Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM   #61
hittinit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Doc, you must be a BIG fan. However, regarding your last two posts...

1. I think clearing contracts off the books might not matter much next year or later because - again - you've had your two BIG DOGS asking for trades in each of the past two summers. The cat is outta the bag that there is now thin ice underneath the AT&T Center. Likely scenario: a Looooong rebuilding process here.

2. Those teams who "stayed the same" have their pieces in place apparently and can still make roster moves up until Feb 2019 - if needed.

3. Didn't Phoenix say they would give up that pick for an already "established" player before the draft? Spurs f@cked that one up if Ayton will be as good career-wise as in summer league.

Lastly, still don't see the Spurs doing ANYTHING to go toe-to-toe with the warriors. Afterall they are THE TEAM to beat.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #62
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Encounters: 52

To respond to each point. And all are valid, and great responses. I'm a huge Spurs fan. No denying that...

1. Aldridge may have been unhappy due to Leonard's situation and was told he would be "the guy" in SA. They both want to be the number 1 option and due to Kawhi breaking out, he wants more money, and his family is basically scamming the Spurs to get him out due to Pops choice. The uncle got butt hurt and held Kawhi out. Pop chose Aldridge and Kawhi wants out. It's pretty cut and dry here. So really, Kawhi is the only one I see a huge problem with here. And they are trading him due to the issues on both sides. But sure, there was an issue in the past, but Kawhis issue is about money and being a star. Aldridge was on play style and role which they fixed.

2. All teams can make moves between now and the trade deadline. Even Patty, Pau and Green are being shopped left and right for other needs. Will have to see what happens. The teams that stayed the same did not improve. Nuggets, Utah, Minnesota, Portland. Those teams could lose 5 more games this season and Spurs back to 2nd or 3rd out West. Lakers and Phoenix got better so others will lose more. Will we beat Gs after a Kawhi trade? I think it's very possible. They had a hard time guarding Aldridge and Gay. They lost McGee who kills us defensively. We have a shot. This year only maybe before we need to evaluate, see below...

3. Phoenix couldn't get the commitment from Leonard that he would stay long term. So the trade was a no go. For any of the top 3 picks which Sacramento almost bit on the number 2. But Kawhi wants LA. Not Sacramento. So yeah. Was hard to get a trade due to Leonard bolting after this season for the Lakers or Clippers.

There is news swirling around that the Spurs may go into full rebuild mode. They may not want to just make the playoffs. In all reality, I agree with starting a 5 year process so the Warriors are likely done by then as they cant afford the luxary taxes after another 2 seasons. By then we might of built a decent squad. It's going to be great to watch. Philly, Boston, Lakers, and Phoenix have all turned out pretty damn good. We have young pieces to start with ie Murray, Walker and White. Add Metu, Blossomgame, and any future picks we get. More is speculated here...

https://www.poundingtherock.com/plat...nuclear-option

A rebuild is happening soon and will continue over next 3 to 5 seasons. They are going to remain competitive for Aldridge sake while we have him, but we may trade him by the deadline for draft picks or after this year. Along with everyone else I mentioned. Or give it a go with final year of pop and Ginobili who are 7th seed and GS looking more vulnerable than they had been. We got a game on them. Anything can happen, and I see a rebuild coming soon, maybe not right away. Matter of time. Will wait and see what happens and its not a bad thing. I'll still be a fan good or bad.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #63
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default More Leonard speculated trades...

Philly has genuine interest, and looks like they may take Pau in a trade with Kawhi according to sources. The details of what we get in return are uncertain other than Dario Saric and Covington being included in the deal. But seeing that much salary heading out, there may be more names here.

I can not wait for a deal to be done already. Hoping for DeRozan personally.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #64
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

New Vegas odds have Raptors as favorites to win the Kawhi sweepstakes...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...oddsmaker/amp/
Old 07-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #65
hittinit
Valued Poster

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the AT&T Center, even MORE DRAMA approaching (queue Theme from "Jaws"):

https://thebiglead.com/2018/07/09/ka...lebron-durant/
Old 07-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #66
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Yeah. I saw that lol. 12 days!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #67
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Philly new favorites to land Leonard...

See the story here...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othe...urs-gossip/amp

Point being, same betters who picked Lebron to Lakers are now putting stakes up with Philly. Not sure what package we'll get, but likely not a super one as Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz off limits. However, there was speculation Pau is in this trade, and i'm all for it if that happens.

3 of the most dead weight we had in Tony, Pau and Anderson gone in one offseason? Am I dreaming? Least to me those were the three guys we needed gone in my opinion.

