Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47594
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #61
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehaar View Post
I don't believe that we could ever go back to a charity basis for helping the poor in retirement. Federally funded social services are like heroin. Once our society became addicted, there was no going back. The ObamaCare fiasco has the same issue.
While I agree with you , it never ceases to amaze me how right leaning so called small government zealots refuse to acknowledge Dwight D Eisenhower warning of the vast industrial military complex...

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...strial-complex

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #62
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Like I said, replacing Social Security with a voluntary program scares me. Yes, if I socked away the same amount that my company and I paid into SS, I probably could have invested that money and have a larger source of income. But would I have saved the same amount of money voluntarily starting way back when I began working as I and my company paid into SS? I'd like to think so but I doubt it. All I can say is Social Security worked wonderfully for me.
So cause some may not save on their own doddles, and it scares others, we should keep a rotten to the core, program??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamscram View Post
No one has mentioned why it isn't solvent now, because of both parties raiding it to balance their budget. Politicians can't see money lying around without dipping into it.
Which is why i feel ALL currently active politicans, and all those still alive drawing a retirement/pension, should have their pay CUT to 10% of what it is, and the remainder of that cut goes INTO the SS fund, to repay all the damn IOUs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
That's because the Liberals continually expand the definition of "disabilities" to include "conditions" that are avoidable and hardly prevent someone from working and the medical profession "plays along" with quakes writing reports to assist in the SSWelfare system .... as the recipients depart in their Caddies.
What makes me laugh about what qualifies these days, is the whole purpose behind the Americans with Disability Act being passed, was SO PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES could still work in the work force.. So if by the ADA i can't refuse to hire a disabled person, then other than being totally brain dead or quadriplegic (to where they can't even use their hands), No one should be 'too disabled to work' to where they need SSDI..

Add to that all the 'so called mental issues' that people get to claim disability for (slight depression, anxiety).. I know people with REAL mental issues that they take daily pills for who still work.. So again, that's not a real disability.

And IMO NEITHER IS being obese..

Quote:
The label "Libertarian" is a caricature.

..snip..

That doesn't describe a libertarian.
To me that 'snipped part' describes a Constitutionalist!

Quote:
I don't believe that we could ever go back to a charity basis for helping the poor in retirement. Federally funded social services are like heroin. Once our society became addicted, there was no going back. The ObamaCare fiasco has the same issue.
Which imo is WHY so many are ranting and frothing at the mouth over losing their 'obamacare'.. even though its only been what, 3 years, that's now seen as a RIGHT, and they will be damned if the govt strips them of their right to 'health insurance'..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:30 AM   #63
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Some folks get "confused" about social security, medicare, and medicaid.

Those some folks probably believe that ...
..."STOP" on a red sign means "slow down."
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #64
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
So cause some may not save on their own doddles, and it scares others, we should keep a rotten to the core, program??
Unfortunately yes.

You think Social Security is rotten to the core. I applaud it, at least as a retirement supplement. For some people, it is their only source of income.

In Texas, 24% of those 65 and older receiving Social Security payments get 90% of their income from those payments. These people, for whatever reason, have little to no income other than SS. Can you imagine where they would be without SS?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:28 AM   #65
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

To me that 'snipped part' describes a Constitutionalist!

Constitutionalist is the new State Right Segregationist

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #66
garhkal
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Unfortunately yes.

You think Social Security is rotten to the core. I applaud it, at least as a retirement supplement. For some people, it is their only source of income.

In Texas, 24% of those 65 and older receiving Social Security payments get 90% of their income from those payments. These people, for whatever reason, have little to no income other than SS. Can you imagine where they would be without SS?
Yes i can. I know many who saved for their OWN, cause they thought with the state SS was in, back in the 80s, that it wouldn't BE around any longer.. SO SAVED themselves, that way they wouldn't have had to worry about the SS safety net.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #67
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes i can. I know many who saved for their OWN, cause they thought with the state SS was in, back in the 80s, that it wouldn't BE around any longer.. SO SAVED themselves, that way they wouldn't have had to worry about the SS safety net.
Well, those people were wrong. Social Security is, at the moment, alive and well and living up to their commitment to send me monthly check. After 2034, it may be a different story.

