Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70484
biomed161077
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453044
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47784
pyramider46370
bambino40450
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-28-2015, 09:35 AM   #7306
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

That was a terrible Titans team. I don't think it's that they have checked out either...Maybe as a team they have.. Some of the players were trying, they just suck and the Texans acted like they had something to play for so they sucked a bit less. Nate Washington had a couple of catches that earlier in the season would have been drops. Jaelen Strong almost made a Nuk type catch. He missed getting both feet in by a heel.

On offense they racked up another 100 yards + and won the turnover battle. Seems if you can do that you win. Another 200 from the air and it was an average statistical day. They're gonna have to be much better than average in the playoffs if they make it which it looks like they will. How about Ben Jones refusing to come out of the game just before halftime? That guy was hurting and could have walked off an no one would have said anything about it. I think it wound up that he didn't have to play another play but I also don't think he didn't know that at the time. Displaying that kind of toughness makes everyone around you a little bit tougher.

Kudos to Weeden and to BoB for giving him the green light. Maybe he is a QB whisperer after all but considering what his Ex QB's did yesterday I just don't know. I don't think BoB minds taking shots downfield or Weeden wouldn't have been taking them after the first couple. It almost seemed as if BoB put Daniels in at those random times in order to be able to coach Weeden up during drives. I really hoped we had seen the last of the wildcat but if that was the intent, it worked and I'm OK with it. If it wasn't the intent, it probably should have been.

Speaking of ex QB's how about that coin flip and Fitz's pass to end the game. Dude just laid it out there for Decker to run under. It was improvised and that's what Fitz does too much of but it was a sweet pass. I think Fitz thinks he is smarter than the coaches too much of the time and maybe he is but you've got to stay with the called play. A lot of time that play call is setting something else up later. That seems to be what Fitz doesn't get. He's all about right now, this play.
Mallett played a strong game to beat Pittsburg and Kenum just keeps doing what he does. It may not be pretty but he wins. I'm not saying that I wish any of them were still here...just good for them.

Considering a shutout until garbage time I'd like to say the defense played a great game. I didn't really think they did though. They weren't dominating. Tennessee's receivers seemed to have an affliction to catching the ball when it mattered and Mettenberger looked like Mallett did here the way he was trying to force everything in at the last minute. Downfield passes weren't even close and he had some open receivers at times. The best play by far was Watt's sack fumble near the goal line to preserve the shut out for the time being.

Special teams...Can someone please do something other than just catch a punt? Mumphrey ran out of bounds on every return I think. Maybe there's no walls in front of him so...can someone please block on a punt return...legal blocks??? This continues to be the weakest part of their game and instead of changing anything it appears they just hope to field the ball cleanly and give it to the offense. Geez, at least try. Coverage is bad too. One of the best punters in the league and they can't cover for him. Way too many return yards given up on punts and I don't want to hear that he's out kicking his coverage. He can and sometimes does but more often than not the hang time is there to allow the gunners to get downfield. They get blocked though. So put some stronger, faster gunners out there. You need sure open field tacklers. I know Kareem Jackson is a starter but he's one of the best tacklers on the field. Put his ass out there.

Jacksonville has way more talent than the Titans but nothing really to play for so who knows which team will show up. It always seems like Jacksonville plays their best against the Texans.

The Texans need a win next week for a strong finish but a Cincinnati win tonight over Denver also clinches. Cincinnati still has to clinch a first round by and needs to beat Denver. Denver could go a long way to stealing that first round bye from Cincy with win tonight. Then a combination of Cincy losses and Denver wins next week affects several playoff positions including who the Texans play...I think. Carolina loosing to the Falcons didn't help with the Texans tiebreakers so root for Cincinnati to beat the Broncos AND for the Texans to beat Jacksonville. Denver still hasn't clinched the division although KC clinched a playoff spot so they have something big to play for. If Denver beats Cincy tonight the AFC West gets serious in week 17.

If the playoff started today the Texans would host KC in the first round but it's still pretty convoluted who will play when and where. KC plays a divisional game against Oakland next week. The Jets are still fighting for a spot and play Buffalo. It looks like losses to by either gives a window to the Steelers who play Baltimore.
Now I'm confused... This is exactly how the NFL wants every division to end the season. Perfect scenario would be for every team to be in it til week 17, all finish 8-8 and playoffs be decided by a coin flip.

