Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59994
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #61
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_Kat View Post
And when are they going to start taxing churches? It's only fair.
How about if we make donations to churches not a tax deduction anymore?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #62
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

COG I get that. But now it's LAW. What's next? OUR guns? Oral sex? Or seriously, women's right to vote? You of all people should be pissed that some grand standing pol has reached so far into your family. It's not right dammit and people should be rightly pissed that one group of people now has the special written into law right, just for them, to say that in spite of what your Dr has prescribed, they refuse to help you because of personal beliefs. Fracking Gov can make his points with the religious right somewhere else than our daughter's vagina, and the bastard needs kicked OUT, tarred and feathered, and kicked in the balls by every woman in the State of Kansas.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #63
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

It is to bad....here we are in the 21st Century, and with plenty of other issues to address....and yet as a society we are still hung up with laws regulating or eliminating strip clubs, birth control and gay marriages.

Seems, as a society, we continue to be backwards when it comes to anything sex related issues
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #64
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

Encounters: 35

So to take this "logic" to it's logical conclusion, no one has any responsibilities to the greater society, we are each totally on our own in a libertarian utopia, where only what I individually want or believe matters. So an emergency room doctor ought to be able to refuse to you service, or pain medication, or whatever, if doing so is against his or her own personal beliefs. After all, we wouldn't want the government to make those decisions...
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #65
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

http://front.moveon.org/kate-beckins...government-in/
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #66
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You people come up with so many strawmen. An ER doc would be under contract with the hospital.

This isn't the regulation of birth control. Forcing the pharmacist to sell birth control is the regulation.

And thanks for the vid from MoveOn. George Soros has always been so objective.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #67
shamrock55
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

People keep focusing on Birth Control which won't be an issue because from what I have been told by professionals birth control can't cause an abortion. Be more worried about a pregnant woman who discovers she has cancer or another disease where the medicine could cause her to lose the child and see how that plays out. Any doctor who refuses to sell birth control based on this law will end up defending a law suit and would most likely lose.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #68
shamrock55
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

The scariest law was one in which they had written in to the law that the doctor could lie to you about your medical condition or that of your child if they thought it could prevent an abortion. When women can no longer trust a doctors advice health care will become seriously fucked. Luckily I think that law got changed in committee or maybe replaced with this law.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #69
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

Strawmen? Please... the crazies who support this kind of right wing fundamentalist christian pandering legislation pose the biggest straw man of them all... that the government can't require a private business to do this or that. Really? The government requires business to do things all the time, from building codes, to health regulations, to ADA compliance, to hiring practices, to environmental standards, to minimum wages and accounting practices, and number of which might be against any individuals personal beliefs. Saying that somehow a requirement to put your personal beliefs in check and provide women with birth control is "different" than any other regulation is a crock. It's simple pandering, grandstanding, playing to the fundamentalist base of the republican right at the expense of women's rights and health.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #70
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Damn Adeptus, this is the most I've seen you post in I don't know how long. lol
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #71
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ok then. Government can make businesses and people do whatever government wants them to. If that's what you like, go for it. I'm outta here!
Old 05-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #72
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
OATH OF A PHARMACIST

"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of
pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:

• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my PRIMARY CONCERNS. (emphasis added). My views will define what I feel is the best for my patients since I am the professional.
• I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients. and I do not think that birth control is for everyone.
• I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
• I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
• I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
• I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care. Improvement may mean that acknowledging personal responsibility is for the ultimate good of the patient.
• I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.

I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”

Not necessarily my views but just playing DA that this oath is a little vague in some places.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #73
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

I'm not saying the government can require you to anything they want. All I am doing is pointing out the fallacy of the argument behind this law, which is that the government can't require you to do anything at all.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #74
Guest080613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
I guess a pharmacist doesn't have a oath like a doctor.
Cog and JD you guys would have made great puritans
Wrong.

Here it is:

Quote:
"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of
pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
• I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal
outcomes for my patients.
• I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
• I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
• I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral,
ethical and legal conduct.
• I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
• I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of
pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am
entrusted by the public.”
KsJack
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #75
Guest080613
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I always find it fascinating that people always claim they want freedom, in fact demand it, unless, of course, that freedom enables others to do things they don't want other people to do.

People in this thread DEMAND the freedom to have an abortion and then bemoan the fact that the pharmacy should have the right to dispense, or not, medications that might cause an abortion based on their religious principles.

Apparently, one side's freedom is more important than the other.

Does anyone else note the irony in that?

KsJack
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women