Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47571
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 07-12-2022, 05:19 AM   #61
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default I'ld rather jump on the hand grenade Tiny is handling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Now see.. I can support that notion-- but its important to note that many of my ancestors were killed by foreign invaders (I have a lot of Sioux in my family tree). So... I probably view the notion of "dangerous invaders" a bit differently than you do....
Imma say nope. Imma guess we view dangerous invaders almost exactly the same. Or are you saying the Sioux should have welcomed the dangerous invaders with open arms and gifts? My history books recall that strategy was something of an epic fail. Why not learn from history instead of repeating it?

Let's take it even a step further and more to the point: Would the Sioux have viewed dying in battle in an attempt to preserve their way of life from an invading hoard as the highest of honors? I mean for a civilized and humanized people in support of their kinship? Or did their view of kinship mean it was all encompassing of all humans? Even humans that would destroy their way of life?

I don't really know them deeply enough, even though one of my granddaughters is named Dakota. Side note: I got her a swell dream catcher at her birth. Basically, albeit repetitively, are you saying your kin would have welcomed them them with open arms even if it meant their ultimate demise?
Quote:
...I have two murder victims within a generation of me... both were killed by white men. I'm confident that the Mexicans/Latinos do not have the market cornered on murderers....
Come on man! I don't have to count my personal carnage exclusively. Some random bodega worker getting knifed over a bag of potato chips by a multi-time convict and his deranged chicky-poo affects everyone. Perhaps not equally, but consider the number of resources, dollars and hours, that will be expended that could be more focused on protecting both you and I. Nor do I see where the race card you're playing is even coming from. If my country is being invaded, I sure as shit do not give a rat's patoot what race they are. Ye olde saying: Repel all boarders, is not: Repel all boarders, except the dark skinned ones.
Quote:
..Now--- tell me how the mentioned policy has impacted you directly-- because that is what I asked. What policies are directly impacting you and to quote the earlier poster "ruining your life".
I would rather see my "contributions", i.e. tax dollars, to the Federal level go towards preventing invasion than paying for the invaders to occupy my territory.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:43 AM   #62
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
I can remember when all Republicans felt polls were left-winged rigged!...Rotflmao
Not sure what your point is other than to vent irrationally. I'm not a Republican and I would never say ALL polls are rigged, skewed or biased. Depends on the source and the methodology used.

It's obvious you know nothing about polls or their methodology. A random sample of 1,541 adults is likely to be fairly accurate and Yahoo isn't known to be a biased source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlut View Post
Like I said, let the coward throw his fucking hat into the ring for 2024 and Trump will be a LOSER AGAIN!
It's way too early to make predictions about 2024 with any confidence. If you did understand polls (which you don't) you would know at this point a majority of Americans don't want to see Biden OR Trump run again.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:41 AM   #63
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
...a majority of Americans don't want to see Biden OR Trump run again.
Agreed.

Otherwise this is strange. This time, I'm agreeing with a poster called ManSlut instead of you.

Here's a good article on the more immediate matter at hand, Trump's effect on the midterms.

Donald Trump and the Midterms

Democrats want the former President front and center in the election, and he agrees.

By The Editorial Board

Donald Trump’s whisperers are saying he may soon announce his plans to run for President in 2024, and Democrats are keeping their fingers crossed that he does. Since his surprising victory in 2016, Mr. Trump has been the main cause of Democratic electoral success.

All the usual signs say this should be an excellent election year for Republicans, perhaps an historic one. Inflation is 8.6%, gasoline is $4.50 a gallon, mothers can’t get baby formula, crime is rising, 401(k) values are falling, and rogue nations are on the march around the world.

The polls show some 75% of the public thinks the country is moving in the wrong direction. President Biden’s job approval rating is under 38% in the Real Clear Politics composite index, and 33% in the latest Siena/New York Times survey. That’s Mariana Trench depth for presidents, and it typically signals a midterm rout for the party in power.

This all means that if the record of Mr. Biden and Democrats in Congress is the dominant issue in November, the GOP should regain control of the House and Senate. To put it more starkly, less than four months before Election Day it would take surprising events or political malpractice for the GOP to lose.

Enter Mr. Trump, who may announce his presidential candidacy before the midterms, which we can’t recall a major candidate doing. The former President’s advisers say he may do this so soon because he doesn’t like the attention other potential candidates are getting.

That’s especially true of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who seems poised to win his re-election campaign by “a lot,” as Mr. Trump might say. Mr. Trump would like to pre-empt the field, freeze GOP donors, and show his dominance over the GOP in 2022 with an eye on 2024.

That would thrill Democrats, who are eager to change the subject from inflation and the Biden record. They timed their Jan. 6 committee hearings for mid-2022 to remind everyone about Mr. Trump’s behavior and wrap him around GOP candidates.

That won’t matter in safe GOP districts, but it could work in the swing House districts and states where Democrats won their majority in 2018 as suburban voters wanted a check on Mr. Trump’s chaotic governance. If the main issue in November is GOP fealty to Mr. Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was stolen, Democrats might have a chance to hold Congress. Republicans would have to play defense rather than focus on the Biden- Nancy Pelosi - Chuck Schumer record.

