Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47675
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35579
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #811
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJonesBaby View Post
Would you vote for Hegar if it meant flipping the Senate and getting rid of Mitch McConnell? Because it might.
Very possible. However, I don't see Texas in play for the Senate seat. Republicans will pick up the Alabama seat. Democrats will pick up the Colorado and Arizona seats. The Republican seats in Maine and NC are in jeopardy. Republican Senate seats in Montana and Iowa and Georgia could turn from red to blue although they are longer shots. No other Democratic Senate seat other than Alabama is in real jeopardy of being lost.

If Trump loses big time in November, he could cost Republicans the Senate.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #812
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Do tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
...I always use the 538 ...Polls may be incorrect at times to a slight degree but they've never been that incorrect.

538 you say? Accurate you say? Slight degree you say? Never been that incorrect you say?

I say...
Old 07-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #813
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

I see you didn't deny it. Check your PMs - you will be having mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonLeeJackson View Post
Sounds like you’re one of those senile Trump Filth Cult members. Whats so special about you besides having a potty mouth and probably an ugly face.

Attachment 872858
Old 07-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #814
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
538 you say? Accurate you say? Slight degree you say? Never been that incorrect you say?

I say...
Every once in a while you post something intelligent. This is not one of those times.

538 summarizes the polls of polling companies. They do no polling themselves. The results for 2016 were based on over 1100 individual polls conducted prior to the election. The major errors were in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. And in the week prior to the election the latest polls had Trump ahead in Michigan and close in Pennsylvania. Since the information in the chart gives equal weight to ALL polls, the late surge in favor of Trump is not captured.

Take a class in Market Research 101 for a better understanding.
Old 07-19-2020, 10:45 PM   #815
BJonesBaby
BANNED

And today, Trump’s interview with Chris Wallace aired. Wallace got in Trump’s face and challenged his lies. Trump flailed and perspired like a nervous defendant. it was not a flattering moment for Trump on his most favorable soapbox. I believe it’s only a matter of weeks before vulnerable Republican incumbents abandon Trump altogether.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #816
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Would you vote for Hegar if it meant flipping the Senate and getting rid of Mitch McConnell? Because it might.
Hell, i'd consider selling my soul (well, maybe renting it) to get rid of him. Biggest do nothing on the Hill. Last I heard he has held up the voting bill for 200+ days (along with a number of other things.)
Old 07-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #817
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Every once in a while you post something intelligent. This is not one of those times.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:38 AM   #818
BJonesBaby
BANNED

This morning comes with news that Trump now says wearing a mask is patriotic and nobody is more patriotic than “your favorite President.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m switching my vote to Trump! He is in step with the nation! Ha!
Old 07-21-2020, 01:00 PM   #819
PythonLeeJackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Meanwhile El Dumpf is busy trying to convince us he’s smart

Attachment 872887
Old 07-21-2020, 01:23 PM   #820
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ha! I was right. Try harder Yssup - I know you wanna.

Quote:
Old 07-21-2020, 03:01 PM   #821
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Old 07-22-2020, 06:48 AM   #822
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
This morning comes with news that Trump now says wearing a mask is patriotic and nobody is more patriotic than “your favorite President.”

I don’t know about you, but I’m switching my vote to Trump! He is in step with the nation! Ha!
I found his news conference yesterday to be rather ironic. He is admitting he has been wrong without admitting it.

He is finally recommending people wear masks after being against it, himself included, from the beginning.

After downplaying the possible severity of the coronavirus from the beginning, he now says Covid-19 crisis 'will probably unfortunately get worse before it gets better'.

Trump is behind Biden. His approval rating on the coronavirus is about 33%. He realizes he has to do something to improve his standing with voters and by going back to giving coronavirus updates, without medical support with him, is in his eyes the best way to do it. We shall see.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #823
BJonesBaby
BANNED

With Trump, it’s all about TV ratings. He doesn’t even talk about any other approval standard, especially when mocking anybody who isn’t him. His “briefing” yesterday had all the passion and leadership of his press conference where he was forced to begrudgingly admit Obama was not, in fact, born In Kenya.

His niece’s new book confirms what many of us have known all along. Trump is mentally ill and has never been fit to lead the country.

