Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60106
gman4452947
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40365
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35474
Mojojo33117

Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #61
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

The Right to legal representation.

Taxpayers pay for that.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #62
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

The Tea Parties sprang from the Ron Paul Revolution. Small government is the key to an American success. End the Federal Reserve's choke-hold on the economy. End the Federal Income Tax and force the federal government to live within it's means.

I know some may think I'm an ultra-conservative, but I am a top-dead center libertarian, although I don't aspire to a label. I do not believe that the left/right paradigm is any benefit to people of the US. I believe dividing people into left and right or black and white is creating divisive intolerance. By labeling people we promote differential/preferential treatment.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a left and a right side to the Constitution. But it isn't going to happen because there never was a left or right side of the Constitution. I, as well as others, took an oath to defend the Constitution. IMO, that means the Constitution as it was written. The oath means a lot to me and it didn't cease to exist because my contract ended.

In a free society, there will always be lower, middle and upper classes as long as some people aspire to achieve while others are comfortable working for those who have excelled. Face it!!! Some people aspire to mediocrity and that in no way should mean that those who are successful should have to pave the way for those who don't have a personal self interest in success.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #63
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
can anything that depends on another person to pay for it be a "right"?
Depends on your point of view -- from the left it appears a yes, from the right a no.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #64
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to show me a left and a right side to the Constitution. But it isn't going to happen because there never was a left or right side of the Constitution. I, as well as others, took an oath to defend the Constitution. IMO, that means the Constitution as it was written.
Even those who wrote the Constitution didn't agree on what each part meant lol .... or at the very least they understood that it would be open to interpretation. If it was written in such a clear cut manner then we wouldn't have the need for the Supreme Court to rule on whether laws were or were not constitutional.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #65
pjorourke
Valued Poster

BTW, Tea Parties aren't just a right wing thing -- they don't have right wingers in Marin County CA, but they do have Tea Partiers: http://www.marinij.com/ci_14630734

But then again, California is all but bankrupt. They make Greece look healthy.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #66
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default singing to the choir

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Depends on your point of view -- from the left it appears a yes, from the right a no.

causes all sorts of dislocations.... dontcha think
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #67
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Even those who wrote the Constitution didn't agree on what each part meant lol .... or at the very least they understood that it would be open to interpretation. If it was written in such a clear cut manner then we wouldn't have the need for the Supreme Court to rule on whether laws were or were not constitutional.
im worried about you..and all the kids who followed behind you under the same teachers
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #68
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
causes all sorts of dislocations.... dontcha think
Looking at things from such divergent points of view could throw your back out.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #69
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
They didn't agree, but they all signed it? Does that make any sense? Every issue that was debated, pre-signing, was agreed to by all parties. They decided it would take a lot to make any changes to the Constitution. Afterwards, they all took an Oath of Office when elected to defend the Constitution. The general consensus was a limited constitutional government where democracy would not trample the rights of the individual.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #70
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post

I am not "calling you out" or anything like that just asking if you have some research to show.
They have done all kinda things since the sixties to hide just how much Defense spending really is as a % of GDP

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm

pj hates this chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Gotta watch those generalizations,

And I have been to one myself. In general it is an older whiter group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post

By the way, did you note that the turn out for the GOP primary was 2X the usual? Don't think the tea parties mean anything huh?

Regards,
And you need to figure out if it was because there was a contested primary with a sitting Senator and Gov or because of the third place Tea Party Debora whats here name.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #71
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Quote:
The Tea Parties sprang from the Ron Paul Revolution. Small government is the key to an American success. End the Federal Reserve's choke-hold on the economy. End the Federal Income Tax and force the federal government to live within it's means.

I know some may think I'm an ultra-conservative, but I am a top-dead center libertarian, although I don't aspire to a label. I do not believe that the left/right paradigm is any benefit to people of the US. I believe dividing people into left and right or black and white is creating divisive intolerance. By labeling people we promote differential/preferential treatment.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a left and a right side to the Constitution. But it isn't going to happen because there never was a left or right side of the Constitution. I, as well as others, took an oath to defend the Constitution. IMO, that means the Constitution as it was written. The oath means a lot to me and it didn't cease to exist because my contract ended.

