Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47790
pyramider46370
bambino40453
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-16-2024, 03:23 PM   #601
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1#Ratt View Post
Another entertaining season of Steeler football comes to an end.
what is surprising to me most is, the number of fair weathers fan, and how many of you are not coaching football.
We’re fans of what is supposed to be a franchise held up as a “standard” of excellence. And fan is short for fanatic.
Our coach has stopped using the phrase “ the standard is the standard” because he knows it no longer applies. We are no longer excellent and now just average. And before you or anyone says it, not winning a playoff game in 7 years is average. A slightly above .500 regular season means nothing.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:05 PM   #602
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

well in case noone saw it, for better or worse depending on your opinion, tomlin is coming back next year...................
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:06 PM   #603
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Too Right, Char! ... Not sure how our criticism of things
somehow makes the lot of us "fair-weather fans"...

WHO of us is saying that they will no longer hold the barrack??

WE "fans" surely want to see our side GET BETTER and WE have
no shortage of thoughts and opinions on how that should go.

... Now THAT is true team SUPPORT! ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:00 AM   #604
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
well in case noone saw it, for better or worse depending on your opinion, tomlin is coming back next year...................
For WORSE! Average is the new standard.
For those Tomlin fans, other then never losing his team, which always hang in there to win meaningless December games, what does he do?
Obviously nothing on offense.
A defense that has gave up an average of 40+ points per game in last 4 playoff losses.
No playoff wins in 7 years and counting.
Players openly quitting on plays without any discipline.
Leaders on the team openly questioning the culture and team first attitude.
We have a team that doesn’t have a $50 mil a year QB so that cap money should make something else out strength.

What is our strength???!!!!!
Old 01-17-2024, 01:04 PM   #605
Chase7
Valued Poster

Some say, all we need is a franchise QB.

We had one for five of the last seven years still didn’t win a single playoff game let alone make a serious run for the Super Bowl.

Two super bowl appearances in seventeen years with a Hall of Fame Franchise QB. What was the issue all the other years. What’s the issue, after all “The Standard is the Standard isn’t it.

It takes good drafting, players and coaches. Yes a Franchise QB can be a difference maker, you still have to have the other things. It’s not just a franchise QB.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM   #606
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

But it is mostly a franchise QB... and that ain't Kenny.

I welcome Tomlin back for the last year of his contract, but if he's hellbent on Pickett being QB1, I'll be happy to see him go. Mason saved his ass this year, and that should be reciprocated with a starting job next year.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:05 AM   #607
Iceman
Valued Poster

Since Tomlin is seemingly returning, here is my prediction for next season. Within 2 games + or - of a 500 record, possibly squeak into the playoffs with help from other teams, and promptly lose. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Iceman is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:31 AM   #608
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Since Tomlin is seemingly returning, here is my prediction for next season. Within 2 games + or - of a 500 record, possibly squeak into the playoffs with help from other teams, and promptly lose. Wash, rinse, repeat.
With Kenny at QB1, that's the absolute best you can hope for.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:49 PM   #609
Chase7
Valued Poster

The Steelers went 21 between Bradshaw and Ben. It may be that long again before the Steelers are a legitimate threat again.

You just don’t know when it comes to draft picks and QB’s. Look at Cleveland, they’ve been trying to get a good QB since Brian Sipe 1974-1983.They spent so much draft capital trying to get a good QB and haven’t so far.
I put the blame of this on management, again you simply don’t know for sure when drafting.
Look at last years draft and CJ. He went to a well run team Brice Young went to a poorly run team, we all have seen the results. Is it the team of the player.
When Ben came to the Steelers it was a Super Bowl caliber team.

