Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47588
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2016, 09:39 AM   #7366
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Who got fired
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #7367
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
Well they will be drafting a QB next year. Too bad they wouldn't trade up to get Paxton Lynch from Memphis. He will go quick.

But I know Bob will not pass on Christian Hackenberg, the QB from Penn State.

So we will have Hoyer, Savage and Hackenberg in camp next year.

We also need a running back..UGH!?
Not completely certain (but) I think y'all are slotted at the 22nd pick (first round).....that said, Lynch will be gone, Goff as well and maybe MSU's Cook, too (although I am somewhat skeptical he's even top 25 talent. I think he's a tad over-rated). That said.....

Hackenburg in the first 3 rounds for any team (well, all 31 franchises outside of that stellar Cleveland Brown's Brain Trust) would be a complete and total reach...... Houston has a need at qb obviously....but Hack in the first or second round would be a disappointment.

Question: if Zeke (OSU's rb) is there ('course, he needs to declare first, I know) would you Texans fans be happy with him at 22? He'd be an incredible value at that spot IMO. Snap him up then address the qb position in round 2 or 3......but Hackenburg? ugh.....
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #7368
DickEmDown
Trick

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone420 View Post
Who got fired

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-offseason
DickEmDown is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #7369
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

It was a pathetic performance from the opening kick. I didn't expect a KO return for a TD, I was expecting a punt return but it's still the same players covering either for the most part. Special teams have been a nightmare.

The defense had no answer for the TE again. It might have been their biggest undoing. That is squarely on Crennel.

Offense was a joke. Hoyer was predictably inconsistent and inaccurate. The play calling was terrible. I get staying with the game plan when it's 13-0 but you've got to have some imagination other than a goal line run with JJ.

Nuks comments should not be held against him. He said them on the field in the heat of the game not on the sideline. He was right too.

I don't think McNair is happy with loosing in the first round. I think he want to fill seats, sure. He's got to realize that this city will eventually turn if he doesn't turn things around. We have a history.

Moving forward, QB is the most glaring need obviously. I don't know how they make that happen.

BoB needs to be assertive and demand more control in the draft. but...what's he got to work with?
Fuck Rick Smith. I'd be happy if they fired him today and would never look back and here's why.
In order to move up to get one the top draft picks you'd have to have something of value that you've developed from a lower round in order to trade away. That's called value. Who do the Texans have that a team would take for their high first round pick. Watt? NuK maybe? The Texans have first round picks and time invested in those guys and they are top players worth more than just a first round pick. You don't give them up just to get a high QB draft pick. Those kinds of trades don't happen in the NFL and Watt is now damaged goods. It's season ending surgery he's having. Sure it comes at the end of the season but I guarantee you it would be a point of contention in any negotiation.
I'm not suggesting that would happen but pointing out that's how it works. Unless of course, the Texans are signing Ed Reed.

You might give up Clowney since he hasn't developed like you hoped but who in their right mind would give up that much for him? Cleveland, maybe...

No, It has to be someone you took a chance on in a mid round who out performed and became a star. Someone like Russel Wilson, for instance. We don't have that guy because Smith can't find that guy. If Blue had turned into a 1000+ yard back or Griffin had turned into Gronk you might have something you're willing to trade away but even then those are not positions that command that type of trade. Since you're so poor at doing that you are dependent on those mediocre players just being starters for you. It sucks and it's a spiral that won't end until some major shakeups take place.

Beyond that you have to look at who is drafting in the top spots and what their need are.
It's Tennessee, Cleveland, San Diego in the top three.
Tennessee has their QB.
Cleveland needs one but they draft worse than the Texans. Who know what they'll do. You might be able to pull something over on them. They might just be dumb enough to fall for it. But they might not even draft a QB. They'll be more likely to look at someone like Fitzpatrick in my opinion than depend on a rookie again. Just trying to deal with them could be a cluster fuck.

You'd have to be on the inside to know what SD intended to do with Rivers. I expect they'll keep that pick regardless and play the Rivers deal close to the vest. If you are the Texans you have to consider that is one QB gone if you are lining up a strategy.
The next teams to draft are Dallas, Jacksonville, Baltimore, SF and Miami.
Dallas may be looking to take a QB, They've got talent, their woes have been based in bad luck not lack of talent. If they can come back healthy it may be a few years before they see themselves drafting in this position again. I see the Cowboys taking Lynch if he's there and letting him sit behind Romo for a couple of years as the heir apparent.
Jacksonville doesn't need a QB and they have probably the most raw talent in the AFC south. A couple of pieces thrown in, some decent coaching and they will be a contender. There will be a defensive player that is high enough for them to take. CB possibly.
Baltimore probably would't take a QB. They need to rebuild their defense., SF would take a QB and Goff is probably highest on their list after Lynch.
Miami needs to replace Tannehill. Whether they think they do is a different story.