So even if the Texans get in tonight the playoff picture will still be cloudy to an extent but out of their control. I think I'd prefer that the Texans got a second chance at KC over the Jets and I prefer either over having to play the Steelers.

I don't think anyone wants to see the Texans back into the playoffs but it might be nice if some of the starters got an extra week of rest before their playoff game. If Cincy wins tonight that's exactly what they could do. I don't think next week's game can change when they play or who they play in the first round.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #7307
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Shitsburg not making the playoffs my ravens ended that shit
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #7308
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldscum View Post
And don't even get me started on Fitzpatrick beating the Pats yesterday...lol
And what does those stats mean? David Carr did numbers like that and still won...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
It almost seemed as if BoB put Daniels in at those random times in order to be able to coach Weeden up during drives. I really hoped we had seen the last of the wildcat but if that was the intent, it worked and I'm OK with it. If it wasn't the intent, it probably should have been.

Special teams...Can someone please do something other than just catch a punt?

I know Kareem Jackson is a starter but he's one of the best tacklers on the field. Put his ass out there.
Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing about BoB pumping up Weeden with those Daniels play. You could see the look of disgust on Daniels face when he had to come off field. Who was the retarded announcer that kept saying he was our Julian Edleman? I think Daniels was getting mad because it's hard to make plays when the coach doesn't let you get in to a groove.

Special Teams have been handicapped due to new rules so yea nothing to really do about them not running the ball back.

Kareem Jackson has been a bust since his rookie season. I have no inclination as to why they keep him around. Swearinger did way more with one arm than KJ has.

Speaking of Swearinger, I just couldn't take my eyes off of GB getting raped as bad as they did. I was trying to watch the Jax/NO game but Arizona just kept giving it to them and didn't let up.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #7309
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpie View Post
And what does those stats mean? David Carr did numbers like that and still won...

Looks like I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing about BoB pumping up Weeden with those Daniels play. You could see the look of disgust on Daniels face when he had to come off field. Who was the retarded announcer that kept saying he was our Julian Edleman? I think Daniels was getting mad because it's hard to make plays when the coach doesn't let you get in to a groove.

Special Teams have been handicapped due to new rules so yea nothing to really do about them not running the ball back.

Kareem Jackson has been a bust since his rookie season. I have no inclination as to why they keep him around. Swearinger did way more with one arm than KJ has.

Speaking of Swearinger, I just couldn't take my eyes off of GB getting raped as bad as they did. I was trying to watch the Jax/NO game but Arizona just kept giving it to them and didn't let up.
It seems like every week the other team gets at least one good return on the Texans. Some more than that. The rules work both ways so if they can do it the Texans should be able to.

Kareem Jackson is not a great cover corner. He never will be. He has lost playing time to the rookie Kevin Johnson, who has earned it, and been relegated to nickle and dime packages at times. He gets beat too much because he plays off the line. He's always played that way even when Son of Bum was coaching him. He needs to get more physical at the line but for some reason can't or won't do it.

Jackson won't be going anywhere til after next year. He just signed that four year contract earlier this year and the dead cap is around 12 million. After 2016 it eases up considerably but until then...

The one thing Kareem is good at is shedding blocks at the point of attack and open field tackling against the run...and he will hit a guy. He plays more like a LB than a corner at times, he just doesn't have the size. If they could pick up another quality corner I'd be happy to see Jackson move to one of the safety spots and move Moore and probably Drummond out and keep Hal and probably Pleasant as the backup. He'd be a high dollar safety and it would be a physically small group with him and Hal both being 5'10 and under 200# but it's better than having him sit the bench or not being able to cover from the CB position at $6 million a year. I've thought for a couple years that Jackson might be better at safety. Hell, he likes to play deep enough he might even manage to get an INT every now and then.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #7310
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Oh man I would hate to see him at Safety. If he gets burned as a CB he would definitely let TDs get passed him. He is a great tackler that I don't knock. Him getting burned has cost us some games though.

Eric Weddle is a NR FA this off season. Maybe we could scoop him up.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #7311
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Got my playoff tickets via FedEx today!! Had to check today's date to make sure it wasn't April 1st. Got the Wildcard round tickets and the AFC Championship tickets. The AFC Championship Tickets have got to be a joke!!! C'mon Man!!
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #7312
spear89
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 18

What happened with Alfred Blue in the second half ? Did he do a big line of cocaine? Dude looked unstoppable.

