Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59943
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47563
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #76
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
neither you nor I have inside knowledge here...you are the admant one acting as a "know it all" but there is more to suggest he engaged in a coverup than not. you say he wished he had done more, thats a weasel way of acknowledging complicity.

"
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Is Dakota Meyers a failure because ''he openly admitted he should have done more''?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...s-hes-no-hero/

He insists he is not a hero, but was only doing “what Marines do…I’m the furthest thing from a hero,” he says, “if this is what it feels like to be a hero you can have it.” He adds, “What gives me the right to be standing here today and not their kids? I feel like I failed them and I failed their families.”
Meyer wonders if the outcome might have been different if ”I had just done it on the first time on my instinct, maybe I could of got in there, made a difference, but like I said, you can ‘what if it’ to the max.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
and as far as me and Olivia? well thats not a bad idea and your indian name would be "treat him gingerly, the simple one touched in the head"
Get MsElena to join you in a threesome. Ya'll put all your class together and it might equal JoePa's
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #77
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Really?
really

Quote:

Get MsElena to join you in a threesome. Ya'll put all your class together and it might equal JoePa's
i get MsElena by myself. and as far as class...i'd only compare us to you and you lose
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #78
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
You have no proof they worked together. In fact quite to opposite.

Paterno basically fired Sandusky.

Do you really think they worked together after that?

You always leave threads when your distortions and lies are exposed.

Next time try and stay away from protesting a RIP thread.

That was the jest of my conversation.

You seemed to be clueless as to how classless that is.
He was still affiliated with the university and the football program. They took his keys to the locker room away – Big fucking deal. They didn’t even ask the kids name. They. Worked. Together. Period. From the incident until the scandal broke. Give it up. Every one knows it but you.

Quote:
Had his bosses informed the police or CPS, then there would have been no so called cover-up.

Paterno did not cover-up anything. He promptly reported what he was told. He met all legal requirments. There has been nothing to suggest that Paterno tried to cover-up wtf happened. That is a figment of your mind, you and Olivia. I always thought you two would make a good couple. 'Two know it alls fucking' would be you Indian name.

He has already stated that with hindsight he wished he had done more. Dakota Manning has said the exact same thing. Should he give back his Medal of Honor?
I personally don’t believe that is the law from the other thread. Yes, I know you’ve posted the Act, but that’s not the entire law. As all knowing and omnipresent as you are, you don’t know what went on in the grand jury room.

The law is irrelevant. His actions were immoral. Period. End of report.

What the hell does a Metal of Honor recipient have to do with a coach (not a combat soldier) and not protecting minors that he is charged with?

Quote:
Balance?

It was a classless act to try and inject balance in a RIP thread.

That is why Olivia was just like the Westboro Baptist Church Protesters. Sometimes you just gotta know when to STFU.
How about this for shut the fuck up. Just because you have two nickels to rub together now doesn’t make you a philosopher. It makes you an East Texas redneck with money.

Good luck arguing with the fictitious villains and the voices in your head.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #79
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This is asinine. Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the people. I disagree. I think it is sports. We dare not say anything negative about a "sports hero". He coached big kids in a kids game. He covered up a scandal that might harm the program. He is not a hero. He is also not worth all the time spent on this thread.

There is almost no passion concerning the real big issues, such as NDAA and other acts that are destroying the core of freedom in this country, but say something about JoePa, and the place goes ballistic.

As long as we have our weekend football, March Madness, the World Series, and TV like American Idol, we will let the statists do whatever they want to our liberty. So what if the government can brand you a terrorist and indefinitely detain you without judicial review? I've got a game to watch!

This is bullshit.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #80
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post

If you think this, then you are either as naive as WTF or just as bent on being right about something that is so wrong.
So, what you're saying is I shouldn't believe the state attorney general, the grand jury, and the state police commissioner who all said he broke no laws? If I am not supposed to believe them on that, then why should I believe them on anything that they have ever said about any alleged crimes?

I am bent on what the facts say, not trying to play detective or mind-reader. You can insinuate, infer, character assassinate, and deduce all you like about what he "must" have known and how he "covered it up", I'll stick to the facts as presented in the courts.

