Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60128
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47647
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #61
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I fail to see the point in Six's post. Is he jealous that the media doesn't cover more crimes involving Latinos? Does he feel that the Latino community needs an Al Sharpton of their own? Maybe someday Six can buy his own media agency and cover what *he* wants to cover, regardless of ratings. Last I heard, it was a for-profit business and ratings = $$$, no matter how ridiculous or just plain ignorant, just ask Fox News!
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #62
whiz
Account Disabled

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
Then again, Zimmerman referring to blacks as "F***ing Coons" in the 911 call doesn't help his case much either.
CNN had an audio expert analyze the call and remove all the background noise.......it was something that Zimmerman was pretty much whispering under his breath.......but afterwards it sounded like "F*cking Cold"....which makes sense. Zimmerman had left his car at that time and it was a cold and wet evening.
whiz is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #63
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiz View Post
CNN had an audio expert analyze the call and remove all the background noise.......it was something that Zimmerman was pretty much whispering under his breath.......but afterwards it sounded like "F*cking Cold"....which makes sense. Zimmerman had left his car at that time and it was a cold and wet evening.
I heard the tape and it's posted here for all the hear. CNN's "audio expert" must be a fucking moron. He didn't say it under his breath and "F*cking Coons" is clear as day. Incidentally, it wasn't that cold in Sanford, FL on Feb. 26th according to the Almanac. Low was 53 that day, high was 69. Where the hell did you get that such completely false information from?

Maybe someday we might all agree on what the fuck reality is, but I am not holding my breath.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #64
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
I fail to see the point in Six's post. Is he jealous that the media doesn't cover more crimes involving Latinos? Does he feel that the Latino community needs an Al Sharpton of their own? Maybe someday Six can buy his own media agency and cover what *he* wants to cover, regardless of ratings. Last I heard, it was a for-profit business and ratings = $$$, no matter how ridiculous or just plain ignorant, just ask Fox News!

I could give less than a fuck what the media covers. I am just pointing out that there are other "travesties" out there. The media picks and chooses what they want. I personally don't give a fuck about Martin (not my son) or Zimmerman (a pussy for not being able to kick a 17 year old's ass in the first place).

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #65
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Sixxbach,

there is a HUGE difference between the Zimmerman case and the case against Fred Yazdi shooting Enrique Recio in NW Austin. Yazdi was arrested and charged with murder almost immediately after the shooting. Zimmerman walked out of the police station and it wasn't until public outrage of the shooting arose that Zimmerman was finally arrested.

Is Zimmerman innocent of guilty? Hopefully the case will make it to the trial stage and a jury of his peers will reach a decision based on the evidence presented.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #66
BigGerman
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I'd be interested in finding out whether or not "Stand Your Ground" laws also indemnify an individual from civil liabilities.
It does. SYG is an assertive defense, and it has to be brought up at trial. At that time, they will have a separate hearing regarding the SYG defense. If Zimmerman wins there, the murder trial is dimissed, and he cannot be sued in civil court.
BigGerman is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #67
Carl
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

I take it then, that if the charges are not summarily dismissed, that he would still be civilly liable even with an acquittal.
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #68
BigGerman
Gaining Momentum

That is my understanding.
BigGerman is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #69
austin_voy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Speed (may I call you Speed?), how much evidence do they have? Not even enough circumstantial evidence.

Carl, sure, they can sue. You can sue anybody for anything. Getting a judgement is another thing. If there is, an appeal will likely toss it out since the jury will probably be "corrupted" (not bought but have seen too much). And it would be kind of hard to prove that he denied anyone of their civil rights if "nothing happened". And civil rights are really only due to one from a governmental entity, not two individuals.

Is he "guilty"? I don't know. Is he "innocent"? I don't know. Will he be acquitted? Likely.
austin_voy is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #70
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_voy View Post
Speed (may I call you Speed?), how much evidence do they have? Not even enough circumstantial evidence.

