Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70466
biomed160928
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453020
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47730
pyramider46370
bambino40437
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2015, 04:41 PM   #7291
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

boardman (and others) what do you think about Drew Brees? I think he is a massive hit to the Saints cap next year (his last on contract), and they could save somewhere around 20 million in cap space if they trade him.

Been rumored that Sean Payton may be moving at the end of this season, and I think they are close personal friends.

Any hope we get both?

Would he be worth the effort for a year or so until he is done and/or retires?

Would coach Payton be worth the effort?

(Yeah, I know that BoB thinks he is too short to be a decent player or have a career in the NFL, so I don't see him here without a head coaching change.)
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #7292
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

There are two chances that the Texans will get Sean and Drew.

Slim and none!

As for the Texans Playoff scenarios, this from the Houston Chronicle:

The NFL has updated its AFC South clinching playoff scenarios involving the Texans.

The Texans clinch the division title with a win over the Tennessee Titans combined with a loss by the Indianapolis Colts or a tie against the Miami Dolphins.

The Texans clinch if they tie the Titans and the Colts lose, or if they beat the Titans and clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Colts or clinch a tie in strength of victory tiebreaker and clinches strength of schedule over the Colts.

The Texans clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker if the Cincinnati Bengals win, plus if the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets or Carolina Panthers win, or if the Saints, Jets or Panthers win. Or if there are tie or ties in games involving the Bengals, Saints, Jets or Panthers.

The Texans clinch a strength of victory tiebreaker and strength of schedule tiebreaker over the Colts if the Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens all win this weekend.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans.../#photo-722125
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:30 PM   #7293
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Wtf does Carolina have to do with us? That's NFC playing NFC. I understand NO because they're playing Jax and NO winning would help us. Jets doesn't make sense because Pats are 1st seed and Jets are currently 7th seed. We're 4th seed as it is.

This is from the NFL themselves our scenario not some hack job that Chron pays to make shit up like normal:

CLINCHING SCENARIOS:
Houston clinches AFC South division with:
1) HOU win + HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND OR
2) HOU win + IND loss or tie OR
3) HOU tie + IND loss
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #7294
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
boardman (and others) what do you think about Drew Brees? I think he is a massive hit to the Saints cap next year (his last on contract), and they could save somewhere around 20 million in cap space if they trade him.

Been rumored that Sean Payton may be moving at the end of this season, and I think they are close personal friends.

Any hope we get both?

Would he be worth the effort for a year or so until he is done and/or retires?

Would coach Payton be worth the effort?

(Yeah, I know that BoB thinks he is too short to be a decent player or have a career in the NFL, so I don't see him here without a head coaching change.)

I had not considered Brees. Lots to consider...first, a look at the numbers on his contract. This is, admittedly one area where we, myself included, fail to show Rick Smith the kudos he deserves. The Saints GM has them hamstrung with Brees' contract and it will hurt them next year one way or the other.

His salary is 20 million his cap hit is 30 million. It will cost the Saints 10 million to cut him and make him a Free agent that the Texans might then go after. That's the only way it happens. I don't see any team taking on that contract right now.

At 37 Brees might still be better than anything we have or had at QB. His stats are up over 2014 Game to date and the guy has been one of the most durable QB's in recent history until now. I say might because he now has a torn plantar fascia. That's not as bad as Schaub's Lisfranc but it could be a lengthy recover especially for a guy his age and certainly affects a substantial part of his game...being able to move around. He finished the game on it which is a testament to his toughness but there is nothing to gain from him playing another down this year.

If healthy and if they could get him with a reasonable contract(he'll probably be wanting 3 years, Texans shouldn't sign him for more than 2) BoB isn't in a position to be choosy but that's a couple of huge "ifs" and probably more than the Texans are willing to take a chance on.

I don't think Payton has to come with the deal and McNair isn't going to can BoB to bring him in especially if they make the playoffs. McNair just doesn't work that way even when he should. I think Bob could work with Brees just fine. He's done more than expected with WAY less. I've been critical of BoB's ability to coach in the NFL but now that I think about it he went 9-7 last year with three mediocre starting QB's(all of them getting at least one win). It looks like it'll be four QB's this year(probably all getting at least one win again) and a chance to make the playoffs with his fourth. I was calling for BoB's head earlier in the year. I now think he needs some more time and a decent QB. The only other way you'd get Payton to Houston is to make him the OC or some silly shit like they did with Mike Sherman as assistant head coach a few years ago. I don't think anyone would go for that.

If Brees were to get cut he'll be looking for one more big payday. He probably won't get it so he'll be out through spring training and into the summer waiting for some desperate team to come calling just before training camp.
Right now I don't see Brees becoming a Texan.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #7295
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpie View Post
Wtf does Carolina have to do with us? That's NFC playing NFC. I understand NO because they're playing Jax and NO winning would help us. Jets doesn't make sense because Pats are 1st seed and Jets are currently 7th seed. We're 4th seed as it is.

