Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2023, 08:34 PM   #61
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I’ve posted this before. Tomlin and Mike McCarthey have almost identical records. McCarthey is on the hot seat every year. Tomlin has an apparent lifetime contract.
Today, we saw what a great coach can do with an average QB.

im confused............who is the great coach with an average qb?
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 08:59 PM   #62
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Kyle Shanahan and Brock Purdy! Trust me I’m not referring to Tomlin.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:25 PM   #63
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... "Fair weather" supporters - the lot o' you!

Where's your barrack for our black and gold??

.... So the lads got the complete snot knocked out o' them.
Does THAT mean they'll surely get their 'eads handed to them
by the shithouse rats from Cleveland?? - NO, it (prolly) doesn't!

... Stand with our Steeler lads! ... Play-offs coming 4 months from now!

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:11 AM   #64
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

And just that quick the preseason hype bubble explodes.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 06:22 AM   #65
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

I'm not gonna come in and bury them after a shitty Week 1. What kind of real football fan would do that? Y'all know there's 16 more games this season, right?

That said, Kenny is mediocre at best. He needs to play much, much better for me to get excited about him. I think the team will gel and rally, but it's going to have to be as a team. KP doesn't have the moxie to put them on his back and will them to win.

I guarantee if Kenny wasn't from Pitt, local opinions of him would be much different. Nobody cut Trubisky this kind of slack last year. If we're going solely on merit (not on feelings and homerism), 13 games into his career, KP has been totally mediocre thus far. They probably could have drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round with the same results.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 08:19 AM   #66
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Kenny definitely failed the first test. He played like a bottom 10 QB yesterday.

I definitely drank the preseason kool-aid this year. Thought I’d see a much different team.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:46 AM   #67
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Kenny definitely failed the first test. He played like a bottom 10 QB yesterday.

I definitely drank the preseason kool-aid this year. Thought I’d see a much different team.
Same old playbook, same old dink and dunk pass system

The offensive line needs to give Kenny a few more seconds and they need to utilize more down field pass plays to open things up with Pickens. He is too talented to waste throwing underneath passes to.
One pass downfield on a play the whole game

Canada sucks and the offensive line better get their shit together.
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:05 PM   #68
Iceman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
As I thought Peterson played very well
I've got to disagree here, I thought the 49'ers went after him with great success. I was looking for Porter to replace him halfway through the game.

I couldn't believe all the slipping, on your home field there's no excuse for that.

All in all though it's just 1 game. Pickett actually had a better rating than Burrow, Watson, Jackson, & Josh Allen. I know that means nothing after 1 game but that's my point.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:14 PM   #69
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I've got to disagree here, I thought the 49'ers went after him with great success. I was looking for Porter to replace him halfway through the game.

I couldn't believe all the slipping, on your home field there's no excuse for that.

All in all though it's just 1 game. Pickett actually had a better rating than Burrow, Watson, Jackson, & Josh Allen. I know that means nothing after 1 game but that's my point.
Your last paragraph is what I’m holding a little hope on.
For as bad as Kenny played there were about 10 other QBs that played worse.
However, I lose a little of that hope when I remember he’s being coached by Canada/Tomlin.
And being honest Kenny looked scared. He needs to somehow gain more confidence! All great QBs have a swag about them.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:04 PM   #70
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Cleveland will be a good measuring stick, lads.
I got a feeling that our side will play much better on Monday.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 04:39 AM   #71
tommy156
BANNED

Tomlin was the only reason they didn't finish 4-13 last year, or worse. Does anyone honestly believe that pile of shit from 2022 was a playoff caliber team?

But Tomlin had them right in the mix at 9-8. Dude should have won Coach of the Year for 2022. He took a steaming pile of shit and came within a whisper of making the playoffs with it.

Now, in 2023, if they don't finish better than 9-8, I'll blame coaching where necessary.

It's always funny to me that when they lose, it's because of "poor coaching", but when they win, nobody ever mentions the coaches. It's an observation I made about 15 years ago, and continues to amuse/frustrate me to this day.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:24 AM   #72
Iceman
Valued Poster

Tomlin is a better regular season coach than a playoff coach. How good was Tomlin in their last 3 playoff games? He's supposed to be a defensive minded coach but surrendered 45, 48, & 42 points. Before Tomlin, Steeler playoff teams allowed more than 40 points only twice in their history.

Canada is his guy so if he fails it reflects on Tomlin.

It's funny how the offense plays better when the QB's have more control. Like when Ben would call his own plays after falling behind due to Canada's play calling. Pickett also has done better late in games or the 2 minute offense.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:48 AM   #73
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

I don’t think Tomlin is a bad coach. He never loses his team. But he does have limitations that show up every year.
He is not even close to an offensive genius, so he leans on whoever his new OC is. And his hires in that dept have been terrible. That’s on him.
And like Iceman mentioned, his defenses have a terrible record in recent playoffs.

Hopefully Sunday was just a terrible day and we’ll find out Canada is a great offensive mind after all.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:31 AM   #74
tommy156
BANNED

I can agree that Matt Canada sucks, and that the hire reflects poorly on Tomlin. He (Canada) needs to go.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:49 AM   #75
Devo
Valued Poster

A dozen plus years wasted, can't you see the one problem that still exists from day one?
Devo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women