Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60405
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48453
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41651
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #61
ipfreely
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyMarie View Post
Some of my best experiences have been with pairing meats and cheeses, which brought out flavor a that I would have not noticed otherwise. I'd be interested in a wine good just for sipping...perhaps a port?

Tawny port...or sweeter, maybe an ice wine?
ipfreely is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #62
Guest032117
Account Disabled

User ID: 117397
My ECCIE Reviews

Never tried an ice wine, though I've heard of them. The production process sounds cool enough to try one just out of curiosity.
Guest032117 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #63
jabdallasx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Opus One, Specs has it at $300
You can also but Overture same wine as Opus One but only $100
jabdallasx is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #64
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Quote:
Never tried an ice wine, though I've heard of them. The production process sounds cool enough to try one just out of curiosity.
It's hyper sweet and intense!
I got paid to cut lots of frozen grapes as a kid.
But we also had access to hunt all the vineyards. Deer love grapes.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 AM   #65
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
I presume you are already familiar with the basic idea of an Ice Wine...

Stop into your local Specs - a decent Shiraz might run $15-$25, and a decent Ice Wine runs $25-$35, and I think you'd find some at any Specs.

This link might explain the taste better than I'm about to try doing. Imagine taking a Moscato, de-bubbling it, then distilling it down to concentrate until the 20% remaining is a somber work of art. By the same token, I could imagine taking an ice wine, watering it down, carbonating it, and then selling it as a Moscato.
TravelingGentleman is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #66
incognitolatino
Gaining Momentum

I like to enjoy the Riparosso Montepulciano d'Abruzzo, Italy. I used to bartend at an Italian restaurant, where I gathered some knowledge of wine but specifically Italian wine.
incognitolatino is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #67
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

According to Johnson, one of the disadvantages of wine is it causes a man to mistake words for thoughts.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #68
ftime
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

As far as eiswein you should read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trockenbeerenauslese
I taught wine appreciation "courses" at a local wine store. You can find a good to great German TBA for anywhere from $80 to well over a thousand (which you should kneel as you drink). I am a firm believer in CA cabs. Watch the movie Bottle Shock where Cali twice kicked France's ass. I must say The 1971 - I'm old - La Tache Burgundy beats the hell out of US pinot noir. I was forced to sell my wine collection. The highest price a single bottle brought was $1,600. While price can't always predict quality - Take Opus for example - there is some relativity. I did a blind tasting with 15 people from work who where skeptics. We had 8 wines, all cabernet ranging in price from $16 to $90 - with one exception. A bottle I had aged for a number of years with a market value o $200. 14 of the 15 people picked the expensive bottle as best. And not perfectly, but generally ranked the more expensive wines higher.

I had the huge advantage of getting great deals on wine through friends. Unfortunately, most of those wines are out of my buying ability these days. But it's nice to remember.
One last rant - I hate synthetic "corks". While they don't dry out and leak real cork is better if stored properly.
ftime is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women