Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #76
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

But for the current government I would say:

Fire all congressmen, all senators, all supreme court justices and the president and the constitution and then start all over again.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #77
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The school was a "gun free zone" with strict laws against breaking the law.

Oh well, so much for banning guns....
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #78
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
"The 1986 FBI Miami shootout was a gun battle that occurred on April 11, 1986 in an unincorporated region of Miami-Dade County in south Florida between eight FBI agents and two serial bank robbers. During the firefight, FBI Special Agents Jerry L. Dove and Benjamin P. Grogan were killed, while five other agents were wounded. The two robbery suspects, William Russell Matix and Michael Lee Platt, were also killed.
The incident is infamous in FBI history and is well-studied in law enforcement circles. Despite outnumbering the suspects 4 to 1, the agents found themselves pinned down by rifle fire and unable to respond effectively. Although both Matix and Platt were hit multiple times during the firefight, Platt fought on and continued to injure and kill agents. This incident led to the introduction of more powerful handguns in the FBI and many police departments around the United States.

What is the point of the above? It is ONE incident. You don't make policy based on anecdotes. It is a like a liberal saying we need higher taxes and citing Paris Hilton of why the rich don't deserve their money.

You take the statistical average and, as I said above, the vast majority of criminals WILL be stopped by .32s and .38s.

And while it is a tragedy that a wounded criminal will go on to wound or kill his victim because the first shot did not stop them, that is a SMALL number and it has to be weighed against the number of victims who will survive a gunshot because they were shot with a .38 and not a .45.

Don't those numbers offset one another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
BTW, regarding the M1911, there was no "over statement". That tidbit was passed along as part of the standard U.S. Army M1911 instruction and qualification process.

I wasn't taking about the M1911. I learned about the history of the .45 years ago in my own military training. The overstatement was your last sentence "the .38 cal will still not stop drugged-up, insensate burglars, rapists, thieves and murderers in the 21st century..."

That is clearly NOT true. It may not stop a small number, but most WILL be stopped - either dead or debilitated.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #79
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
The school was a "gun free zone" with strict laws against breaking the law.

Oh well, so much for banning guns....

guns came from another state legally bought and registered just not to the shooter..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #80
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The shooter was mentally handicapped; was on meds...............this will be interesting. WTF was he doing with weapons ? How and when ?

Were the parents irresponsibly storing guns and ammo in a house with a handicapped adult having access ?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

So. The gun free zone is suppose to be the line in the sand right ?

You mean, people with bad intent will not obey the laws ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
guns came from another state legally bought and registered just not to the shooter..
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #82
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
But for the current government I would say:

Fire all congressmen, all senators, all supreme court justices and the president and the constitution and then start all over again.
Oooooh! Good idea!

Please tell us what your new rules would be for the Constitution.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #83
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Mexico: 34,612 Drug War Deaths; 15,273 In 2010
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_808277.html
There you go, I was gonna look that up...thanks! My homies and I were discussing the fact that Texas would be overrun with all kinds of violence if the drug cartels knew that Texans were unarmed.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #84
waverunner234
Valued Poster

I'm gonna buy a guy.

Goodbye.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #85
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme10 View Post
There you go, I was gonna look that up...thanks! My homies and I were discussing the fact that Texas would be overrun with all kinds of violence if the drug cartels knew that Texans were unarmed.
Just legalize the drugs.

That's gonna happen anyway.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You are a fucking disgrace, continuing to argue, fling insults, etc.

How do you feel about the 20 kids between 5 and 10 who died today? Or are you so wrapped up in your own venomous froth to even have an opinion on this incident?

Please folks. Please beat your drums a little quieter.
ABC news just aired a poll that says more than half of America favor stricter gun laws.

I know, I know. Fuck everybody, right? Just keep the Mexicans from invading Texas!

You are disgraceful.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #87
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Not to take away from the solemnity of the day, Assup, but since you brought it up, yes, I'm sure that many Americans favor stricter gun laws. That is why we have a Republic and a Constitution, and not a democracy, so the majority can not vote away the rights of the minority.

This issue needs to be discussed on a day when cooler heads will prevail. That day is not today.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #88
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You beat the drums of gun control; then when we open the discussion up beyond the sorrow of the dead, you bitch and get holier-than-thou.

You are a fuck head AssUp.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #89
timpage
Account Disabled

I dunno. All the insults, all the argument, all the acrimony. We hate each other, we think anybody on the other side of an argument is an idiot. I'm guilty of partisan argument. I'm a gun owner. I own a lot of guns. I believe in the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms. But, goddamn.....A lunatic walked into several kindergarten classrooms and shot twenty 5 to 10 year old kids dead. Is there not some agreement here that we need to do something to try to prevent this in the future?

Is anybody here willing to just accept what happened today as the status quo? If you're a rational human being, I'm thinking the answer to that question is no. I exclude IB as a rational human being. COG? Anybody?

How do we fix this shit?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #90
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I dunno. All the insults, all the argument, all the acrimony. We hate each other, we think anybody on the other side of an argument is an idiot. I'm guilty.

A lunatic walked into several kindergarten classrooms and shot 20 kids dead. Is there not some agreement here that we need to do something to try to prevent this in the future?

Is anybody here willing to just accept what happened today as the status quo? If you're a rational human being, I'm thinking the answer to that question is no.

How do we fix this shit?
I agree. We need to examine what happened, as best we can and as objectively as we can, and then discuss courses of action. That can't be done today, since the emotions are so high. But the time will come, and then we can discuss remedies.

But no, this type of event is absolutely unacceptable.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women