Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70452
biomed160830
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452972
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35563
Mojojo33117

Old 10-19-2011, 06:56 AM   #46
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Centrist

He always was a centrist.

Only the circumstances on inaguaration dictated his actions.

This OWS is so refreshing to see the new involvement and the learning process and the counterbalance politically to the aggression of the right.

Power to the People.

Off with COG's internet connection as he is but a provacateur.

catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #47
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

In this interview, the always interesting Nassim Taleb (author of The Black Swan) describes how he feels that the protests could devolve into growing class-based resentment, and offers commentary on the injustices involving the privatization of profits and socialization of risks. He then tells how it would be a very simple matter to prevent this from happening again:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/nassim...banking-system

It's a 14-minute video, so you might not want to spend time watching it if you're not particularly interested in the issue. But if you want to get the gist of what he's saying, here's a short article you can read in a fraction of the time:

http://www.project-syndicate.org/com...taleb1/English

And there's also this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...68R2SK20100928

Whether you agree with Taleb or not, he certainly thinks outside the box and his stuff is always an interesting read. And he has suggested that perhaps the Nobel prize in economics should be abolished. Given the damage wreaked by some of these people, I tend to agree.

Taleb has probably also done more than anyone else to discredit models such as Black-Scholes. I don't think they work any better in the real world than the macro models used by people like Mark Zandi to make extravagant claims about the efficacy of fiscal initiatives.

For any of these things to even come close to seeming like they work in practice, certain conditions have to be perfectly met and the wind has to be blowing from exactly the right direction.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #48
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
In this interview, the always interesting Nassim Taleb (author of The Black Swan)

http://www.project-syndicate.org/com...taleb1/English

And that in a nutshell it what is wrong with this country. Most folks have never heard of Taleb. Dylan Radigan on MSNBC is a fan of his and has been on the bankers ass from the get-go.

This huge transfer of wealth is killing this country!

Moral Hazard and to big to fail , what with government socializing losses is the scrooge of this country. It makes honest citizens not want to pay taxes and thus the spiral has started.

To be honest , I really do not see much hope for this country and have been making plans accordingly.

I forgot to add the welfare mentality of the people of this country. Nothing is free, yet we all act as if we are entitled to something for nothing. The young people see the old folks crying about SS , when they are actually taking out more than they put in and asking them to sacrfice by paying more in educational costs! That is welfare folks. It isn't even class welfare, it is midlle class vs middle class. The rich do not worry about SS & MC or the cost of school.....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Provacateur. I like that. Thanks, Catnip!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #50
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

That fit you well Cutie!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Aww, WTF!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #52
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The young people see the old folks crying about SS , when they are actually taking out more than they put in and asking them to sacrfice by paying more in educational costs! That is welfare folks.
You really ought to get some accurate data .... I would be delighted for the government to hand me back, plus a reasonable rate of interest, the social security and medicare payments I have made since it was deducted or I paid it as a self-employed business owner. Just tell me where to pick up the check ... (I'll rush to the bank to cash it!). You ought not to get social security and medicare confused with

1. supplemental security income;
2. medicaid; and
3. social security disability.

There are a lot of resources for folks that want to continue an education beyond high school in either an academic setting or vocational one. In addition, there is always the option of working AND going to school, which I recognize may be a "novel" idea to many, even some posters on here, but it has been done for a long time, and will continue.

For instance, do you think Obaminable paid 100% of his tuition at Harvard?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:35 PM   #53
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Appearently, some left wing organizers are trying to co-opt the OWS just like the 'R' establishment co-opted the tea party. A Manifesto has been Issued through people like chomsky.

i didn't read the whole post so forgive me if it's already been offered.

Quote:
On 15th October 2011, united in our diversity, united for global change, we demand global democracy: global governance by the people, for the people. Inspired by our sisters and brothers in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Bahrain, Palestine-Israel, Spain and Greece, we too call for a regime change: a global regime change. In the words of Vandana Shiva, the Indian activist, today we demand replacing the G8 with the whole of humanity - the G 7,000,000,000.

Undemocratic international institutions are our global Mubarak, our global Assad, our global Gaddafi. These include: the IMF, the WTO, global markets, multinational banks, the G8, the G20, the European Central Bank and the UN Security Council. Like Mubarak and Assad, these institutions must not be allowed to run people’s lives without their consent. We are all born equal, rich or poor, woman or man. Every African and Asian is equal to every European and American. Our global institutions must reflect this, or be overturned.

Today, more than ever before, global forces shape people's lives. Our jobs, health, housing, education and pensions are controlled by global banks, markets, tax havens, corporations and financial crises. Our environment is destroyed by pollution in other continents. Our safety is determined by international wars and international trade in arms, drugs and natural resources. We are losing control over our lives. This must stop. This will stop. The citizens of the world must get control over the decisions that influence them at all levels - from global to local. That is global democracy. That is what we demand today...
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #54
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Important Facts

I think the really important facts are that President Obama overcame so many obstacles in his life and not only managed to get his degree from a prestigious University, but rose to become President of the United States.

