Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47596
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 01-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #61
Bushaholic
Ambassador

Encounters: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantiflas View Post

...For Enchiladas = Enchiladas on Greenville does a pretty good job on their sour cream chicken Enchiladas...
I frequent the one on Greenville and every time order their sour cream chicken enchilada's which are incredible! Order that and 2-3 of their strong $2.50 margaritas and it makes for one heck of an evening.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #62
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
There are a FEW half-ass decent places to eat Mexican food in Dallas. Moving here from Los Angeles has been a sacrafice to say the least when it comes to the food around here. I have had some HORRIBLE Mexican food around here over the past 15 yrs but have found a few places that are not too bad. There is no place around here like back home but here are some of my recs.

For Enchiladas= Enchiladas on Greenville does a pretty good job on their sour cream chicken Enchiladas. If you like hot jalapenos ask your Camarero (Waiter) for one from Guanajuato and you will find your request fulfilled.

Cabrito or Tripas= Ranchitos in Oak Cliff. Ranchitos is a place known for Tortillas hechas a mano (home made tortillas) and live Mariachi music played at your table side (for a fee) while you dine. The bar is well stocked and the food is pretty good. If you like Mexican BBQ then order a parrillada for two and enjoy a taste of four different meats.

It's late or early and you want a taco or quesadilla= Fuel City off of 35 and Inwood. You can even order some fijoles pintos refritos con queso (refried pinto beans w/cheese) and a few tortillas. What I like about this place is the meat is actually seasoned (a rarity in Dallas) without being too salty. All orders come with grilled onions and a grilled jalapeno. Real Mexican Tacos served the almost real Mexican way.

Greasy and cheap but pretty damn tasty= San Diego's Tacos in Irving off Story Rd. or in the heart of the ghetto in Pleasant Grove off Jim Miller and Lake June Rd. These two joints are also connected to Cesar's Tacos in Oak Cliff on W. Davis. The Taquitos are almost as good as back home. Matter of fact these guys even serve Champurado (a hot beverage) all year long. A lot of the "country" Mexicans that migrate to Dallas have no clue what this beverage is. Try it on a cold day and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The Menudo served at the location on Jim Miller Rd is the best I've had in Dallas and believe me when I tell you I've searched high and low for a decent bowl around these parts.

Sea food= It's all crap in Dallas. Enough said.

Cantina Laredo= It's not too bad. Far from home but not an embarassment to Mexican Cuisine.

Javier's= Went there once and thought it was pretty good. I liked the bar area and smoked a pretty good cigar.

Paisano's Tacos= Towed a whole lotta drunk people's cars off of Pollo Lucas next door to it and never really cared for their skimpy,over priced sorry excuse for a taco.

Mis Cazuelas= located on Main St in the ghetto of East Dallas. The food here is definitely cooked by true Mexicans that actually put some love into their cooking. I've eaten just about everything on the menu and never left disappointed.

These are a few of the places I can give the Cantiflas seal of approval when it comes to Mexican food. For me Tex-Mex is disgusting and an insult to the Mexican race. The places I have shared with you are priced for the working man (Javier's excluded) and are far from upscale. San Diego's is a dump but the rest are pretty decent and the restrooms are clean. Berkleigh you said you would go to the ghetto if you had to so gas up, update your ghetto pass and lock and load.
Bitter much? The idea is that here in TX you get TEXMEX. I lived in SoCal and there is a huge difference between the restaurants in SoCal and TX; the SoCal restaurants/burrito stands/roach coaches are not TexMex. The typical Mexican flair coming to TX is coming from central Mexico and mutated into TexMex.

Sea food is a regional thing and SoCal is just north of Baja where sea food is more abundant. The idea that food is reqional shouldn't be a big suprise, but I suggest that if you want SoCal Mexican food, open your own restaurant.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #63
Tapatio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
My ECCIE Reviews

