Now-- many longstanding examples of white privilege have contributed to the wealth divide...
Yeah, that's why Asians are doing so well financially, right? Because of white privilege.

Quote:
but that doesn't mean all white people are rich or all people of color are poor.
But it does non-whites (read : black people) a perpetual excuse of the race card.

Quote:
The concept of white privilege is a very simple concept that tends to bleed into other concepts.
Oh, look. Grace saying a whole lot of nothing!
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #90
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

My ECCIE Reviews

I live in Ohio. The governor is a Republican. He was one of the first to shut it down.. and is being quite slow to reopen everything. No, it isn't just Democrats.

Yes-- them being licensed does matter-- because in order to obtain your license, you have to have a CLEAN RECORD for at least the last 5-10 years. One of the two ladies is 20-- meaning she doesn't have a record, period. I quite literally said that in the post. Guess you missed it. The point I was trying to make is that its highly unlikely that either of the ladies had a record due to the fact that they are licensed.

The racism isn't in regards to the charges-- at least, not really. I mean-- I personally find it garbage that the 2 girls were charged with a Class B and Shelley Luther was just given a cease and desist.. and later a contempt charge stemming from violating the C&D--- but that's not the bigger issue that would seem to have something to do with race. After all-- different jurisdictions, different judges, etc. Its in regards to the media attention and how quick the response was from the Governor when it was suddenly a white woman with media support. He didn't give a flying fig when it was 2 latinas with limited coverage. They were arrested April 15 and he didn't even acknowledge their existence until May 7-- after the media started talking about them vs. Luther.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women