This is from the NFL themselves our scenario not some hack job that Chron pays to make shit up like normal:

CLINCHING SCENARIOS:
Houston clinches AFC South division with:
1) HOU win + HOU clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over IND OR
2) HOU win + IND loss or tie OR
3) HOU tie + IND loss
It gets deep into the tiebreakers and into strength of wins of common opponents. The AFC south played the NFC South this year so the strength of wins in the NFC south plays a role.

Here's a little more in depth explanation from Houston Press explaining what happens if both teams tie at 8-8.
* 1st TIEBREAKER: Head-to-head record
Both would be 1-1.
* 2nd TIEBREAKER: Division record
Both would be 4-2 in the division.
* 3rd TIEBREAKER: Record vs common opponents
Both would have a 7-5 record against common opponents.
* 4th TIEBREAKER: Conference record
Both would have a 6-6 record in conference games.
* 5th TIEBREAKER: Strength of victory
Okay, here we go — "strength of victory" is a succinct way of saying, "Whose victories were over teams with a better combined record?" Now, obviously, for the Texans, there are two possibilities — beating the Titans and losing to the Jags, and losing to the Titans and beating the Jags.
The Colts' eight wins would be over the following: TEN, JAX, HOU, DEN, ATL, TB, MIA, TEN
That group of teams currently has 47 wins.
If the Texans went 8-8 with a win over Tennessee 12/27, their eight wins would be over the following: TB, JAX, TEN, CIN, NYJ, NOLA, IND, TEN
That group of teams currently has 50 wins.
If the Texans went 8-8 with a win over Jacksonville 1/3, their eight wins would be over the following: TB, JAX, TEN, CIN, NYJ, NOLA, IND, JAX
That group of teams currently has 52 wins.
In either of these scenarios, the only teams that can affect the difference between the Texans' and Colts' strength of victories are CIN, NYJ and NOLA for the Texans, and DEN, ATL and MIA for the Colts, as all the other wins for both teams are over common opponents and, therefore, affect each team the same way. In other words, all the other teams panel themselves out.

That last paragraph isn't completely accurate since Carolina plays the Falcons again. CAR should be in that mix but I guess they are making an assumption by including ATL. The Colts beat the Falcons and the Texans lost against the Falcons. A Carolina loss to the Falcons swings a strength of wins game in that 47-52 current win nightmare. to the Colts since they beat the Falcons and the Texans didn't. At some point like maybe the 10th tie breaker it becomes a coin flip. That possibility can still come into play as of today. Clear as mud?
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #7296
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Clear as mud?
I think so. Can you put it in Simple Jack terms for me?

Shit I didn't realize that Car/Atl game could impact us like that. I'm just hoping they get the win on Sunday and the Colts lose.

Don't beat yourself up over BoB. Remember, he was the one who wanted to go into the season college minded by wanting to play 2 QBs. That's why we have the team the way it is.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #7297
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

And Dopey is still winning
Quote:
Matt Schaub could make $3 million for two games' work
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...153348174.html
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #7298
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Thanks boardman for the explanation.
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #7299
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Zack with titans could not hit the water if he fell out of a boat. Weeden not much better. Passes to Hopkins it's only successful play
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #7300
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Well shit now next week is a must win.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #7301
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

It's been a minute since the a Texans blew anyone out like they did the a Titans today. Then them gotdamn Dolphins couldn't get in the end zone after three tries at the goal line to beat the Colts.

Texans must win next week to clinch the division.
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #7302
Fishpie
Valued Poster

I think with Jags losing we clinched. If not then if Cincy wins tomorrow we get the Division.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #7303
BigLouie
Valued Poster

OK on the Sean Payton and Drew Brees thing. Less than ZERO chance of either coming here. McNair already said no change to GM and head coach so both are staying put. Don't have a problem with BoB sticking around but Rick is terrible past the first round. As for Brees, he has a cap hit of 20-30 Mil next year for whatever team signs him. The Texans have to sign Hopkins to a new contract new year so you can either sign a 37 year old QB on his last leg to 20-30 mil or you can sign a 24 yr old WR to a new contract but you CANNOT do both. If you sign Brees you would have to let Hopkins walk.

Does anyone realize that only in the Miami game has the Texans offense scored more than 3 TDs?
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #7304
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Does anyone realize that only in the Miami game has the Texans offense scored more than 3 TDs?
What makes that game different from Atlanta, the first meeting w/ Jax, Jets, Saints, and the Bills?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:58 AM   #7305
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpie View Post
No sir, don't go false advertising that Keenum Dick Wagon around me.

1. He had 234 yards. TB is allowing 245 yds per game. Below performance.

2. Even though his yardage was higher this game it could've been a one hit wonder. Care to post up his stats from the past two games to back up your claim that Keenum was unjustly let go?
Quote:
Keenum won his third straight start for the Rams, completing 14 of 23 passes for 103 yards and a 28-yard touchdown pass to Kenny Britt in the second quarter Sunday.
And don't even get me started on Fitzpatrick beating the Pats yesterday...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwil62 View Post
Texans must win next week to clinch the division.
Or if the colts loose.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women