Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60058
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47627
pyramider46370
bambino40344
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35457
Mojojo33117

Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 AM   #61
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
It's not unheard of to meet a man whose wife makes more then he does.
agreed!
.. is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:22 AM   #62
guest012511
Account Disabled

User ID: 5255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
This thread has a lot of generalizations - which is really an excuse to make judgements on people because you can't be bothered to learn about individuals. A few bad experience is no excuse to write off a group of people, instead learn to be a better judge of character.
Completely agree!
guest012511 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #63
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Darling View Post
Completely agree!
You completely agree with a generalization about a generalization being an excuse to be judgmental? WTF am I missing here? Irony? No, I see the irony. Maybe we need a puppy and an analogy!

Look when Larry Summers said what he said, he was vilified by the PC crowd, not because what he said wasn't true but because the PC crowd did not take the time to educate themselves with the science of the matter.
I just sold my house to a woman making a million bucks and her husband making 200k, but I am under no illusion that women will ever, on average, make more than men. If you look at the studies pregnancy is a huge factor in that equation and I do not see men giving birth anytime soon. So generally speaking men make more than women and probably always will. And generally speaking there will always be generalizations about points. EVERYBODY does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .. View Post
agreed!
We can all agree to that but agreeing to the exception does not make the generalization less true.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #64
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default you are generalizing abt who makes what

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

I just sold my house to a woman making a million bucks and her husband making 200k, but I am under no illusion that women will ever, on average, make more than men. And generally speaking there will always be generalizations about points. EVERYBODY does it.

was she a provider?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #65
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Where you been hiding, my brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
was she a provider?
we all provide something or other. One day the payee , the next day the pay-her.

She provides a school, she then hires teachers to provide a safe educational enviorment to teach shit to a bunch of lucky lil bastards. Same concept Hedi Fleiss did for Charlie Sheen minus the sex!

What else you need to know this morning!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #66
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default been lurking..tired of politcal rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
we all provide something or other. One day the payee , the next day the pay-her.

She provides a school, she then hires teachers to provide a safe educational enviorment to teach shit to a bunch of lucky lil bastards. Same concept Hedi Fleiss did for Charlie Sheen minus the sex!

What else you need to know this morning!
a buddy of mine bought a church...so this preacher he knew would have a place...then along came this woman who got government money for running a charter school and paid him triple what he paid the year before for the church so she could convert it into a charter school...theres so much waste and over payment and ppl living off the taxpayer its unreal
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #67
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default rants? Those are well thought out, reasoned debates! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
a buddy of mine bought a church...so this preacher he knew would have a place...then along came this woman who got government money for running a charter school and paid him triple what he paid the year before for the church so she could convert it into a charter school...theres so much waste and over payment and ppl living off the taxpayer its unreal
Damn shame when a school can make more than church! WTF is this country coming to?

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #68
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyboyd View Post
Your one liner about telling men what they wanted to hear was great. Olivia's post was insightful as was WTF's. PJ linking the intelligence studies took balls, and Laurenitis agreeing with someone he previously clashed was refreshing. Still, political correctness and pettiness were in a far too abundant quantity.
You're dealing with humans, not machines. As social creatures who can usually be easily controlled by social disapproval; political correctness can exercise dramatic power -- even when it is compelling one to tell an outright lie. Political correctness is a new name, but the phenomenon is not new at all.

In order to disable political correctness; people either have to care so little about the feelings of others that they might also have some negative traits to go along with it or be reliably anonymous so that they will not have to suffer social repercussions.

Perhaps you don't fully grasp the power of political correctness. I had a friend who was an anti-illegal-immigration activist. He handed out anti-illegal-immigration flyers on his own time and dime. Someone was "offended," found out where he worked and called his employer. He was out of work the next day.

Quote:
Here we go again with making women nod by telling a half truth that is positive about women. I agree and admire the fact that women care less about money when it comes to employment, but when it comes to a potential spouse, money is a much more important factor for women than men.
In many cases -- though not all -- this is true. What you are alluding to is female hypergamy -- the innate desire of women for a man of higher social status. Within our current environment in which materialist philosophy of various sorts reigns supreme; the predominant view relates a man's wealth to his social status. HOWEVER, this view is not universal. There are women out there who see men who have attributes other than wealth as being of high social status, depending upon their values. Methinks that dealing in p4p world may have a jading effect.

It is true that I was able to attract a subset of females through ostentatious display of wealth. But I was able to attract a different subset through a display of academic prowess and yet another subset through demonstrable skills as a warrior.

Studies showing that women are more orgasmic with men they believe to be wealthy neglect the fact that the women in the study interpret hypergamous impulses within the framework of cultural values delivered through TV, etc. A different sampling of women -- say, Amish women as an extreme example -- would have given different results.

Furthermore, even though women want "the best" -- by definition there are 100 women for every one man that is in the top 1% of whatever attribute is being defined as "the best." Frankly, then, about 99% of women will have an expectation for something that will never be in a monogamous society. Some other woman is going to get "the best."