If more information comes to light that implicates JoePa in part of some grand coverup, I am willing to change my opinion (which any logical and reasonable person would do.) Until then, the testimony of others and the man's own comments lead me to believe that he reported an incident to his supervisor and the man who oversaw campus police.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #81
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

This children are all relieved that JoePa didn't break any laws. They feel much better. Now can we move on to more important things?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #82
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomidis View Post
So, what you're saying is I shouldn't believe the state attorney general, the grand jury, and the state police commissioner who all said he broke no laws? Yes that is exactly wtf she is saying. Believe her and her crystal ball or else... If I am not supposed to believe them on that, then why should I believe them on anything that they have ever said about any alleged crimes? You can only believe them when she tells you to believe them.

I am bent on what the facts say, not trying to play detective or mind-reader. You can insinuate, infer, character assassinate, and deduce all you like about what he "must" have known and how he "covered it up", I'll stick to the facts as presented in the courts.

If more information comes to light that implicates JoePa in part of some grand coverup, I am willing to change my opinion (which any logical and reasonable person would do.) Exactly Until then, the testimony of others and the man's own comments lead me to believe that he reported an incident to his supervisor and the man who oversaw campus police.

Haven't you heard? Olivia has special powers. She can be presented with the actual law and play it off as some diversionary law. One that did not apply to Paterno, even though that is the exact statue that the DA went by.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #83
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Today, 12:52 PM , Olivia posts this:

Quote:
So, yet again, I have to beg off from another ridiculous conversation with you. No, you've not won; I'm just tired of hitting my head against the wall in a discussion that is secondary to your high self regard. Peace.
Which would lead one to believe that she is done with this conversation. Unless she was lying...

Today, 02:04 PM ....Why yes it appears she has lied yet again.
Quote:
He was still affiliated with the university and the football program. They took his keys to the locker room away – Big fucking deal. They didn’t even ask the kids name. They. Worked. Together. Period. From the incident until the scandal broke. Give it up. Every one knows it but you.

I personally don’t believe that is the law from the other thread. Yes, I know you’ve posted the Act, but that’s not the entire law. As all knowing and omnipresent as you are, you don’t know what went on in the grand jury room.

What the hell does a Metal of Honor recipient have to do with a coach (not a combat soldier) and not protecting minors that he is charged with?

How about this for shut the fuck up. Just because you have two nickels to rub together now doesn’t make you a philosopher. It makes you an East Texas redneck with money.

Good luck arguing with the fictitious villains and the voices in your head.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #84
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

It cuts this*** stupid theory of yours to pieces.

I have already explained the remores folks have when things go wrong and they , with hindsight , wish they had done more.

Quote:
2. He openly admitted he should have done more.

Quote:
2) Just as a soldier admits he should have done more to save his comrades. There is always remorse in hindsight. That is what people of honor have. Maybe that is why you are having such trouble with this concept.

Is Dakota Meyers a failure because ''he openly admitted he should have done more''?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...s-hes-no-hero/

He insists he is not a hero, but was only doing “what Marines do…I’m the furthest thing from a hero,” he says, “if this is what it feels like to be a hero you can have it.” He adds, “What gives me the right to be standing here today and not their kids? I feel like I failed them and I failed their families.”
Meyer wonders if the outcome might have been different if ”I had just done it on the first time on my instinct, maybe I could of got in there, made a difference, but like I said, you can ‘what if it’ to the max.”

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #85
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

They no longer worked together. In fact Sandusky did not work for the University after 1999.

That is like saying the folks who cut the grass at the White House and Obama work together.

I know ever legal scholar that has taken a look at this since the frenzied rush to judgement thinks there was no law broken....except you and a few other Paterno haters. You took the early bait and will not spit it back up no matter how foolish you look saying he broke a law that when read, we can all clearly see that he did not.

The law is irrelevant? Really. To who? To people in a court of law? Is the law irrelevant?

Moral or immoral is something that each of us have to decide. You do not get to decide that for us....as much as you think you can. You really can not. You in fact look like a total asshole for even thinking so.