This is what cost the GOP the two Georgia Senate seats in January 2021 as Mr. Trump dampened GOP turnout by telling voters the presidential race was stolen. The two incumbent GOP Senators should have been making the case to check Mr. Biden and the left. Mr. Trump is in danger of repeating the Georgia mistake by focusing almost entirely on the last election rather than this one.

Mr. Trump’s meddling in primaries has already hurt GOP chances of taking back the Senate. His vendetta against Doug Ducey kept the Arizona Governor from running for the Senate, though Mr. Ducey would have been the strongest candidate against Sen. Mark Kelly.

Mr. Trump’s preferred candidates in key states are struggling or close in the polls despite the favorable GOP trends. Mehmet Oz is trailing left-wing Democrat John Fetterman in Pennsylvania. Herschel Walker is a rookie candidate showing his inexperience in Georgia. and Rep. Ted Budd is barely ahead in North Carolina. As in 2010, Democrats could prevail against a slate of weak GOP candidates.

It’s possible that voter unhappiness with the Democrats may be so strong that it swamps any concern with Mr. Trump, who after all will not be on the ballot. Glenn Youngkin was able to win the statehouse in Virginia in part because Mr. Trump largely stayed out of the race.

But that was a rare exception, and Mr. Trump typically can’t help himself. He wants to be the center of attention all the time, and the media are all too happy to oblige. All the more now when his preoccupation is overcoming the stigma of his defeat in 2020 by sticking to his stolen-election line. If Republicans fall short of the gains they expect in Congress, he’ll blame them. If they do well, he’ll claim credit.

Which brings us back to this week’s Siena/New York Times poll. For all of its bad news for Mr. Biden, he still beats Mr. Trump 44%-41% in a theoretical 2024 presidential rematch. What does it say that Joe Biden, the least popular President in modern times, still beats Donald Trump?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...is-11657576122
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:42 AM   #64
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
I'ld rather jump on the hand grenade Tiny is handling
Thanks. I think.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:51 AM   #65
VerySkeptical
BANNED

Why would you think all those people blame Biden? Polls are nothing but opinions. Pretty funny hearing you talk about facts in an opinion piece. Your poll doesn't blame Biden for everything. You do.
Who claims Biden hasn't made mistakes?
You bitch about people don't want to discuss an opinion poll with you. You don't respect other's opinions. And you don't acknowledge proven facts if you don't agree with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
All those topics deal with the direction the country is headed in...
It's not a coincidence that brandon's approval is headed in the same direction and Nov looks like the people will let their voices be heard.

Good luck with getting ANY discussion from the left on ANY of those issues...it's always deflection. None of this happens in a vacuum.
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:39 AM   #66
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
Why would you think all those people blame Biden? Polls are nothing but opinions. Pretty funny hearing you talk about facts in an opinion piece. Your poll doesn't blame Biden for everything. You do.
You bitch about people don't want to discuss an opinion poll with you. You don't respect other's opinions. And you don't acknowledge proven facts if you don't agree with them.
This is why rage monsters get put on ignore.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:02 AM   #67
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical View Post
The reality is thst senile pervert is toxic to ALL democraps running....they don't want him near them!!
That's pretty sad shit when democraps campaigning don't want their party leader ANYWHERE near them.
That's FACT not opinion MUNCHY.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:12 AM   #68
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Congratulations! You now have a Constitutional Republic - if you can keep it

Quote:
...This forum demonstrates a lot of the problems with the political system in the US. People are ready to fight over who gets into office in Washington DC.. and totally ignore the local races (and to a lesser degree, the state races). Those local and state races have a far greater impact on your day to day life.. and a far greater chance of "ruining your life" than the chucklefucks in DC do...
Congrats, you understand the basics of a Constitutional Republic. However, you seems to whiff at the dangers of an ever encroaching Federal (feral) government that the founders and states were so concerned about they they did not ratify (accept) the US Constitution until after the Bill of Rights were added.
Quote:
...This is why I always ask people how they feel that they are directly impacted-- because often times, those direct impacts aren't coming from DC as much as they are coming from the state and sometimes (particularly when it comes to education) the local level....
As it should be, by design even
Quote:
...You want to affect lasting change? Focus smaller. The Feds didn't mandate masks at the grocery store-- the states and cities did. The Feds don't account for the lions share of gasoline taxes... the states do. The Feds don't restrict the ability to grow food, collect rainwater, etc... the states and counties do. For those of you who feel that we're close to collapse-- you are the ones who should be HYPER focused about what is happening locally as opposed to Federally. Not that DC doesn't matter at all-- but people trip over dollars to pick up dimes sometimes....
You speaketh with forked tongue - me thinks. It is a series of Federal policies to crush Oil and Gas. Some states pile on. But by and large the Federal government has decided to declare open war on those products and to some extent, it provides shade for the Commie states to blame or at least go along with it. Another example is guns.

So are we to assume you steadfastly support the Roe vs Wade reversal, which essentially said it is a States rights issue? Curiously enough, it was the defendants that did not want any limits to it what so ever by stating either it is a Constitutional guarantee or it is not. Turn out is not.

Which brings up one last point tied to your Constitutional Republic, aka keep it small and local - WTF is up with the azz-hats that are protesting for abortion in States and cities that have State guaranteed abortion on demand anyway?!? What's the point of protesting for something they already have?!?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women