Is he "guilty"? I don't know. Is he "innocent"? I don't know. Will he be acquitted? Likely.
Let me see -- someone is dead and Zimmerman shot him. Zimmerman says he was "standing his ground". Very possible. Yet how did Martin, who Zimmerman out-weighed by quite a bit, get Zimmerman on the ground? If Martin beat Zimmerman's head into cement a number of times, how did Zimmerman get up and why didn't he need medical treatment after the attack? Was there blood on the cement? If Zimmerman was beaten as badly as stated, there should have been some evidence of that. Did Martin's body show any signs of being in an altercation? As I said, Zimmerman was not a small man and Martin's body should have had some marks on it after such a fight.

Martin was shot at "close range" according to reports. What is "close range" and when did Zimmerman shoot Martin? Don't know if any tests can be done to show approximately what the distance was. If Zimmerman shot Martin while on the ground, self-defense is a very real reason. If Zimmerman shot Martin from a number of feet away, a "standing his ground" defense is harder to prove.

There is a tape which has a recording of what went on during the altercation. Two experts have stated that the voice yelling for help was definitely NOT Zimmerman's. Since they have no voice recordings of Martin, they could not compare the voice yelling for help against Martin's voice, but they did say it sounded like Martin's voice. Both Martin's mother and girlfriend (okay, not exactly unbiased witnesses) say it was Martin's voice.

Will Zimmerman get acquitted? Very possibly under Florida's "stand your ground" law. I will be happy to see the case come to trial and ALL the evidence come out. I certainly think there are many questions that need to be answered before Zimmerman is a free man. Whether or not Zimmerman can be proven guilty of murder, there is no doubt that Martin is dead because of Zimmerman's actions which never should have been started.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #71
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

nonsense.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #72
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Martin's clothing had powder burns on them. Close enough?

Also I guess you missed the IPhone photo taken 3 minutes after the shot was fired of Zimmerman's head bleeding profusely in two separate spots that was submitted at the time of the bail hearing. Then of course there is the medical treatment of the broken nose also submitted.

There is a lot of info yet to come out, but having watched the bail hearing for Zimmerman it looks like a conviction is unlikely.

http://www.zimbio.com/Rev.+Al+Sharpt...+s+Bloody+Head
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #73
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
nonsense.
Yet another pearl of wisdom from Nuglet.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #74
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Saul View Post
Martin's clothing had powder burns on them. Close enough?

Also I guess you missed the IPhone photo taken 3 minutes after the shot was fired of Zimmerman's head bleeding profusely in two separate spots that was submitted at the time of the bail hearing. Then of course there is the medical treatment of the broken nose also submitted.

There is a lot of info yet to come out, but having watched the bail hearing for Zimmerman it looks like a conviction is unlikely.

http://www.zimbio.com/Rev.+Al+Sharpt...+s+Bloody+Head
So how close does one have to be to get powder burns on clothing? I have no idea.

And the question still remains -- after having your nose broken and your head beaten into cement, how do you break away from your attacker who has you pinned to the ground?

Here is one person's viewpoint:

"But as the Atlantic’s Ta-Nehisi Coates notes, the case to be made against Zimmerman “will not be an easy one.”
The point is not whether investigators disbelieve Zimmerman. The point is whether they can prove that he is lying. Given that the other participant in the altercation is dead and unable to testify, that won’t be easy.
“I think it’s worth understanding how difficult it is going to be to prosecute Zimmerman,”

My opinion -- in our judicial system Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I agree that it will be difficult to convict Zimmerman. However, if our judicial system was guilty until proven innocent beyond reasonable doubt, Zimmerman would probably be convicted.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #75
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post

And the question still remains -- after having your nose broken and your head beaten into cement, how do you break away from your attacker who has you pinned to the ground?
Maybe you don't break away, maybe that is the point that you are able to shoot the attacker. If someone is sitting on your chest and ricocheting your head off the sidewalk with punches to the nose obviously your hands are not being restrained.
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women