I have already explained this in another post. I even did it in a nice way so cutiepie wouldn't start crying.

How about it just makes a person holding two nickels. Now he maybe a philosopher or he may be a redneck or he might be both but really either should not have to be told to respect the dead and let people mourn without being a complete asshole and pissing on their thread. You on the other hand seems to have forgotten common decency.

Jesus, to think Today, 12:52 PM , you might have shoulda just done what you said and quit posting to me.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #86
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Oh great cutiepie from Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
This children are all relieved that JoePa didn't break any laws. They feel much better. Now can we move on to more important things?
Please tell of the things of importance today.

Make sure they are in order so we will know....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #87
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomidis View Post
So, what you're saying is I shouldn't believe the state attorney general, the grand jury, and the state police commissioner who all said he broke no laws? If I am not supposed to believe them on that, then why should I believe them on anything that they have ever said about any alleged crimes?

If more information comes to light that implicates JoePa in part of some grand coverup, I am willing to change my opinion (which any logical and reasonable person would do.) Until then, the testimony of others and the man's own comments lead me to believe that he reported an incident to his supervisor and the man who oversaw campus police.
No, I think that in an environment where he is such an icon that even sitting idle while children are molested and having "We are Penn State" bullshit beaten from every drum, it is highly likely there was some influence peddling or chicken shit DA'ing going on.

Would you personally sit by with a known child rapist officing near you, knowing the authorities weren't contacted and sit by letting it go on and on? Do you think that maybe, just maybe they had a follow up meeting to the original the child rapist meeting? I'll bet the did. That's where the onus fell back on Paterno.

I personally have never been to a professional meeting where something so important that fell way short of felonious activities was discussed and didn't follow up. But maybe I worked for different mulch-national corporations than you do, and maybe I have a different moral compass than some.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #88
MrGiz
BANNED

MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #89
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Olivia rushed to judgement and will not back away from her hypothesis. Damn the facts or lack of evidence.

Quote:
Would you personally sit by with a known child rapist officing near you, knowing the authorities weren't contacted and sit by letting it go on and on? Do you think that maybe, just maybe they had a follow up meeting to the original the child rapist meeting? I'll bet the did. That's where the onus fell back on Paterno.

More proof of Olivia's psycho powers!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #90
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...bituary_012212

I'll let Dan Wetzel do my talking. For those of you too lazy to click on a link ... read on.

Truly great leaders are measured by the lives they reached, the people they motivated and the legacy of their lesson that can extend for years to come, like ripples from a skipped stone across an endless lake.
For Joe Paterno, the impact is incalculable, the people he connected with extending far beyond the players he coached for 62 years at Penn State, the last 46 as head football coach. Paterno always tried to be the giant who walked among the everyman both in the school’s greatest moments and, it turns out, in its worst.
Related Video
Paterno dies at 85 Paterno dies at 85

Alumni: Legacy lives on A look back A sad ending

Joe Paterno died Sunday at a State College, Pa., hospital. He was 85.
(AP)

Paterno died Sunday at a State College, Pa., hospital, suffering in his final days from lung cancer, broken bones and the fallout of a horrific scandal that not only cost him his job, but also his trademark vigor and a portion of his good name. He was 85 years old.
This is a complicated passing. What was once the most consistent and basic of messages – honor, ethics and education – seemingly lived out as close to its ideal as possible was rocked Nov. 5, 2011, when a grand jury indicted Paterno’s former defensive coordinator, Jerry Sandusky, of multiple counts of sexual abuse of children.
Many, including Penn State’s Board of Trustees, believed Paterno could have and should have done more to stop Sandusky, especially after allegations of misconduct arose in 2002. Within days Paterno was fired from the program and school to which he’d become synonymous.
Now, a little more than two months later, he’s gone for good, a bitter, brutal ending for an American original.
He was the winningest college football coach of all time, compiling a 409-136-3 record. He won national titles in 1982 and 1986 and recorded four other undefeated seasons, including consecutively in 1968 and 1969.
He was a bridge from a simpler time to the cutthroat business college football has become, somehow serving as both a progressive force (he believed in players’ rights, a playoff system and welcomed advancements in television) and a stubborn traditionalist (the Penn State uniforms remained basic, he never learned how to send a text message and he still used old-school discipline).
[ Yahoo! Sports Radio: Pat Forde on Joe Paterno’s legacy]
In 2007, when a group of his players got into a fight at a party, Paterno determined it would best if the entire team had to clean Beaver Stadium after home games. “I think that we need to prove to people that we’re not a bunch of hoodlums,” he said at the time.
That was Paterno at his best, this singular figure offering simple lessons. He was the rock. He was the constant. He was the conscience. He was JoePa, his nickname suggesting a fatherly quality to not just his players, not just Penn State students who could still find his number listed in the local phone book and not just Nittany Lions football fans.
He was a larger-than-life figure in the small, bucolic town of State College, and if you wanted to draw something good and decent from college football, well, here’s where you always could. Don’t worry, he’d still be there, as unchanged as ever.
Joe Paterno takes a victory ride from his players after defeating Georgia 27-23 in the Sugar Bowl to win the national championship on Jan. 1, 1983.
(AP)