Kasich will endorse Biden at the Democratic convention, and other high profile Republicans are fleeing his sinking ship. Hopefully, it’s too late for many of them, like Cornyn, who will regret his record as a Trump enabler. Gov. Abbott already does.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #824
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Take a class on Get-a-Clue

Quote:
...538 summarizes the polls of polling companies. They do no polling themselves. The results for 2016 were based on over 1100 individual polls conducted prior to the election. ...
You gonna tell the world that 538 was so categorically and seismically wrong because one or two polls out of 1,100 got Michigan wrong?!? Sheeeze! Riddle me this: what did 1,100 polls do wrong then, that they have corrected since then? Nevermind. Goal-seeking was the enemy then and remains so. But then, I want the MSM to continue in their fatal flaw of informing people that Joe "Hiden" Biden is so far ahead in the polls that there is no reason for concern.

Here is some info to help you understand. It won't cure your continuously confirmed conformation bias and likely won't imbue with a clue either. However, it is how it works.

Rasmussen Reports, weight check on aisle 3, please!

...Weighting Republicans in your RV polls in the mid-to-low 20%'s? Based on what public bench-marking? #fanfiction

( @SHEPMJS
Tip: pull the other weight cards from Nov 2016 - except for @FoxNews
- who deleted theirs...)...

5 key things to know about the margin of error in election polls

In presidential elections, even the smallest changes in horse-race poll results seem to become imbued with deep meaning. But they are often overstated. Pollsters disclose a margin of error so that consumers can have an understanding of how much precision they can reasonably expect. But cool-headed reporting on polls is harder than it looks, because some of the better-known statistical rules of thumb that a smart consumer might think apply are more nuanced than they seem. In other words, as is so often true in life, it’s complicated.

Here are some tips on how to think about a poll’s margin of error and what it means for the different kinds of things we often try to learn from survey data...
Old 07-24-2020, 07:12 AM   #825
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
You gonna tell the world that 538 was so categorically and seismically wrong because one or two polls out of 1,100 got Michigan wrong?!? Sheeeze! Riddle me this: what did 1,100 polls do wrong then, that they have corrected since then? Nevermind. Goal-seeking was the enemy then and remains so. But then, I want the MSM to continue in their fatal flaw of informing people that Joe "Hiden" Biden is so far ahead in the polls that there is no reason for concern.

Here is some info to help you understand. It won't cure your continuously confirmed conformation bias and likely won't imbue with a clue either. However, it is how it works.

Rasmussen Reports, weight check on aisle 3, please!

...Weighting Republicans in your RV polls in the mid-to-low 20%'s? Based on what public bench-marking? #fanfiction

( @SHEPMJS
Tip: pull the other weight cards from Nov 2016 - except for @FoxNews
- who deleted theirs...)...

5 key things to know about the margin of error in election polls

In presidential elections, even the smallest changes in horse-race poll results seem to become imbued with deep meaning. But they are often overstated. Pollsters disclose a margin of error so that consumers can have an understanding of how much precision they can reasonably expect. But cool-headed reporting on polls is harder than it looks, because some of the better-known statistical rules of thumb that a smart consumer might think apply are more nuanced than they seem. In other words, as is so often true in life, it’s complicated.

Here are some tips on how to think about a poll’s margin of error and what it means for the different kinds of things we often try to learn from survey data...
To repeat -- 538 is neither right nor wrong as a source since they do no polling. They summarize the polls of other companies. The 1100 polls were taken over many, many months and each was weighted the same. Problem was the latter polls showed trending towards Trump and could not overcome the average weighting. There is no "goal-seeking" in polling, at least by the reputable companies. Again, I suggest you take a class in Market Research 101 to understand polling procedures.

Polls have been very accurate over the years. As I said regarding the 2016 polls, the polls right before the election had Trump coming on strong in Michigan and PA., actually leading in Michigan. I don't look at miniscule changes in polls and leap to conclusions. I look more at trends. Right now there is absolutely no reason to believe Trump will win in November other than blind faith that a miracle similar to 2016 will occur again. Very little positive.

You can choose to disregard polls. Trump follows them VERY closely and takes appropriate action. Latest poll has Biden +13 in Florida. Trump knows that if he loses Florida his path to victory becomes close to non-existant. He is already pouring vast amounts of money into the state and will be visiting it frequently. Why? He understands the polls.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women