Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60015
gman4452943
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47612
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
CJ7
Valued Poster

the SS rumor began with Orly Taiz ... that alone should be enough for any sane human, nonetheless

the SS admin itself said Obama had his number long before the guys # he supposedly copied died

but hell everyone knows the SS admin is just a bunch of libs dont they !!

eos
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #62
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Yet another site vouches for Snopes:

From/Source:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/int..._exposed_2.htm

Not to disparage TruthorFiction.com owner Rich Buhler, who does maintain an up-to-date and generally trustworthy resource, but by comparison his analyses tend to be perfunctory, and his sourcing minimal at best.

Snopes.com boasts a 15-year record of providing accurate, dependable information and analysis, and in that time has earned the confidence of the media, government agencies, the business community, and the general public alike.

Given all of the above, Snopes is surely the preferable resource.

UPDATE: The Bud Gregg incident

A subsequent variant of this rumor purports to describe a verified instance of political bias on the part of Snopes.com:

Excerpt from forwarded email contributed by Paul S., Oct. 29, 2008:

A few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the internet, 'supposedly' the Mikkelson's claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort 'ever' took place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this and I gave him Bud Gregg's contact phone numbers - and Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet, snopes.com issued a statement as the 'final factual word' on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things - not!

As claimed directly above, the Snopes.com page in question concerns a political (anti-Obama) sign erected by Mandeville, Louisiana State Farm Insurance agent Bud Gregg. Snopes.com indeed states that Mr. Gregg was asked by State Farm's corporate office to remove the sign. But whereas the above text claims that "nothing of the sort ever took place," State Farm has confirmed in writing that "Management requested the sign be removed as soon as its presence became known."
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #63
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Ya Stevie is right about snopes... OH opps, no he's not. Sorry I read that wrong.

I can't remember what the subject was, but sometime ago they were busted for having an agenda. I was sorta crushed when that happened and they lost all credibility with me. It was even something that would have made me very happy if it were true, but I don't want it if it's dressed up to look true from a source I trusted. Believe it or not most of us actually care about the truth.

However, that does not change the fact the congressman did in fact receive an aware from those commies.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #64
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
yup, I'd be sure to refer to a president as 'Baboona' too

just for the CLAS ACT full effect mind you.
I've never done that. Just for the record.

And who gives a rat's ass where his SS card came from? This is more birther BS. The man is a bad president, and ought not be re-elected. Going off on these snipe hunts is ridiculous, and distracts us from the real objective, which is electing a new President.

These issues are irrelevant. We need to elect a Libertarian President, and Congress; implement Libertarian policies, and prove that it is a better way to govern. If it's not, you will be free to elect another (or the same) Marxist.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #65
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I've never done that. Just for the record.

And who gives a rat's ass where his SS card came from? This is more birther BS. The man is a bad president, and ought not be re-elected. Going off on these snipe hunts is ridiculous, and distracts us from the real objective, which is electing a new President.

These issues are irrelevant. We need to elect a Libertarian President, and Congress; implement Libertarian policies, and prove that it is a better way to govern. If it's not, you will be free to elect another (or the same) Marxist.

Roger that ... 99% anyway.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #66
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Yeah! Quoting a blogger always impresses me!

LMAO! Truth or Fiction is no leftist site and here's what they say about your Soros story! Ooooooooooooooooops

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/snopes.htm
I'm supposed to believe it's not a leftist site because you say so? You must be kidding. You probably think Pravda and The New York Times are unbiased.

As far as blog sites being unreliable, it was Little Green Footballs (a blog site) that exposed Dan Rather's Sixty Minutes story on George W Bush to be fraudulent back in 2004. That was a blog site that turned out to be more reliable than CBS News.

Blog sites are kind of like the wild west. A lot of times they're unreliable, but they're useful in providing an alternative to main stream media which has been almost completely co-opted by the left.

I trust ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. about as far as I can throw my car.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #67
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yet another site vouches for Snopes:

From/Source: http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/int..._exposed_2.htm

Not to disparage TruthorFiction.com owner Rich Buhler, who does maintain an up-to-date and generally trustworthy resource, but by comparison his analyses tend to be perfunctory, and his sourcing minimal at best.

Snopes.com boasts a 15-year record of providing accurate, dependable information and analysis, and in that time has earned the confidence of the media, government agencies, the business community, and the general public alike.