Lynch and Goff, That's the cream of the crop everyone else is most likely a project. The Texans have a project already.
You've got to get into the top 3 to ensure you get a QB or top 7 and hope. We don't have anything to give up on hope and a prayer.

So...
RGIII will probably be available. I don't care at this point what BoB's type is. He needs a QB that can stay on the field and make plays. RGIII can only do one of those things.

It doesn't sound like Brees will be going anywhere. I've laid out my opinion on him earlier. I don't see it happening.

Top tier QB's FA's are Rivers, Manning and Bradford. I'd take Rivers or Manning but it's gonna cost. The one thing that Smith does well is structure contracts that don't get the team in trouble. He'd have to be creative as hell to pull one of those guys in. Pull that off and find some talent in the upcoming draft and Smith turns his reputation around. I don't have any confidence he can do it.
Bradford is a dink and dunk passer and I'm not certain that he's a leader. Not what the Texans need, at all.

One thing that scares the hell out of me is that Hasselbeck is a UFA. I won't be surprised to see the Texans make a run at him.

What that leaves is a bunch of backups like Chase Daniel, Matt McGloin(who BoB is familiar with) Gradkowski, Cassel and Kirk Cousins along with a whole handful of Texans retreads. Yates, Fitz, Dysert, Shaub*cringe*, Keenum et al.

Of that group the most intriguing is Cousins. Will he choose to stay in an unpredictable environment or move to another unpredictable one? He'd be OK to have in camp and let him compete I guess as long as it doesn't cost anything.
Cousins IMO is a top tier backup, that's it.

Among the lower tier QBs in the draft, Hackenberg is the most predictable. Sure his numbers weren't great but he had a mediocre year with a mediocre team. He's decided to enter the draft so he's gotten some encouraging results from the draft advisory board at least. Problem is he won't be ready to lead the Texans in 2016, No way!

That leads to Hoyer coming back with some competition again hoping against hope that Savage is ready to take the reins. I expect they'll be doing the same fucking thing over and expecting a different result.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #7370
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Cousins would fit in the Texans' organization just fine with his holy roller attitude that McNair seems to base the signings on. The dude is solid for 3 TDs & 300 yards a game. You can win or lose with those numbers but those are numbers that Texans QBs normally don't average. He knows how to spread it around. We saw a glimpse of hope with Jalen Strong and it's possible to make him the #2. Maybe Daniels becomes a #3. All in all, the QB position needs to be strongly addressed. The defense can only do so much.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #7371
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Cousins is going nowhere. Washington will tag him or sign to big contract
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM   #7372
DickEmDown
Trick

I heard today on one of those talk shows that Cousins hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in ANY of his NFL starts

Good luck with that lol
Old 01-11-2016, 09:52 PM   #7373
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

One other thing on the game. I was harsh on the defense in blaming the loss on an inability to cover a TE. They played well enough IMO to win on their part. 5 turnovers is what lost it. The offense, Hoyer in particular, stunk.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #7374
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
People are saying the best QB in draft could be Carson Wentz who could be there st 24. Hack from Penn St is terrible. He is ranked as no better than a 4th round pick
I like that pick BIG L. I forgot about him. 6'6" and can run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
One other thing on the game. I was harsh on the defense in blaming the loss on an inability to cover a TE. They played well enough IMO to win on their part. 5 turnovers is what lost it. The offense, Hoyer in particular, stunk.
+ 100
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #7375
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=7347

People are blinded by their emotions to see this stat. I've brought it up elsewhere and get shrugged off like I'm making shit up.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #7376
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
I like that pick BIG L. I forgot about him. 6'6" and can run.

Interesting prospect. Sound like all the physical tools are there, size with quickness, physicality, arm strength.
I had mentioned before that an analyst described Brady running the Pats offense as him running a 4.2 40. He processes things quicker than everyone else. Peyton Manning had that same ability.

It seems that may be the only real knock on Wentz at the moment. Some analysts seem to think he is slow to process and stares down his receivers because of it. One described it as his feet following his eyes.
Those may be just exactly the kinds of things that a good QB whisperer can correct if it's mechanics. If it's field presence or vision maybe not so much.

NDSU has won 5 straight FCS championships. It may be that the competition just doesn't match up to them and the game is easy at that level for Wentz. Still an interesting prospect.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #7377
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

With the Raiders left with their collective asses swinging in the wind at the end of the Houston talks.

Do you think that San Antonio gets them??

I think it is good that LA is getting a team, and the Rams returning is probably the best option.

However, San Diego and Oakland are in a bind now, with SD having the best chance of a solution in their hometown.
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #7378
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Mark Davis would be a fool not to head to San Antonio right now.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #7379
DickEmDown
Trick

Default Arian gone???

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-ya...51472-nfl.html
Old 01-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #7380
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

So if free agent Bradford follows Chip Kelly to San Francisco, is there a chance they will put Kaepernick on the market? If so, would the alleged quarterback whisperer in Houston want him?
O'Mike is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women