And what happens? Well, some settle and are resentful. But others make lemonade out of lemons. Maybe they can't have a guy out of the top 1% in attribute X; but they can have a guy who is in the top 1% of attribute Y and in the top 5% of attribute X.

In other words, because women outnumber men 2:1 in higher education and higher education is a huge predictor of relative incomes; Lauren is right that in the future the number of women whose income exceeds that of men will increase dramatically. If their hypergamous tendencies stay oriented materialistically, they will hit a brick wall and remain mateless. Instead, they will reorient their hypergamous tendencies toward other desirable attributes.

Quote:
That doesn't make me nod, and I don't find it flattering. The phrases "less catty" and "dramatic" are codes for how feminine values have become mainstream. Maher's examples were "Feelings are more important than fact" and the real issue for me on this forum "Sensitivity is more important than truth."
This reminds me of a thought experiment I used to do in an ethics class that I taught in order to demonstrate the primacy of existence over consciousness.

A student is blindfolded, told to sit in a chair, and told that he is about to receive sexual favors from a beautiful woman. That is what he believes will happen. Then, I take out my .357 magnum, and shoot him in the head at point-blank range.

The question is: does he get sexual favors, or blown away? Obviously, he gets blown away.

The key point here is that concealment of a fact of reality does not protect one from the consequences of that fact. People who insist on being "offended" as a way of curtailing undesired information -- thereby forcing others to lie to them -- cannot escape the consequences of the underlying reality.

Quote:
Using PJ's data, there are four times more male morons than female ones, but four times more male geniuses. This is a completely neutral study but look at where the emphasis was here and what got Summers fired. People ran to discredit or minimize the female genius number but were mum on the male moron number. That is what is so sad.
This is a manifestation of female supremacism -- not feminism. Female supremacism holds that men and women are identical except in arenas where women are superior.

Quote:
In the distant ASPD forums, the data would be accepted and discussed not discredited. As for the male geniuses I have seen, about half are socially inept, yet I can't recall social ineptness in any extremely intelligent woman I have met.
Perhaps your perception of social ineptness differences is colored by the fact you are sexually attracted to intelligent women. (*grin*)
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #69
angelinadream
Account Disabled

User ID: 42776
My ECCIE Reviews
Default I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post

I like your show
angelinadream is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #70
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

Quote:
Natalie's post I wouldn't put in the petty or PC category, but I think it is worth looking at.

That doesn't make me nod, and I don't find it flattering. The phrases "less catty" and "dramatic" are codes for how feminine values have become mainstream. Maher's examples were "Feelings are more important than fact" and the real issue for me on this forum "Sensitivity is more important than truth."
Feminine values have become mainstream? Is feminine not mainstream? Do you mean to say they've become masculine, and what values are you referring to?

I suppose it proves Lauren's point that generalizations are quite worthless—something we all know, but for some reason has to be repeated anyway. Men trying to tell me my gender is smarter than theirs when it's a blatant attempt to get in my pants isn't all that flattering either.
Guest042611 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #71
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Buckcherry for two thousand, Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
People who insist on being "offended" as a way of curtailing undesired information -- thereby forcing others to lie to them -- cannot escape the consequences of the underlying reality.
Exactly. People should want to lie, not have to! LOL

Quote:
. Female supremacism holds that men and women are identical except in arenas where women are superior.
What is: the former HDH Forum of aspd, Alex?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #72
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #73
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

[quote=Laurentius;764134] The key point is that concealment of a fact of reality does not protect one from the consequences of that fact. People who insist on being offended as a way of curtailing undesired information -- thereby forcing others to lie to them -- cannot escape the consequences of the underlying reality.

Well stated!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #74
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
Men trying to tell me my gender is smarter than theirs when it's a blatant attempt to get in my pants isn't all that flattering either.
LOL! Depending on the context, if it is a hobby thing I think just booking you would be enough for a guy to convey the intention of getting in your pants. I love playing scrabble, but I don't usually book providers for that.

In a civie thing ... well ... my approaches haven't been that crude and unsophisticated since I was a teen.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #75
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

[QUOTE=I B Hankering;764807]
Quote:
The key point is that concealment of a fact of reality does not protect one from the consequences of that fact. People who insist on being offended as a way of curtailing undesired information -- thereby forcing others to lie to them -- cannot escape the consequences of the underlying reality.

Agreed, that is well stated.

The truth is a touchy thing. It's one thing to expect truth, it's another to create an environment where people feel they can't tell you the truth. If you can't provide a measured reaction, let your emotions take over, or are unable to treat people with dignity and turn the other cheek when you feel slighted or wronged - then don't expect people to be honest. Most individuals I've met loathe being dishonest, but do not feel the other party makes honesty a livable option. They do indeed create a wall with anger and spite, irrational behaviour, or making the person feel worse than they already do. I don't know how many times I've heard an SO talk to their partner like a stupid child when they hear something they don't like.

With all the changes in my personal life it's become a motto for me: To expect unconditional honesty, you need to provide unconditional understanding. People also need psychological privacy, they need to talk when they're ready, you cannot impose terms, and demand instantaneous honesty.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women