Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59969
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47579
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 09-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #76
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

why is the fed tax the only the that people are so mad about what about all the other taxes.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #77
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
"total income somewhat makes up for the fact that they pay a much smaller percentage of their income in other taxes such as, fuel, sales, excise, etc, compared to the less wealthy."

How do the rich pay less in tax at the fuel pump, last I saw the pump or the attendent have no way to change the tax rate nor anyway to determine your income, same for sales taxes, how does one get Walmart to change the tax rate. Now had you said, estate taxes, property tax, I may have agreed with you, but the taxes you indicate would be difficult to reduce. Unless your saying they use less fuel and by less stuff.
This is the Progressive Sales Tax idea that I brought up earlier. The rich pay the same price and dollar amount in taxes for a product as poor people. The sales tax is a percentage related to the cost of the product, not their income. That is a HUGE break for the rich and a HUGE burden for the poor. It's effectively a true flat tax on sales.

That could be easily changed in two different ways.

1) Tie the sales tax to the income of the buyer. Make the sales tax percentage fixed.
2) Tie the sales tax to the income of the buyer. Make the sales tax percentage progressive.

Of course, the buyer would have to identify themselves with a credit card or some other form of ID. That way they could be given "their" sales tax rate. People who refused to provide the info would be given the "failsafe" maximum sales tax.

Simple.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #78
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

"The sales tax is a percentage related to the cost of the product, not their income. That is a HUGE break for the rich and a HUGE burden for the poor. It's effectively a true flat tax on sales."

I will be the first to admit that I am not an economist and I guess I am missing the point because the sales tax amount is the same for everyone, how is the production costs lower for the rich then the poor.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #79
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Sales Tax

I can only assume the rich will pay more if they consume more and buy more expensive items. Bentley vs Kia, Armani vs Kohl's etc.

I would listen to this idea if we do away with the estate taxes keep low capital gain taxes lower 2 income tax brackets, and remove tax deductions except for personal claims.

For sure I buy no new cars in Kansas and face their tax charges.

I do want to tax corporations that close factories and offices in the U.S. and move them offshore. I am willing to support incentives to prevent it.

In the end..............what the hell do I know about it really?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #80
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It is amazing where you find racism today. I make a statement about taxes and representation. There is no mention of race in that or any other posting but some people have their mind so much on race that they see it when it is not there. Years ago I used to start talking about welfare reform and welfare queens. Invariably someone would claim that I was being racist. I would inform them that I did not put forth any racial statements but that most people on welfare were white and most cheats were white. The person hearing the comment was thinking black people on welfare because of their innate racism of believing that "welfare=black" which is statistically wrong. So when I hear someone like John Kerry, Howard Dean, or KCbig make their statements, I know where it is really coming from...

but what does this have to do with the topic of the post???
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #81
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Racist

Galt I assume you have a list of maybe 2 black people you know and maybe a hispanic guy too. You claim to know a hispanic provider and lots of asians.

Naw I would never take you for a racist.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #82
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
"total income somewhat makes up for the fact that they pay a much smaller percentage of their income in other taxes such as, fuel, sales, excise, etc, compared to the less wealthy."

How do the rich pay less in tax at the fuel pump, last I saw the pump or the attendent have no way to change the tax rate nor anyway to determine your income, same for sales taxes, how does one get Walmart to change the tax rate. Now had you said, estate taxes, property tax, I may have agreed with you, but the taxes you indicate would be difficult to reduce. Unless your saying they use less fuel and by less stuff.

as a percentage of their income, the less wealthy pay more other taxes as compared to the percentage that the wealthy pay. didn't say anything about the rate being changed.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #83
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJoe View Post
as a percentage of their income, the less wealthy pay more other taxes as compared to the percentage that the wealthy pay. didn't say anything about the rate being changed.
So what your saying is because they make more they should pay more. Using your logic, McDonalds should require a proof of income to know what to charge you for your big mac. Regardless of how much a person makes they are taxed the same amount. The ability to pay is a whole seperate issue and in reality is envy more than fairness.

But anyway, I am done with this, this I think is the 3rd tax debate in the last 6 months and it always comes down to those on the left saying the rich should pay more because they make more and the poor should pay less because they make less. Sounds like the old redistribution of wealth that they love so much. Peace I am out of this one.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #84
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
But anyway, I am done with this, this I think is the 3rd tax debate in the last 6 months and it always comes down to those on the left saying the rich should pay more because they make more and the poor should pay less because they make less. Sounds like the old redistribution of wealth that they love so much. Peace I am out of this one.

I'm thinking the same thing. As the man once said,

"Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree."
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #85
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Taxes

I think we should levy a big surtax on COG as it is his fault anyway.
Big consumer of services is what I hear and he can afford it too.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women