It’s probably a good thing to have a few bad years to get better draft picks if you have good people making those picks.
Take the Penguins for example. They’ve been great when they got to pick Mario and Sid but they also needed a good team around them for them to succeed, my point with the Steelers.
If you don’t have a good all around team a franchise QB probably won’t succeed. Wonder how many top pick QB’s failed do to going to bad managed teams.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:57 PM   #610
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
The Steelers went 21 between Bradshaw and Ben. It may be that long again before the Steelers are a legitimate threat again.

You just don’t know when it comes to draft picks and QB’s. Look at Cleveland, they’ve been trying to get a good QB since Brian Sipe 1974-1983.They spent so much draft capital trying to get a good QB and haven’t so far.
I put the blame of this on management, again you simply don’t know for sure when drafting.
Look at last years draft and CJ. He went to a well run team Brice Young went to a poorly run team, we all have seen the results. Is it the team of the player.
When Ben came to the Steelers it was a Super Bowl caliber team.

It’s probably a good thing to have a few bad years to get better draft picks if you have good people making those picks.
Take the Penguins for example. They’ve been great when they got to pick Mario and Sid but they also needed a good team around them for them to succeed, my point with the Steelers.
If you don’t have a good all around team a franchise QB probably won’t succeed. Wonder how many top pick QB’s failed do to going to bad managed teams.

Your point that us having to have bad years to get the next Ben is a good one.
Problem is Tomlin somehow motivates these guys to win enough to stay in a bad draft position. #20 this next draft.
I’d rather suck one year and try and get that elite QB.
Josh Allen sure looked like a difference maker.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:32 AM   #611
tommy156
BANNED

Yeah, it's an emotional investment, but sucking for a year or two isn't the worst thing in the world. Last time the Steelers sucked two years in a row, they got Polamalu, then Ben.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:51 PM   #612
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Yeah, it's an emotional investment, but sucking for a year or two isn't the worst thing in the world. Last time the Steelers sucked two years in a row, they got Polamalu, then Ben.
Yes. And in last years draft Houston got C. J. Stroud and Will Anderson. Boom….all of a sudden coaches look smart and other players know they have something special so stop F-ing around.
My argument with you is Jordan Love. There are guys, like Love, that take a little longer to develop.
I doubt it but have to keep Kenny in the mix and the starting QB job should be an open competition.
And lastly, this town needs to lighten up at the games. Boo birds were out of control with every QB last year. I was at a few games and it was bad.
Hopefully us fans have a better season also.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:06 PM   #613
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

What ever happen to putting the players out on the field that give you the best chance to win?
When he said in his news conference that Pickett is still qb1, I was totally done with his bullshit. He should have said that qb1 will be decided after a competition in the preseason. His Comme t is another slap in the face to Mason. I said before get a new oc and see how Kenny does but gee Mason proved to me that he was able to play under this system and Kenny couldn't. He stays in the pocket to the last second and makes a play. Kenny gets chicken feet. Mason at this point is by far better. Fuck tomlin
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:34 PM   #614
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
What ever happen to putting the players out on the field that give you the best chance to win?
When he said in his news conference that Pickett is still qb1, I was totally done with his bullshit. He should have said that qb1 will be decided after a competition in the preseason. His Comme t is another slap in the face to Mason. I said before get a new oc and see how Kenny does but gee Mason proved to me that he was able to play under this system and Kenny couldn't. He stays in the pocket to the last second and makes a play. Kenny gets chicken feet. Mason at this point is by far better. Fuck tomlin
As I understood it, Kenny was named #1 going into camp, and that "competition will be brought in" for the job. But if Kenny's QB1 for the season opener, I'm done with Tomlin too.
Old 01-20-2024, 03:38 PM   #615
tommy156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
And lastly, this town needs to lighten up at the games. Boo birds were out of control with every QB last year. I was at a few games and it was bad.
Hopefully us fans have a better season also.
Amen. I have season tix and go to every game. The fans were bigger assholes than usual this year. Hearing stupid chants to fire people and bench others. I will note that Kenny was given every single benefit of the doubt until Canada got fired. But they eventually turned on him too.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women