Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70475
biomed161018
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #8761
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Cal McNair needs to fire himself for giving BoB as much control as he did. BoB let one of the best defensive players go for pretty much nothing a couple of years ago and then let Nuk go for a half assed running back. Then there is the failure to develop picks who were good prospects. BoB ruins careers by not teaching kids how to be pros.

Under Crennel they will be lucky to win 3 games. Watt, Tunsil, Mercilus and Watson should immediately go on IR. No point in risking their careers for this team.

The dumbass owners now will have to wait the season out to even begin the search for a decent GM. No team is going to give them permission to talk to assistants in the middle of the season. The alternative is hiring one sitting on the sidelines this season because no one else wanted them. Anyone know what Charley Casserly is doing these days? LMAO

Once a GM is hired then they can begin the coaching search. This pretty much means next year is a bust too. Do it any other way and you are piece-mealing it together which won't work, not when you have let 1st round talent walk away for 2nd and 3rd picks.
Fucking idiots!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #8762
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Who is surprised?
The McNair Family. They should have never let BoB trade Hopkins and put so many bad deals together that obviously affect the Houston Football Team's short term future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
Hard to believe that Gardner Minshew II has a better QBR, better completion percentage, more yards and the same number of TDs as Watson. O and 5 is a strong possibility, against a team with only 1 win.
It's not just because Hopkins was traded away. Although he's improved Watson's just not an NFL pocket passer. Last year Baltimore put an offense in place to take advantage of Lamar Jackson's capabilities. Houston didn't.

Don't expect the team to rally around Romeo Crennel. There's too many of "BoB's guys" who were overpaid to join the team and couldn't produce when BoB was here.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #8763
Blackwidowspider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

The McNair family, just cause you’re wealthy doesn’t mean you should own a professional football team, perhaps the real or best thing to do is sell to another owner. The Texans are as good as they’ll ever be, consistently falling short.
Blackwidowspider is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #8764
gnadfly
Account Disabled

You can say that for most of the NFL owners. Most will never sell or their families will never sell the team. What other company can you buy that appreciates nearly 9 figures every year, has little downsize risk and gets you invited to all the big parties?

You think it's bad here you should listen to sports radio in Dallas. The DJ will cut off callers who complain about Jerry. Their rationale: same arguments and Jerry can make a phone call and crush us. Jerry's gonna do what Jerry's gonna do until he wakes up dead or one of his son's wrests controls from him.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:47 PM   #8765
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Next Cal needs to fire Jack E. who has almost no football experience. Texans need to get someone like Alanso Highsmith who has played in the NFL and is widely respected for the work he has done. Have him select a coach. Really afraid Cal will let Jack run things.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:00 AM   #8766
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...M-15625208.php
Old 10-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #8767
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Why was Brian Gaine fired?
Old 10-08-2020, 08:17 AM   #8768
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

It is the Enron curse continuing.

Where did McNair get all his money.......from dirty deals with Enron.
Why did the Astros choose to cheat and steal signs.....because Enron financed their stadium. Sure they got a World Series win....by cheating.....but Enron reported record earnings by....cheating.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 AM   #8769
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Jack E so i have heard is a TQM follower so anyone he felt could not get the team to the Super Bowl was fired.

Luckily Cal had indicated that a real GM will be hired at the end of the season
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #8770
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Jack E so i have heard is a TQM follower so anyone he felt could not get the team to the Super Bowl was fired.

Luckily Cal had indicated that a real GM will be hired at the end of the season
I sure hope they wait. Some articles I've read put Dabo at the top of The Texans' list. He's at the top of many Texans fans list because of the Watson connection but he has zero pro experience, not even as a player. The last thing the Texans need is another coach who doesn't know how to develop professionals. Not saying Dabo doesn't, he just doesn't have a track record so it's really a shot in the dark.

Josh McDaniels' name has come up as well. I'm not sure they want to go the Patriot route again and I don't think he would excite the fan base.

Eric Bieniemy would bring the most bang for the buck IMO. He is a pro. He is with a team, and has been, that knows how to develop players. What he has done with Mahomes is far beyond anything I expected. Bottom line, the Chiefs know how to coach from rookie to veteran. The Texans need that experience desperately.

But...They have got to get a GM first. The coach has to be the GM's guy or you're right back in a power struggle between a hamstrung GM and an owner's head coach. I'm sure there will be some back channel talking but the Texans have to be careful because all eyes are on Bieniemy and lots of reports are saying that Houston is a perfect fit for the guy.

Jack E. needs to go. He's supposed to be some kind of character developer or some stupid shit like that. I don't see where he helps this team's character except maybe they are good losers. Just read a report that Watt had a heated exchange with BoB during practice a couple of weeks ago. I imagine that had a lot to do with BoB's firing. Watt doesn't seem upset that he's gone. He said he's looking forward to getting fans back.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #8771
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
BoB didn't like him.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #8772
gnadfly
Account Disabled

We had Total Quality Management at the company I worked back in the early to mid 90s. Total joke. Used it as a rationale for staff cuts and feather nesting. We had years of staff hours devoted to it and then one day management come out and said "stop."

About two years later management took us thru "The World is Flat" phase.

Rarely are the executives who force organizations through these trendy programs held to account.

Texans and the McNairs will look for an "advanced analytics" guy next and pull someone from AWS.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #8773
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

^^^^HA!
I worked a couple Six Sigma projects back in my corporate world days. Countless hours were spent wasting lower and middle management's time trying to devise a way to do something that was obvious to everyone. Upper management couldn't get buy-in on the obvious because they weren't assertive managers. They were more interested in playing corporate politics. So the company adopted a Six-Sigma approach to achieve the buy in on the obvious which is exactly what the team came up with.
Simply putting someone in charge that would take charge and enforce company policies and procedures would have saved the company tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The NFL is a different beast but having people in charge that know what the fuck they are doing and can sell that down the line will always work whether it's manufacturing, transportation or sports entertainment.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #8774
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default We've got competition

Falcon's fired their coach and GM. The Falcon's President said they are looking for an "analytics" guy.

Is "analytics guy" the new way to say "white?" Asking for a friend.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #8775
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

I get analytics in Baseball. To a certain extent I get it in Basketball. There are many games in both seasons. I think going the analytics route in the NFL 16 game season will not produce the same kind of results. The data set is not large enough to accurately predict results and year over year is not reliable because of so much player movement into different systems.
Case in point. Brandin Cooks apparently had a big day Sunday. He hadn't had one like that for a couple of years. How do you analyze that result?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women