Likely get Covington, Saric and some draft picks. Maybe one other player to be determined.

Who will Kawhi actually be traded to?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #68
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Welcome Dante Cunningham to SA

Spurs signed a new role guy today with more length and athleticism off the bench with Dante Cunningham.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...h-san-antonio/

I liked him last year in New Orleans, guy can play. Seemed to mature a bit and played more meaningful minutes. Will see how he turns out here in SA.

We are actually signing quite a few quality role guys this offseason. I'm really wanting to see what this roster can do to get after it.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #69
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

So anybody know whats the deal with Milutinov? .....is he going to turn into Luis Scola, volume 2? ..... I'm guessing that the money over there, wherever he's playing, must be pretty good, or maybe it's more than the Spurs are willing to pay to bring him over here? .....Geez I know the money is important, but is it enough that the kid wants to screw up his chance to play in the NBA? ..... it just seems puzzling that he doesn't seem to care whether or not he plays for us .....
Old 07-18-2018, 12:47 AM   #70
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
So anybody know whats the deal with Milutinov? .....is he going to turn into Luis Scola, volume 2? ..... I'm guessing that the money over there, wherever he's playing, must be pretty good, or maybe it's more than the Spurs are willing to pay to bring him over here? .....Geez I know the money is important, but is it enough that the kid wants to screw up his chance to play in the NBA? ..... it just seems puzzling that he doesn't seem to care whether or not he plays for us .....
Looks like he's staying overseas. Keep an eye out. Not sure he fits the Spurs new direction.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #71
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

So is today the day we finally find out something on a Kawhi trade? ..... both KSAT and KENS are reporting this morning that a deal is in the works and possibly being finalized for basically a Kawhi for Derozan trade ( Kawhi plus Patty or Danny Green to Toronto for Kawhi and some spare parts ..... possiblt Poetl and Wright and a draft pick ) ..... keeping my fingers crossed that SOMETHING finally gets done regarding Kawhi .....
Old 07-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #72
hittinit
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
So is today the day we finally find out something on a Kawhi trade? ..... both KSAT and KENS are reporting this morning that a deal is in the works and possibly being finalized for basically a Kawhi for Derozan trade ( Kawhi plus Patty or Danny Green to Toronto for Kawhi and some spare parts ..... possiblt Poetl and Wright and a draft pick ) ..... keeping my fingers crossed that SOMETHING finally gets done regarding Kawhi .....
Have heard raptors agreed "in principle" to this supposed trade. I am reasonably sure it is health-contingent.

Olympic training camp just got a lot more interesting.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #73
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Breaking News...

Spurs are trading Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeMar Derozan and Jakob Poeltl.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-demar-derozan

Once deal is absolute final, I'll make a proper welcome. I'm actually very ok with this deal.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #74
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default Trade is done deal for Kawhi Leonard...

Pop spoke today on the radio about the deal. He wishes Leonard well and even more looking forward to working with DeMar DeRozan for the Spurs...

Demar is a 4 time All Star
All NBA 2nd Team (2018)
Averaged 23 ppg last year and 27 ppg 2017.

Led Raptors to best record in Eastern Conference last year. Looking to rectify being swept by Lebron last year in playoffs.

What are your thoughts on the trade?

Personally, loving it. Sent Kawhi as far as we humanly could, and got a really good player in return. Not sure how the radio is saying other teams were offering better. Media just wanted him in LA. This easily was the best deal.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #75
Dr Grey
WantToSeeAMagicTrick?

Default New Year...New Look...Spurs overhaul Roster for 2018 - 2019

Lots of changes this year, and the Spurs have revamped the roster thus far in the offseason. Let's take a look...

Who is gone?

Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Tony Parker, Kyle Anderson, Jeoffry Lauvergne. Also Matt Costello and Darrin Hilliard may not be back.

7 guys. About half the roster.

Who is new?

DeMar DeRozan, Marco Bellineli, Dante Cunningham, Lonnie Walker, Chimezie Metu, and Jakob Poeltl.

6 new guys and maybe 1 or 2 more coming to full out the roster. All in my opinion, upgrades over last year.

Manu has yet to make a decision. Will determine final roster spot. One more season would be amazing.

Projected Starters

Gasol
Aldridge
Gay
DeRozan
Murray

Bench

Patty
Bellineli
Cunningham
Bertans
Forbs
Walker
Poeltl
Metu

Really digging the type of players we went out and got. Very tough, physical, and should compete well with anyone. Will see how the rest of this offseason goes as there might just be a few more surprises as we have two spots open.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women