That is one hell of an achievement considering where he started in life.

. . . Can you not see the big picture or must you dwell on inconsequential side notes and resort to name calling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I recognize may be a "novel" idea to many, even some posters on here, but it has been done for a long time, and will continue.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #55
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
. . . must you dwell on inconsequential side notes and resort to name calling?
apparently Obaminable's achievements are not inconsequential .....

... and if you are referring to "Obaminable" ... as "name calling" .... perhaps you ought to do a little "policing" of some of the other posters on here ... rather than pick and choose based on your political bias.

BTW, where did he "start" in life?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #56
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:

(Fill in Name) : Mr. President...Let me tell you what it's like to grow up in Amerca.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #57
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Broken Home

He started from a broken home and had to deal with the biracial issue early if life.

He has had to dig this country from the deep hole that Bush left it in with one hand and fight the opposition who only want to see him fail and do not have any real regard for the well-being of the country with the other.

Why anyone would want the Republicans back in the White House after the mess they left behind is beyond me.

Quote:
apparently Obaminable's achievements are not inconsequential .....

... and if you are referring to "Obaminable" ... as "name calling" .... perhaps you ought to do a little "policing" of some of the other posters on here ... rather than pick and choose based on your political bias.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #58
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You really ought to get some accurate data .... I would be delighted for the government to hand me back, plus a reasonable rate of interest, the social security and medicare payments I have made since it was deducted or I paid it as a self-employed business owner. Just tell me where to pick up the check ... (I'll rush to the bank to cash it!). You ought not to get social security and medicare confused with

1. supplemental security income;
2. medicaid; and
3. social security disability.

There are a lot of resources for folks that want to continue an education beyond high school in either an academic setting or vocational one. In addition, there is always the option of working AND going to school, which I recognize may be a "novel" idea to many, even some posters on here, but it has been done for a long time, and will continue.

We have already went over this with some other Tea Party nuts. Next you will say , "Yea but wtf about interest?"

and then I will have to show you that this includes interest.

Please try and be better informed on these subjects before spouting off.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/...-in-retirement

Consider a single man who earns the average wage throughout his career ($43,100 in 2010 dollars), works every year from age 22 to 64, and then retires at age 65 in 2010. Over his lifetime he has paid $345,000 into the system. But he is likely to get back $72,000 more than that, or $417,000 in Social Security and Medicare payouts, according to recent Urban Institute calculations. A single women with the same work and tax history will come out even further ahead due to her longer life expectancy, likely netting $464,000 in lifetime benefits, which is $192,000 more than she paid into the system. These amounts are in constant 2010 dollars and assume a 2 percent real interest rate.
Medicare benefits are the main reason most workers are coming out ahead. A male earning the average wage throughout his working life who retires in 2010 paid $55,000 into the Medicare trust fund, but is likely to receive $161,000 worth of Medicare benefits, the Urban Institute found. In contrast, he pays $290,000 in Social Security taxes throughout his career and collects $256,000 in retirement payments.
[See 10 Things You Didn't Know About Social Security.]
Married couples generally benefit the most from Social Security and Medicare payments, especially when one spouse earns significantly more than the other. A two-earner couple with one spouse earning the average wage each year ($43,100 in 2010) and the other spouse earning 45 percent of the average wage annually ($19,400 in 2010) who both retire in 2010 will get back $300,000 more in retirement benefits than they paid into the system. A couple with this earnings history would pay $500,000 in taxes over their lifetime, but get back $800,000 in benefits.
When both members of the couple earn the same average wage over their working life, they get back $192,000 more than their tax contributions. In this case the spouses paid $690,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes and are likely to get $882,000 worth of benefits in retirement.
[See 10 Key Retirement Ages to Plan For.]
The picture is slightly less rosy, but still a good deal, for higher income couples. If one spouse earns 160 percent of the average wage each year ($68,900 in 2010), the other spouse earns the average wage ($43,100 in 2010) annually, and they retire together at age 65 in 2010, they are likely to get back $107,000 more in benefits than they paid in taxes. This couple has paid $882,000 into Social Security and Medicare and can expect to receive $988,000 worth of benefits. This surplus of benefits is again mostly due to Medicare. A couple with this earnings history paid $140,000 in Medicare taxes over their working life, but is likely to collect $343,000 worth of Medicare services.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #59
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Name that tune!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
(Fill in Name) : Mr. President...Let me tell you what it's like to grow up in Amerca.

Another Birther bites the dust..

and another one down

and another one down
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

We can't afford four more years of Obama. Unfortunately, we can't afford 4 years of any of the leading Republicans. And for the record, Obama is leaving a hell of a mess for his successor, who will make it worse, just like Obama made the mess inherited from Bush even worse. The pattern is unsettling.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women