In a free society, there will always be lower, middle and upper classes as long as some people aspire to achieve while others are comfortable working for those who have excelled. Face it!!! Some people aspire to mediocrity and that in no way should mean that those who are successful should have to pave the way for those who don't have a personal self interest in success.
Nor should a free society permit the successful people from treating the people in the middle as "pavement" and walking all over them. That's clearly been the trend of the past thirty years.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #72
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
Nor should a free society permit the successful people from treating the people in the middle as "pavement" and walking all over them. That's clearly been the trend of the past thirty years.
I disagree, I think it started in the late 1800's. Does anyone remember the names of the Robber Barons? If you follow their careers they all got into politics or funded like-minded people to get into politics or policy steering groups. Some even plotted a coup against FDR. Look up Smedley Butler and the Business Plot, a reported political conspiracy in 1933 which involved wealthy businessmen. The Robber Barons advocated oligarchy, which is a step between democracy and dictatorship.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #73
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

The trend I referred to is just the most recent, not the first nor will it be the last. If you look back at the ebb and flow of political/economic power over the past 200 years, you will see there were various time the elite (oligarchs) had the upper hand. The political pendulum being what it is then ultimately would swing the other way and the middle class would bring their leaders to power. Those are all trends that generally occur over 20-40 year time frames.
The intent of my post was to point out the trend of the past 30 years has been to concentrate wealth and reduce the middle class. That has clearly taken place. Your original post suggested that the wealthy need not "pave" the way for the "mediocre" (your words). While I agree it is not their job to do that, nor is it their right to treat the "middle class" as "pavement" and trample them (my words).

[quote=DFW5Traveler;164083]I disagree, I think it started in the late 1800's. Does anyone remember the names of the Robber Barons? If you follow their careers they all got into politics or funded like-minded people to get into politics or policy steering groups. Some even plotted a coup against FDR. Look up Smedley Butler and the Business Plot, a reported political conspiracy in 1933 which involved wealthy businessmen. The Robber Barons advocated oligarchy, which is a step between democracy and dictatorship
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #74
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
The trend I referred to is just the most recent, not the first nor will it be the last. If you look back at the ebb and flow of political/economic power over the past 200 years, you will see there were various time the elite (oligarchs) had the upper hand. The political pendulum being what it is then ultimately would swing the other way and the middle class would bring their leaders to power. Those are all trends that generally occur over 20-40 year time frames.
The intent of my post was to point out the trend of the past 30 years has been to concentrate wealth and reduce the middle class. That has clearly taken place. Your original post suggested that the wealthy need not "pave" the way for the "mediocre" (your words). While I agree it is not their job to do that, nor is it their right to treat the "middle class" as "pavement" and trample them (my words).
I don't believe all of the upper-class people are oligarch leaning. Some actually are true patriots. The last 30 years have been part of a cycle of a few gaining more power. The cycle started a long time ago and every few decades, the people challenge the monopolies created, e.g., Standard Oil and Bell Telephone. They break up the monopoly power and the cycle begins again.

Look at Bill Gates, he's pouring money into issues that where funded by JD Rockerfeller, a Robber Baron, in the early 1900's, i.e., eugenics, or planned parenthood. Let's take Jeff Immult for example. He is curently an advisor in the White House. Why would anyone agree to that arrangment? Follow GE's money now, they recently were awarded a lot of money for wind energy where the equipment will be built in China. Or how about health care, Immult is pouring money into electronic records. Who benefits?

Not all of the upper-crust use the lower and middle classes. However, there are those that see the rising stars in the middle as direct competition. Through policy steering groups, or special interest groups they will lobby to get those stars knocked on their proverbial asses.

I do see greed coming from some and I have to ask, how much is enough, but I still believe in the free market. Those that get too greedy will fall if they stop propping up the "too-big-to-fail" crowd. Have you asked yourself who really benefitted from the bank bailouts and who was involved? The free market would have let those banks fail as they should have.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #75
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
They didn't agree, but they all signed it? Does that make any sense?
Sure that makes sense. But the Constitution was left open to interpretation; the devil is always in the details not in the broad overview of the goal they were aiming for. Then of course the 14th amendment completely muddied the waters; but it too is part of the Constitution just as much as any of the original Articles are. The genius of the document is that was put together in a way that allowed it to serve the country with minimal changes over 225+ years that have been filled with changes on our society.
discreetgent is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women