Well, anywho, at least they get one playoff game, that's a lot better than any of of thought would happen after that Miami game.
spear89 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #7313
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Yep, they clinched the division.

Now either the Chiefs or the Broncos come here next week. Interesting scenario with that one. If the Chiefs win, which they probably will, and the Broncos lose, the Chiefs win the AFC West and the #3 Seed(Bengals move up to #2) and Denver would drop to the 5 Seed and would have to come here. If Denver wins, they'll be the #1 Seed due to the Patriots losing today and the Chiefs would be the 5 seed and they'll have to come here.

The NFC's top 2 seeds are untouched(Panthers winning, but the Cardinals are getting their asses beaten down at home by the Seahawks). The #3 seed will be determined tonight between the Vikings and Packers.

All I know is the Texans need to be ready for whichever team comes here.
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:51 PM   #7314
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Denver wins. They're the #1 Seed.

Texans get ready for the Chiefs!
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #7315
Fishpie
Valued Poster

I'm happy. Even if it's for one more weekend.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:49 AM   #7316
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

The Texans looked very good yesterday. They seem to be peeking at the right time.

Their D is performing much closer to what I had hoped.

The Offense, especially Hoyer, is playing much better than expected.

Of course, yesterday's game was against J'ville.

Let's hope they can keep up the pace (against better opponents) in the playoffs.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #7317
Daddio
Valued Poster

The D looked Real Good without the Clown!!!

Didn't particularly like KJ doing the Deion Sanders into the end zone, He is NO Deion!! I wish that guy that almost got there would have stuck him!!

Coach B O'B did a helluva job!!! I sure would like to see what he could do with some talent!! Fire Rick, Fire Rick, Fire Rick!!!

AFC is winnable, it's not much better than the AFC South!!! LOL.
Brady's OL looks awful
Denver looks beatable, Both the Pats and Bronco's play D however.
Cincy is Cincy with a half cocked Red Ryder BB Gun
Pitt is without Deangelo Williams and not the Steel Curtain
The Cheifs don't have a stud RB and might be without Maclin

Losing Duane Brown will hurt us tho!!
Old 01-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #7318
jstone420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Yeah the AFC is winnable but not for the Texans I don't see the chiefs slowing down that team is on fire
jstone420 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #7319
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Peaking at the right time is crucial.
Hoyer looked better yesterday than he has all year. He actually hit some receivers in stride allowing them to get extra yards. Losing a Duane Brown is huge. This OL was just getting it's shit together and playing as a unit. They managed to keep it up though after he left as evidenced by Blue getting the yards he did in the second half. Either that or the DL was mailing it in.

Just like Tennessee the week before, Jacksonville is not a good team. They do have more talent than Tennessee but had nothing to play for as a team. The Texans put up 60+ points on a couple of bad teams the last two weeks. My enthusiasm is tempered by that slightly.

The AFC is winnable. The Chiefs and Texans are very similar in that they've won their games largely on defense. I'm still glad we play them instead of Pittsburgh.
The defenses are pretty evenly matched with Houston having a slight edge with the way Watt and Mercilus have played recently. I expect Watt will be pumped up.

I think the Texans can shut down every facet of the Chiefs game. I'm not sure the Chiefs can shut the Texans down. To do it they need to get into the Texans backfield early and often.

It may very well come down to a special teams play...a big return, which the Texans still seem susceptible to, or a big field goal.

The Chiefs appear to be slightly better at field goals but you'd have to throw out Bullocks stats for a fair comparison. The Chiefs kicker is a second year player with no playoff experience. Novak is 3-4 in 2 playoff games only missing a 50+ yard kick. Both were 2013 season games with the Chargers. I don't know if in either game he had an opportunity to win with a kick. Kickers seem pretty evenly matched.

Ball security and time of possession will play a crucial role in who wins this game. That sounds cliche, I know, but at the end of the game you'll probably be able to point to those two things and figure out who the winner was.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 AM   #7320
Daddio
Valued Poster

Let me clarify. I did say the AFC is winnable, but probably not for the Texans. I was just pointing out how bad the AFC is right now. Vegas agrees and has the Texans as the longest of long shots to win the AFC.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women