Given all of the above, Snopes is surely the preferable resource.

UPDATE: The Bud Gregg incident

A subsequent variant of this rumor purports to describe a verified instance of political bias on the part of Snopes.com:

Excerpt from forwarded email contributed by Paul S., Oct. 29, 2008:

A few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the internet, 'supposedly' the Mikkelson's claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort 'ever' took place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this and I gave him Bud Gregg's contact phone numbers - and Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet, snopes.com issued a statement as the 'final factual word' on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things - not!

As claimed directly above, the Snopes.com page in question concerns a political (anti-Obama) sign erected by Mandeville, Louisiana State Farm Insurance agent Bud Gregg. Snopes.com indeed states that Mr. Gregg was asked by State Farm's corporate office to remove the sign. But whereas the above text claims that "nothing of the sort ever took place," State Farm has confirmed in writing that "Management requested the sign be removed as soon as its presence became known."
It's like the Los Angeles Times vouching for the reliabilty of the New York Times. Both sites are probably leftist crap.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #68
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I'm supposed to believe it's not a leftist site because you say so? You must be kidding. You probably think Pravda and The New York Times are unbiased.

As far as blog sites being unreliable, it was Little Green Footballs (a blog site) that exposed Dan Rather's Sixty Minutes story on George W Bush to be fraudulent back in 2004. That was a blog site that turned out to be more reliable than CBS News.

Blog sites are kind of like the wild west. A lot of times they're unreliable, but they're useful in providing an alternative to main stream media which has been almost completely co-opted by the left.

I trust ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. about as far as I can throw my car.

and the BIRFER's holy grail is Faux Nuz.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #69
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
the SS rumor began with Orly Taiz ... that alone should be enough for any sane human, nonetheless

the SS admin itself said Obama had his number long before the guys # he supposedly copied died

but hell everyone knows the SS admin is just a bunch of libs dont they !!

eos
Actually the story began with the private investigator that supposedly discovered the bogus number. Here's an audio tape of her account of what she discovered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m6PPL9yVyE
Old 03-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #70
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

joe, step away from the car! You know you're not ready to drive.

Actually, Little Green Footballs also broke the story where the New Yorker who worked for a brokerage firm on Wall Street copied pictures from a four-year-old Anti-War rally in Portland and labeled them as current pictures of the Occupy Wall Street protesters in November of 2011 and trashed them for burning an American flag (again a picture copied from a 2007 anti-war rally) on the worker's Facebook page.

Aw, somebody working on Wall Street wouldn't do something to discredit the Occupy Wall Street movement, would they?
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #71
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
and the BIRFER's holy grail is Faux Nuz.
It's hard to tell if your bizarre spelling is a feeble attempt at humor or just another example of a typical government school graduate.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #72
CJ7
Valued Poster

BIRFER was no accident or attempt at humor.

Fitting describes it very well.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #73
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
BIRFER was no accident or attempt at humor.

Fitting describes it very well.
I'm going to attribute the weakness of your last post to mental fatigue. It's been a long day.

Perhaps you'll be able to think of something more clever in the morning.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #74
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Aw, somebody working on Wall Street wouldn't do something to discredit the Occupy Wall Street movement, would they?
Fact is, the OWS people do enough to discredit themselves.

Woman Raped at Occupy New Haven: Cops
Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012
A woman was raped in a tent at the Occupy camp late on Monday night or early Tuesday morning, police said.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Woman-Raped-at-Occupy-New-Haven-Cops-142627056.html

The sanitation team has reported finding needles in tents, and reports of crack and crystal meth use have surfaced. But the most serious concern most protesters say, is the risk of assault, especially for women and at night.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/01/occupy-wall-street-security_n_1069597.html

The #Occupiers have put together quite an impressive record:

- 9 deaths, 5 found dead in tents, One found dead after 2 days
- 2 murders (Not counting the protester who strangled his parents and stuffed them in a car)
- Tens of millions of dollars in damages, layoffs, vandalism, law breaking
- Multiple Rapes
- Thousands of arrests
- Public masturbation
- Feces
- Child molestation and baby abuse

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/?refresh=true
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #75
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

HEADLINES tomorrow. "joe crushes Ozombies" LOL