Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70483
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #61
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

[QUOTE=I B Hankering;1830789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Woody View Post
Once again: Too many, like yourself, would rather just claim: “Bush lied.” Yet, that is the real intellectual dishonesty.

The absence of substantial intelligence indicates one of two possibilities: 1) nothing is going on, or 2) the enemy is really good at hiding what is going on. Hence, the WMD Commission and the Butler report both indicate that the intelligence community was correct in suggesting that Saddam was probably seeking to re-arm his military forces with WMD. That conclusion is, in part, based on these known facts: 1) Saddam had had WMD in the past. 2) Saddam had strong incentives to reconstitute his arsenal. 3) He had the money to refinance such a reconstitution. 4) He had trained, competent technicians who could reconstitute his stockpile of WMDs. 5) He had the necessary materiel on hand to proceed with such a reconstitution. 6) He repeatedly stalled and deceived the inspectors—which begged the question—“What is he hiding?”
Saddam had WMD's in the past - like the poison gas that we helped him make in the 80's? WMD's that anyone with a high school science lab could make?

Etc. etc.

This is 'when did you stop beating your wife' reasoning and could be used to invade anyone. "Albania, if you don't show us your nukes, that means you must be hiding them and we'll be forced, FORCED to invade!"

As long as this thinking remains prevalent, we will continue to be suckered into supporting bogus wars until we go absolutely broke. Well, we're almost there, hope you're happy.
Allen Woody is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #62
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
While this turd says the US is immoral for dropping the bomb, why doesn't he say the US is immoral for the poor education liberals give our children, or the US is immoral for making the underclass dependent upon government so liberals can buy their votes.....
Stay focused and keep thinking Marshall. I know by the time you're done listening today's Hannity you'll have a good counterpoint to share. Can't wait.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #63
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Uh, just a quick question. If Japan was vanquished and ready to surrender, why did it take TWO bombs to get them to the table?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #64
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
"The estimate"

This came straight from God, right?

That "estimate" has always and only been cited by the perpetrators and apologists of the nuclear holocaust, as with the idea that there was no alternative but to invade.

The Japanese had NOTHING. They were vanquished except for a very small percentage of fighting age men, with no oil, armed with knives and sticks, with empty bellies and starving families.

There were alternatives to using the bomb other than ground invasion. They were eating bugs. Simple siege and an offer of rice would have garnered a surrender in a few months. Simply saying "we'll let Russia annex the rest of your northern islands" probably would have done it.
Nothing you've posted refutes the fact that the Japanese were prepared to fight on. Your allegation that the "estimates" came from God underscores your ignorance. The estimates were extrapolated from the casualties incurred during the major campaigns in the Pacific, i.e., Tarawa, Iwo, Okinawa, Luzon, etc.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #65
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Isolated Japanese soldiers in the Philippines continued to wage war against the Filipinos until 1974. Yeah! They were ready to surrender. Bushido Code: No Surrender!
"wage war"...they were a few confused psychos in the jungle...US recovered their giant military base in the PI in 1945 and never even bothered with them...some 'war' the waged.

If you think there was no alternative to nuking civilians, and being the first and only nation ever to it, you're just not thinking enough.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #66
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
"wage war"...they were a few confused psychos in the jungle...US recovered their giant military base in the PI in 1945 and never even bothered with them...some 'war' the waged.

If you think there was no alternative to nuking civilians, and being the first and only nation ever to it, you're just not thinking enough.
And you're an "arm-chair general" sipping bourbon while watching the 6 o'clock news. Hence, your "opinion" in no manner changes the facts facing Truman, et al, in 1945.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #67
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Stay focused and keep thinking Marshall. I know by the time you're done listening today's Hannity you'll have a good counterpoint to share. Can't wait.

If brains were gold, you'd be poor......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #68
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Demostrating the power of the bomb at Hiroshima and Nagaskai probably saved the world; from a future demostration of the bomb's power.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #69
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

[quote=Allen Woody;1830817]
Quote:

Saddam had WMD's in the past - like the poison gas that we helped him make in the 80's? WMD's that anyone with a high school science lab could make?

Etc. etc.

This is 'when did you stop beating your wife' reasoning and could be used to invade anyone. "Albania, if you don't show us your nukes, that means you must be hiding them and we'll be forced, FORCED to invade!"

As long as this thinking remains prevalent, we will continue to be suckered into supporting bogus wars until we go absolutely broke. Well, we're almost there, hope you're happy.
First and foremost, Saddam had everything he needed to reconstitute his WMD program.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #70
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nothing you've posted refutes the fact that the Japanese were prepared to fight on. Your allegation that the "estimates" came from God underscores your ignorance. The estimates were extrapolated from the casualties incurred during the major campaigns in the Pacific, i.e., Tarawa, Iwo, Okinawa, Luzon, etc.
You're confused. The Japanese maintained a public face that they would meet an invasion with die hard hand to hand combat. Maybe they would have, for the feeble amount of time they would have been able to.

The estimates are of course bogus. Casualties undertaken from idiotic John Wayne charges on pillboxed, well-supplied fortress islands have nothing to do with a full scale invasion, with focused air support and the full weight of the US military on their Imperial capitol, which they never imagined could be invaded and had not prepared for other than issuing a partly number of small arms to citizens. Pistols with two bullets fired by starving children don't do much against a B-52 or a tank.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #71
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
You're confused. The Japanese maintained a public face that they would meet an invasion with die hard hand to hand combat. Maybe they would have, for the feeble amount of time they would have been able to.

The estimates are of course bogus. Casualties undertaken from idiotic John Wayne charges on pillboxed, well-supplied fortress islands have nothing to do with a full scale invasion, with focused air support and the full weight of the US military on their Imperial capitol, which they never imagined could be invaded and had not prepared for other than issuing a partly number of small arms to citizens. Pistols with two bullets fired by starving children don't do much against a B-52 or a tank.

even Jesus thinks you're a dumbass......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #72
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Demostrating the power of the bomb at Hiroshima and Nagaskai probably saved the world; from a future demostration of the bomb's power.
Sure, in science fiction. In real life, saying I'm going to do a horrible thing so you know how horrible it is doesn't make sense. If they surrender, that means we did the right thing, right? Whatever we do, as long as they surrender, we are right? Got it.

Let's release hantavirus-infected rats into their sewers so we can save the world from that too...
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #73
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Two bombs in ten days? Or months of sieges? I'll take the two bombs in ten days...bring the boys home, get on with our lives,,,,
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #74
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

It wasn't that horrible; it ended the war. And the world hasn't seen another since.

Quote:
Sure, in science fiction. In real life, saying I'm going to do a horrible thing so you know how horrible it is doesn't make sense.

Let's release hantavirus-infected rats into their sewers so we can save the world from that too...
Old 11-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #75
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
even Jesus thinks you're a dumbass......
You talk to Jesus and he tells you that nuclear annihilation was sho' nuff the right thing to do.

That's a wrap folks, hope you had a good time, see you down the road.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women