He gave millions of dollars back to the school – the library is named after him and his wife, Sue. He raised millions more at speaking engagements across the country. He encouraged vibrant alumni to take incredible pride in their university, unusual for many state schools in the east. Yet he was still this guy out of Brooklyn, with a thick accent and even thicker glasses. He was humble. He was approachable.
[ Related: Joe Paterno’s coaching timeline ]
It seemed, for anyone who wanted to believe, that he provided perspective amid the circus.
“We’re trying to win football games, don’t misunderstand that,” Paterno told Sports Illustrated’s Dan Jenkins in 1968, when he was just 41. “But I don’t want it to ruin our lives if we lose. I don’t want us ever to become the kind of place where an 8-2 season is a tragedy. Look at that day outside. It’s clear, it’s beautiful, the leaves are turning, the land is pretty and it’s quiet. If losing a game made me miserable, I couldn’t enjoy such a day.
“I tell the kids who come here to play, enjoy yourselves. There’s so much besides football. Art, history, literature, politics.”
That this attitude would come from the guy who would win the most games ever was part of the charm, as if Paterno was running a ruse on everyone chasing him all those crisp autumns. He was playing chess, they were getting check-mated.
No, the full truth never squares with these kinds of narratives. No, he wasn’t perfect, he wasn’t without fault or selfishness or vanity or difficult moods. He was close enough though. Sometimes, having someone to believe in is enough.
“You know what happens when you’re No. 1?” Paterno said more than 40 years ago to Jenkins. “Nobody is happy until you’re No. 1 again and that might never happen again.”
It would happen again and again and again, actually.
[Joe Paterno: ‘I just did what I thought was best’ ]
In his final days, that wide-eyed optimist and aw-shucks success story was gone. The Sandusky scandal had sapped what no opponent ever could. He sat earlier this month at his kitchen table with, not coincidentally, Sally Jenkins, the Washington Post columnist and Dan Jenkins’ daughter, for his last public words.
He’d lost his hair from chemotherapy. His breath was heavy. He sipped on a soda. “His voice sounded like wind blowing across a field of winter stalks, rattling the husks,” Sally Jenkins wrote.
He tried to explain how he hadn’t done more to stop Sandusky, how he hadn’t followed up thoroughly, how he hadn’t pressed university administrators for answers.
“I didn’t exactly know how to handle it … I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise than I did. It didn’t work out that way.”
Some saw no need for him to explain himself again: He’d said much the same thing in a 2011 grand jury appearance. For others, there is no suitable explanation, boys were abused, the mistake too grave for excuses.
This will be forever the battle over Joe Paterno’s legacy. A life of soaring impact, of bedrock values, of generations and generations as a symbol of how to live life to its fullest.
[ Photos: Joe Paterno through the years ]
The Sandusky case cracked that for some. Ended it. Not for all, though.
Paterno reached too many, taught too many, inspired too many. And for years and seasons, for decades and generations to come, those that drew from his wisdom will pass it on and on. That will be his most lasting legacy.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women