DFW5Traveler,
Too funny! Nobody even asked for regional suggestions! Thanks for the geography lesson. I never knew SoCal was north of Baja California. I clearly stated there was a huge difference in the Mexican cuisine here in Dallas compared to LA. When I want SoCal Mexican food I simply book a flight and satisfy my want. The idea of opening a SoCal Mexican food joint here in Dallas is not something I want to do. Do you have any suggestions to contribute to this thread in regards as to where to indulge in fine Mexican cusine or are you just gonna hijack it and give us all a geography lesson?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #64
JohnBoyjrh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
DFW5Traveler,
Too funny! Nobody even asked for regional suggestions! Thanks for the geography lesson. I never knew SoCal was north of Baja California. I clearly stated there was a huge difference in the Mexican cuisine here in Dallas compared to LA. When I want SoCal Mexican food I simply book a flight and satisfy my want. The idea of opening a SoCal Mexican food joint here in Dallas is not something I want to do. Do you have any suggestions to contribute to this thread in regards as to where to indulge in fine Mexican cusine or are you just gonna hijack it and give us all a geography lesson?
Starting to sound like ASPD. I forgot to add Joe T's has great margaritas. There is a little place in FW that is just off Hemphill in a residential neighborhood that is behind the home and in a converted garage. They have the best " Tx-Mex " I've ever had and the homemade tamales are to die for. They are UTR . No phone listing or any advertising. I think the name is Mi Cosita. I'll get the address and post it asap. They are only open Wed. , Thurs. , Fri. for lunch only. It's the real deal. Concealed weapons ,not mandatory but suggested. Just kidding. The owners are gringo friendly as are most of the patrons.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #65
Tony Patella
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

My $0.02, but then again what the hell do I know?

Javiers: Great food, as clsoe to Mexico City Cuisine and ambiance as I have found in the US
Mia's on Lemmon: Hole in the wall, but solid Tex Mex. Quick, easy and reasonable.
El Fenix: The original, and still great. Downtown only!
Mi Cocina: Nice rendition of mole. Consistent service, nice presentation in a nice environment.

That being said, nothing compares to the real thing in rural Mexico. And for me, food quality, preparation and service all contribute equally to the overall eating/dining experience. No point getting tasty food that's luke warm, served by an ornery wait staff while the roaches dine at the table next to you, is there now?

TP
Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #66
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
DFW5Traveler,
I contributed and what I read in your post was a bash of local flair, I didn't see your post being productive to a thread with the title, "Best Mexican food in DFW."
Old 01-12-2010, 06:53 PM   #67
Adonis
Premium Premium

Encounters: 97

I work with a couple of people from San Diego and they're very snobbish when discussing "Mexican Food." That must be regional too! cantiflas you should try Taqueria El Si Hay, the second place I suggested - It's off of Davis so near places you know. Pedritos is in that area as well (on Jefferson) and they're just as good, really.

When close to home, I enjoy Mariano's or Mi Tierra - both in Arlington.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #68
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Fort Worth, La Playa Maya off Hemphill on the southside. Dallas, Ojeda's off Maple Ave..
Old 01-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #69
dfwphotographer
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

La Playa Maya is great in Ft Worth as TexRich said....

Esperanza's Mexican Cafe & Bakery is a great place for breakfast and for getting some prepared dishes to take home
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #70
GuyFawkes
Registered Member

Encounters: 8

There are a ton of places in the DFW area. I have 3 places I like to visit.

Mattito's - get the Bob Armstrong. It's not on the menu but freaking awesome!
Fernando's off of NW Hwy and Midway.
Luna de Noche - love the salsa and guacamole.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #71
jetdr21
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

Joe T`s is way overrated. The bakery on the corner there has a kick ass breakfast.. El Asadero is one of the best in FW. Also as Reese mentioned, La Famila near the cultural district is also very good.. Anywhere along N Main in FW is generally good. And there a bunch..
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #72
Pearl Man
Old, but concupiscent....

Default Let's Eat

Wow, lots of possibilities here. Seems like there are more in Ft Worth than Dallas. Maybe somebody with some time on their hands should tally up the recommendations so far and see which place is leading the pack. I still think it would be great fun to have dinner one night with all the Mexican Food Aficionados. I'm still hungry.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #73
mrod
Valued Poster

Damn... lots of mexican food lovers around here... As a Mexican.... Really good and authentic mexican food can be found at " la calle doce" there are two locations but the one in Oak Cliff tends to have better food.. It really depends on the cook also. other than that i usually go to my mom's house and no one can top that... I also love tex-mex but to me tex-mex all tastes the same to me... Uncle Julios is good tex mex even though they say they are mexican...
Old 01-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #74
Reese Foster
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Greasy and cheap but pretty damn tasty= San Diego's Tacos in Irving off Story Rd. or in the heart of the ghetto in Pleasant Grove off Jim Miller and Lake June Rd.

There is also San Diego's Tacos #3 in North Richland Hills on Hwy 26 south of 820. I agree greasy....but cheap and delicious.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #75
metal_head
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Anybody ever try Mexican Inn? I grew up on those homemade corn chips. The one on Lancaster is the one to go to, not those new ones with expanded menus popping up.
Thread Closed