I also saved beyond the 6.2% taken out of every check for SS. I was lucky in that I earned enough to pay my bills and have money left over. Not everyone is so fortunate. If you are barely making ends meet each month and are asked "How would you like a 6.2% increase in your pay" you would probably jump at that opportunity.

I don't know what sort of jobs the people you know who are saving more than just SS have. After retirement I went to work for a home improvement company making maybe $3 an hour over minimum wage. Not unusual pay in retail. This was "mad money" for me but for most workers at the company this was their only source of income. If the government gives people working in such jobs the option of opting out of "saving for retirement" they will more than likely do so. Worry about the future in the future.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #68
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

When they took that 6.2(it is actually 15%) out of your paycheck, it wasn't "saved", or "invested". That money is gone.

The money you are receiving is being taken from my descendants.

I have no problem giving you money.

I have a problem with you saying that you are "owed" money from my descendants. It is the equivelant of a Ponzi scheme participant saying that they are "owed" money from the plan, and since the plan was fraudulent, the participant has the right to pull a gun on the neighbors, and take their food.

Be glad we have a society that cares for its people because you aren't "owed" anything.

Your parable is instructive, and demonstrates that anybody has the ability to save money. There are always "wants" that can be sacrificed. Teaching people that saving isn't required is disgusting.
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #69
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Actually...SS and Medicares surpluses have given people like kehaar reason to overspend in other sections of government. ..such as Defense spending.

That surplus has covered up how big the actual debt has neen growing in nonrelated social services.

He dors not mention the gact that he himself is wanting his decedent's to pay for his military overspending.

Things one should know it they are really going to act like they can follow money.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #70
kehaar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Social Security is already "broke". The its outlays are currently greater than its "revenue".

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/socia...175058898.html
kehaar is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #71
garhkal
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Actually...SS and Medicares surpluses have given people like kehaar reason to overspend in other sections of government. ..such as Defense spending.

That surplus has covered up how big the actual debt has neen growing in nonrelated social services.

He dors not mention the gact that he himself is wanting his decedent's to pay for his military overspending.

Things one should know it they are really going to act like they can follow money.
By chance WTF, are you dyslexic? Cause your posts seem to always (or almost always) contain a # of spelling errors. Or don't you give a rats ass..??
Old 07-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #72
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
By chance WTF, are you dyslexic? Cause your posts seem to always (or almost always) contain a # of spelling errors. Or don't you give a rats ass..??
Probably.

Yes they do.

I do not give a rat's ass.

I have ADD...I usually type on my phone. I hardly ever proof read. I move on to the next thread. After I come back to a thread, if someone has quoted me...I see all the fucked up shit. But still it is a hooker board. Idc.

Plus....read this:

http://www.livescience.com/18392-rea...led-words.html

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #73
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Social Security is already "broke". The its outlays are currently greater than its "revenue".

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/socia...175058898.html
What about military spending? Its outlays are abov3 it revenue. Should we start cutting it too?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #74
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
When they took that 6.2(it is actually 15%) out of your paycheck, it wasn't "saved", or "invested". That money is gone.

The money you are receiving is being taken from my descendants.

I have no problem giving you money.

I have a problem with you saying that you are "owed" money from my descendants. It is the equivelant of a Ponzi scheme participant saying that they are "owed" money from the plan, and since the plan was fraudulent, the participant has the right to pull a gun on the neighbors, and take their food.

Be glad we have a society that cares for its people because you aren't "owed" anything.

Your parable is instructive, and demonstrates that anybody has the ability to save money. There are always "wants" that can be sacrificed. Teaching people that saving isn't required is disgusting.
15%? Please explain.

I'm sorry if you don't like my terminology. It is not my fault that the money I and my company gave to Social Security was spent on others. If I am not "owed" that money, why does the government send me a nice check every month?

Look, we have different viewpoints on Social Security. I am fine with that. We can always question if SS did not exist would I have invested an equal amount in some sort of savings plan. BTW, if an alternative plan to SS was available, would a company pay into it? I doubt it, which means you would have only 50% of the investment you currently have.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women