Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70472
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #46
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Europe won't be able to. That leaves . . . I don't even want to think about it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #47
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Europe won't be able to. That leaves . . . I don't even want to think about it.
I think china's getting too big for their britches.

they've been on criticism rant lately
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #48
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Who will intervene for us?
There is no need for intervention here. Out interest rates are at historic all time lows. Italy is having to borrow at 7.5%. The markets have rendered very different judgments on our creditworthiness.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #49
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

with regards to Italy, it has a much bigger economy than Greece. Its been said, they're too big to fail and too big to save.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

TTH, do you really think those are the market interest rates? They're artificially low. When the top comes off, they will skyrocket. Do you really think we should intervene in Europe? We are about to go under ourselves.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:17 AM   #51
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
There is no need for intervention here. Out interest rates are at historic all time lows. Italy is having to borrow at 7.5%. The markets have rendered very different judgments on our creditworthiness.
Italian 5 yr Bond Sale Monday for approx, $4Billion
Current expected rate 6.46%. If that goes over 7% the Euro might take a dive from 1.375 to 1.34. I'll be shorting the Euro like crazy and celebrate for the rest of the week. Then I'll fly my ATF and her gf over from Tucson and have a ball.
My biggest problem then will be to see if I can handle the 2 girls together 5 weeks after my hip surgery.
Lol I guess I'll find out soon enough.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #52
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
First, the overall debt level in Europe is perfectly acceptable. you have shockingly poor judgment on a wide range of topicsThe problem is the single currency. A currency union doesn't allow individual countries who have growth problems or modest debt problems (like Greece, Italy, and perhaps Spain) to inflate their way out of debt via currency devaluation. yeah, but dumbass, who gets hurt when a country inflates their way out of debt?....there's no easy escape from this problem.....debt is evil Those countries are stuck with a robust currency and have to pay their debt back without the ability to control the currency.you mean without the ability to fuck their people over......too damn bad..... Yet other nations whose economies have taken different paths wish for the currencies to remain robust, or worse for those nations with a weakening economy, want the currency to be even stronger.

Second, those European nations with the strongest social safety net have the healthiest economies.no correlation between the two No Scandinavian or northern European countries have any debt problems at present. Their economies are running very, very well.

Finally, the U.S. can choose whether to participate in LOLR support or not. However, whether we helped create the mess or not is irrelevant.you gotta take the medicine if you want the cure If Europe goes into a Depression, we will surely follow. If our intervention as a LOLR will prevent a worldwide Depression, it is in our best interest to intervene even if we had no role whatsoever in creating the mess.

China understands this, I think. But they're not going to sign on the bottom line unless we do. And probably vice versa. But playing a game of chicken with China to see who blinks first is a dangerous game indeed, especially given these stakes.
you are indeed a dumbass.....
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:28 AM   #53
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:

Second, those European nations with the strongest social safety net have the healthiest economies. No Scandinavian or northern European countries have any debt problems at present. Their economies are running very, very well.
May I mention that Norway and Sweden (Scandinavian countries) are NOT part of the Euro. But my favorite country the Netherlands is a perfect example of a well run, strong economy with a triple A credit rating and one of the best (maybe THE best) social safety nets in the world. (If they only had a better climate....)
Yes, you pay a bit more tax but look what you get in place: A thriving country with a high living standard, a high education standard and very low crime. Government delivers like it should. So do the Unions and the Social Services.
Only there are fewer billionaires but hey no-one has a problem with that.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #54
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
TTH, do you really think those are the market interest rates? They're artificially low. When the top comes off, they will skyrocket. Do you really think we should intervene in Europe? We are about to go under ourselves.
And how are they kept artificially low?
Old 11-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Fed monetary policy
Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #56
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Fed monetary policy
Precisely. That is the entire point of controlling your own currency and having a currency large enough to have your debt denominated in that currency. Japan has significantly higher debt than Italy as a percentage of GDP (around 200%), but the interest on their debt is just 1% or so. Same with the U.S., although our percentage of debt (61.3%) is closer to that of the UK, (85.5). France (67.4%) and Germany (44.4%), than Italy ( 109.0%).

And note where the debt of the countries that do have very generous social safety nets are: Sweden 33.8%, Norway 26.1%, Finland 41.7%, Dennmark 39.6%, Switzerland 20.2%, The Netherlands 51.8%, and New Zealand 30.5%. Thriving economies, slightly higher taxes, and social justice all at one time. Quelle horreur!!

http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=GOV_DEBT
Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #57
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Thriving economies, slightly higher taxes, and social justice all at one time. Quelle horreur!!
Yeah, but those countries can't destroy the world 20 times over. So it's a wash.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Yeah, but those countries can't destroy the world 20 times over. So it's a wash.

Doesn't happen often... but I gotta give it to ya... that was a good one!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #59
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
That's really a great feature. We can't lose that can we? Why not try to up the game so we can destroy the world 50 times over. That would really be helpful wouldn't it?
But I do agree with TTH here.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #60
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
um, destroying the world 20 or 50 times over is impossible with current technology.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women