Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70490
biomed161106
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40457
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #61
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post
I find it interesting that the Texas Penal code seems to contradict U.S. law as in - “Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

How about freedom of speech and your right to disagree (preferably politely) with a police officer as in:

City of Houston v. Hill (1987) the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the First Amendment "protects a significant amount of verbal criticism and challenge directed at police officers."
The Texas Penal Code is based primarily on the Model Penal Code, which is used predominately with some modifications throughout the U.S. by the States. So, it's not "Texas" ...

I'll ask again, what constitutional rights ...?

You have a constitutional right to swat a hornets' nest with your hand too ... exercise it!!!

It's called "freedom to associate" with hornets.

Your "freedom of speech" ends about 3 feet from an officer's face ... and if you want to "piss off the police" ... and be a "freedom fighter" expect to spend time in jail and bonding out .... with attorney fees on a regular basis ....

There is another important right, which is more important that being able to run your mouth .... about your rights ... its the 5th amendment right to be quiet, which is highly recommended by judges, lawyers, and even cops... in fact that all say you don't have to speak .. and most say it's a good idea not to ... unless they are lying to get you to speak.

There is a practical side to quoting all this case law ....

in many instances some person sitting on his ass in jail waiting years to get a result .. and paid thousands of dollars to obtain a ruling that it was ok for him to run his mouth to police.

Most of them .. would probably have gone home to sleep in their own bed had they kept their mouths shut or complied with the police requests, and would have had the discretionary funds to buy some more pussy .. or take some out for entertainment ... instead their lawyer gets to buy more pussy or take some out for entertainment while they hang out in jail or prison until their appeals have been exhausted.

I hope you are not suggesting that 1/3 of the roughly 1 million peace officers in this country are "bad" ... in the sense that they beat the crap out of people and abuse them physically in the process of their contacts with citizens.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #62
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

All you've done is point at a small woman screaming in agony as a 250 pound cop kneels on her neck and say "See! Look at her arm twitch! She is assaulting him!" You're just a shill for rogue cops.

That is LexusLover problem. Even after a video with audio, he still defends the indefensible. Now if he was the Cops attorney of record, I would expect a vigorous defense. But LL is of the opinion that the Cop did nothing wrong even after he as watched/heard the video.

Maybe he is just showing off to his Cop buddy.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by austxjr View Post

Couldn't agree more on the generalizing part, however, I had an ex-police officer, sheriff, DA, Judge and defense attorney friend of mine opine that about a third of most police forces try to do a great lawful job, about a third go along to get along (which means they do the right thing with a good partner and not so much with a bad partner) and the last third mainly wants to drive fast cars, carry a gun and lord it over people, plus didn't have an offense on their record when they applied to the police academy.

_of_cop
That is the case in every profession....1/3 doers, 1/3 followers, 1/3 trouble.

LL thinks Cops are somehow different than the rest of humanity.

My guess is (and I have read somewhere) 80% of complaints stem from 20% of cops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle
Pareto principle
It is a common rule of thumb in business; e.g., "80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients". Mathematically, the 80-20 rule is roughly followed by a power law distribution (also known as a Pareto distribution) for a particular set of parameters, and many natural phenomena have been shown empirically to exhibit such a distribution.[3]
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #64
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
My guess is (and I have read somewhere) 80% of complaints stem from 20% of cops.
Enough said. Did you read your "guess" somewhere?

Note the operative word ... "complaints" ....

.... there was a "complaint" filed against Zimmerman in the Martin incident.

Result?

So now you want to persecute on the basis of %'s...

.. you really might want to rethink that "judicial decision making approach"?
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women